Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Gurlie To Atlantie Nowie

We will be so pizzed if we draft ray or dupree and they are total busts and gurlie is the next peterson....just because there is a "NEED"

Alternatively, Gurley is the next Cedric Benson, Ray gets 13 sacks in his rookie season, and Dupree seems mediocre at first before erupting as it "clicks" near the end of the season and leads the Saints defense to a championship. I don't believe all of that but we can play the "if" game forever.

Personally, I've been watching Gurley a lot more lately. He was my #1, and he might still be, but I'm less than impressed with his vision. There were several times I'd be watching him and I'd see a cutback lane open up, but instead he'd just plow through for a healthy four yards while his line paved the way. His line is a huge reason for his success.

His balance is otherworldly though. So good. That's the most impressive trait about Gurley for me, and it's super valuable. But not 8th pick in the draft valuable. Maybe - MAYBE if someone traded up with us. He's not a top 10 pick in the draft though, and he isn't on Peterson's level at all. You guys need to watch more Peterson, he creates something out of nothing constantly. Gurley is just great at making the most of certain opportunities.

no offense to KOG, one of my favs on the board....

but I have to laugh at how momentum is built-up on the Falcons messageboard.

In the last 2.5 months,

everyone loved Shane Ray - then he became #2

everyone loved Vic Beasley - he is still very popular

most loved Todd Gurley but did not deem it smart to take him w/ top ten pick

in the last 24 hours, everyone is "Gurley Crazy"...

it is just funny to me.

We will be so pizzed if we draft ray or dupree and they are total busts and gurlie is the next peterson....just because there is a "NEED"

Can't speak for everyone but there is a "need" for both pass rusher and RB but my objection to a first round RB is that they are players that average 5 years in the league, hurt often, and it's been proven over and over again that sometimes equal or better talent can be found in the later rounds.

I know that nobody can say this for any player but if you could guarantee we'd get 7 pro-bowl years out of Gurley I'd feel better about it.

It's spreading. This is worse than the great G-Dawg mock epidemic of 2013.

Nothing was as bad as the 2014 YEAR OF THE CLOWNEY TRADE ALL FOR HIM. G-dawg was leading the charge with at least 20 mocks with trading the farm for him.

Thank god we stayed put.

and i will be so pissed if we draft a guy that misses half the seasons and we still have no one that can get to the qb.

no offense to KOG, one of my favs on the board....

but I have to laugh at how momentum is built-up on the Falcons messageboard.

In the last 2.5 months,

everyone loved Shane Ray - then he became #2

everyone loved Vic Beasley - he is still very popular

most loved Todd Gurley but did not deem it smart to take him w/ top ten pick

in the last 24 hours, everyone is "Gurley Crazy"...

it is just funny to me.

I'm still shocked you aint with the program. Buddy is probably a better value than all of them edge rushers, Olinemen, DBs and WRs. Come on bro. We got seven more days to fill up the wagon. Get on by Sunday and you can ride in the front with the rest of us. Wise up.

I've been down for taking Gurley but thought it was wise to go with Beasley or Ray. After hearing the news about Ray's toe I'm really all for taking Gurley now. Just don't have a good feeling about Dupree or Gregory.

Edit: BTW, don't think Beasley will be there at 8.

It's spreading. This is worse than the great G-Dawg mock epidemic of 2013.

Sorry :(

KoG has seen the light... gurlie, best athlete in the draftie. Hard to pass up, he will be a beastie. Remember I said thatie.

Gurley doesn't need to be mentioned in the same breath as AP. It isn't close. Gurley is a great RB and one of the best in this draft but the majority of this is hype. Just you wait. Would be willing to bet money 3-4 other RBs will be within a couple hundred yards of whatever Gurley does, if not doing better than him. The value at #8 is nonexistent. Smh.