Can't Believe I'm Doing This. Sorry Guys. (Xskyx Mock)

xskyx

First:I've been adamantly against Gurley at 8. There are better options at 8, as well as good rb talent in the 2nd-4th. Gurley's injury history scares me, and I worry that he could be a "wasted" pick who rides IR and only plays a few games per season.

BUT...

If the analysts are right and Gurley does prove to be a rare talent.. Then I can get behind this. Imagine Matty, Roddy, Julio, and a superstar rb. Wow..

TB- Winston

Titans- Williams

Jax- Fowler

Oak - Cooper

Skins- Beasley

Jets- Mariota

Bears- Shelton

Now I think Quinn will get a lot more production from our current personnel due to his scheme. I also believe we have quite a few passrushers from FA and the Smith era who should have a shot in this scheme. This allows us to focus elsewhere..

Our top needs after FA are (in my opinion, disxouting edge rushers due to reasons above) LG, RB, CB or FS depending on Southward.

With the 8th overall pick the Falcons select...

TODD GURLEY, RB

Keep the defense off the field while wearing theirs down with Gurley and Shanny's West Coast passing.

2Nd round- Marcus Peters - CB

This rounds out our secondary, picking up a long corner like Quinn prefers with great measurables.

3Rd round- Arie Kouandijo OG

This completes the oline, moving our rushing offense waaayyy up the charts due to Gurley and a better front.

4Th round - Za'Darius Smith OR Anthony Chickillo DE.

This gives another underrated edge prospect to work with.

Rounds 5-7 are BPA with a blocking fullback (Fowler? Varga?) taken somewhere or as an udfa.

First:I've been adamantly against Gurley at 8. There are better options at 8, as well as good rb talent in the 2nd-4th. Gurley's injury history scares me, and I worry that he could be a "wasted" pick who rides IR and only plays a few games per season.BUT...

If the analysts are right and Gurley does prove to be a rare talent.. Then I can get behind this. Imagine Matty, Roddy, Julio, and a superstar rb. Wow..

TB- Winston

Titans- Williams

Jax- Fowler

Oak - Cooper

Skins- Beasley

Jets- Mariota

Bears- Shelton

Now I think Quinn will get a lot more production from our current personnel due to his scheme. I also believe we have quite a few passrushers from FA and the Smith era who should have a shot in this scheme. This allows us to focus elsewhere..

Our top needs after FA are (in my opinion, disxouting edge rushers due to reasons above) LG, RB, CB or FS depending on Southward.

With the 8th overall pick the Falcons select...TODD GURLEY, RB

Keep the defense off the field while wearing theirs down with Gurley and Shanny's West Coast passing.

2Nd round- Marcus Peters - CB

This rounds out our secondary, picking up a long corner like Quinn prefers with great measurables.

3Rd round- Arie Kouandijo OG

This completes the oline, moving our rushing offense waaayyy up the charts due to Gurley and a better front.

4Th round - Za'Darius Smith OR Anthony Chickillo DE.

This gives another underrated edge prospect to work with.

Rounds 5-7 are BPA with a blocking fullback (Fowler? Varga?) taken somewhere or as an udfa.

Allow me to mock this mock draft.

It's ridiculous. A stupid waste of a first round pick. This is how you build a decade of futility and losing season after losing season.

No defense. No pass rush. No hope.

Your lineman can't pass block or move. Horrible ZBS fit.

Absolutely, irredeemably horrible.

Edited by Oldskooler

It's ridiculous. A stupid waste of a first round pick. This is how you build a decade of futility and losing season after losing season.

so...you don't like it?

You went to the Darkside Xskyx.

**** you Bawse **** you.

Man I just think that given the right draft position via trade up or down, along with certain players already being gone.. You could make a case for anyone in the 1st round besides a QB.

Regardless of who we pick, I'll be happy and probably yell

Im all for edge rusher at 8 as well, but i wouldnt be mad at your draft, especially with Zadarius or Chickallo getting picked up , who project to be better LEOs than anyone not named Beasley or Gregory at 8.. Loved all the names you got up there.. give me Waller and Fowler in rounds 5-7 if possible and we have playmakers everywhere..

Man I just think that given the right draft position via trade up or down, along with certain players already being gone.. You could make a case for anyone in the 1st round besides a QB.

Regardless of who we pick, I'll be happy and probably yell

This is where I'm at honestly. I have talked myself into every pick I think we could make so I'll be good however it goes down.

come on now, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you REALLY feel.........ph34r.pnglaugh.png