Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuggle'2

You People Need To Chill Out.

307 posts in this topic

I have never reported anyone either.

Here's an interesting question for Tug and Mono, can mods get banned?

What if a mod turns into a troll-like poster? Do they get stripped of being a mod, or do they just skip that and just get banned?

Not saying that it will ever happen, it just popped into my head.

right on sui... it's been a freaking monsoon here...

Yes sir. It got bad in Angleton Friday night.

You are in North Houston right? Guess y'all have been getting pounded too. I've had it with the rain for a while.

I have never reported anyone either.

Here's an interesting question for Tug and Mono, can mods get banned?

What if a mod turns into a troll-like poster? Do they get stripped of being a mod, or do they just skip that and just get banned?

Not saying that it will ever happen, it just popped into my head.

Sure, I don't see why not. Not above the law or anything. I mean it is strictly voluntary and a huuuuuge pain in buttocks which is a huge reason why all those before have just quit the board entirely or long since created new accounts and pretend that their mod-dom (new word!) never happened.

Edit: I mean we definitely have overlords. They don't talk much, but they will come and mark stuff unauthorized or inappropriate and whatnot.

Falcanuck bringin' his A-Game to the boards today. cool.png

I was gonna mess with Mr Steve here on that note DawnOfThemBirds. I mean the trolling part. Just for laughs, but I was gonna take away his ability to post the dancing chihuahua and see if he said something. :lol:

I'm honestly curious as to how many reports you guys are getting.I mean just give us a guesstimate on how many a day the last few weeks.I feel like the number would probably be depressing.

Sure, I don't see why not. Not above the law or anything. I mean it is strictly voluntary and a huuuuuge pain in buttocks which is a huge reason why all those before have just quit the board entirely or long since created new accounts and pretend that their mod-dom (new word!) never happened.

I can see why previous mods have quit. This place become a madhouse at times.

I respect anyone who is willing to take on that responsibility.

Keep up the great job guys, try not to get burned out.

Anyways, I want what the Falcons want. Only reason I said okay to this very very very very very very very very very thankless task. I want this board to grow. I want the Falcons fan base to grow. I want more people, more ideas, more point of views, more, more, more, more.

People talk about this weird notion that we want everyone to think the same. It is the exact opposite. Disagreeing is actually highly encouraged. It keeps the blood flowing so to speak. Disagree all you want, fight amongst yourselves all you want, have fun all you want.

The only teeny tiny little thing that is asked is that it stop getting so dang personal and stop taking the freaking internet so dang seriously.

I'm honestly curious as to how many reports you guys are getting.I mean just give us a guesstimate on how many a day the last few weeks.I feel like the number would probably be depressing.

Okay, when I logged on from my phone this morning there were 8 incomplete reports. Between Mono and I we handled them. I get off work and log on from my pc and there were like 12 more. That is ridiculous. All over stuff that IMO shouldn't have to be told to a bunch of people on the internet on what it is they did wrong. It is just frustrating as can be. i want to come around and talk some dang football. I don't want to spend hours of my time here telling grown men and women to please respect the guy next to you. Attack the opinion, stop attacking the freaking person it is really that simple.

Anyways, I want what the Falcons want. Only reason I said okay to this very very very very very very very very very thankless task. I want this board to grow. I want the Falcons fan base to grow. I want more people, more ideas, more point of views, more, more, more, more.

People talk about this weird notion that we want everyone to think the same. It is the exact opposite. Disagreeing is actually highly encouraged. It keeps the blood flowing so to speak. Disagree all you want, fight amongst yourselves all you want, have fun all you want.

The only teeny tiny little thing that is asked is that it stop getting so dang personal and stop taking the freaking internet so dang seriously.

I disagree.

JDaveG and Tuggle'2 like this

I was gonna mess with Mr Steve here on that note DawnOfThemBirds. I mean the trolling part. Just for laughs, but I was gonna take away his ability to post the dancing chihuahua and see if he said something. :lol:

It would be an odd day if Steve stops using the dancing chihuahua gif.

It would be like dogs using humans as pets.

It will just alter the way of life lol.

Tuggle'2 likes this

That would be a mistake. Your opinion is appreciated here. IMHO

That's not the thing. When you're drowned out by unnecessary drama and bickering, it's not worth it. There are so many posts I've thought about making to spark actual football discussion, but that's not coveted around here anymore like it used to be. HeIl, just look at Hawley. Everybody would post those two gifs instead of actually forming an opinion of his play. Just not the same amount of collective intelligence around here.

I doubt they want to receive all the meat-mail that would come their way if they came out laugh.png

Like others have said, sad but true.

Okay, when I logged on from my phone this morning there were 8 incomplete reports. Between Mono and I we handled them. I get off work and log on from my pc and there were like 12 more. That is ridiculous. All over stuff that IMO shouldn't have to be told to a bunch of people on the internet on what it is they did wrong. It is just frustrating as can be. i want to come around and talk some dang football. I don't want to spend hours of my time here telling grown men and women to please respect the guy next to you. Attack the opinion, stop attacking the freaking person it is really that simple.

I can't imagine having to work when I logon here.I mean I get on here to entertain myself for a little while.Major props to you and Mono though for being so engaged and interactive with us and letting us know what is going on.

Imaginary +1 and thanks.

Tuggle'2 likes this

That's not the thing. When you're drowned out by unnecessary drama and bickering, it's not worth it. There are so many posts I've thought about making to spark actual football discussion, but that's not coveted around here anymore like it used to be. HeIl, just look at Hawley. Everybody would post those two gifs instead of actually forming an opinion of his play. Just not the same amount of collective intelligence around here.

Oh man yes .... make that kind of stuff go away would be my personal dream. Sadly that isn't at all what I am here to do as an Admin. If people wanna post stupid gifs of a purposeful flop and declare it proof positive a man is weak they can, if they want to watch reality television that is so obviously edited for drama and declare a man lazy they can. :(

I think the definition of "everybody" is constantly confused and convoluted on this board.

I understand what you're saying and agree to an extent but the "everybody" is generally a handful of people.

I think the definition of "everybody" is constantly confused and convoluted on this board.

I understand what you're saying and agree to an extent but the "everybody" is generally a handful of people.

I don't know about that man.Much like real life there tends to be a herd mentality around here.Once Tatf turns on a player or idea you might as well give up actual football discussion on said player or idea.
vel likes this

I agree with this. Most of the regulars fully understand that often the loudest and most repeated sentiments on the board come from a very small minority. That minority just speaks the loudest.

I always laugh at the guys in RC because of it. They're notorious for turning one or two people's very loud opinion and turning into TATF as a whole.

I'm man enough to be honest and say that I have hit that report button a couple times and with very good reason.

Yeah, I did a few times prior to me becoming a mod myself. If it was in anyway racist it was getting reported and that's just cause if I didn't I would have gotten myself banned for putting the internet beat down on someone. >.>