Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuggle'2

You People Need To Chill Out.

307 posts in this topic

Times change, people change, everything changes.

Only on this site have I ever seen so many people get their feathers ruffled over the smallest of stuff. Especially a friendly bit of advice to chill out and remember why we are all here, that is to talk about the Atlanta Falcons. I swear some of you guys would just rather I never mention it again and people start figuring it out the hard way when they notice folks are gone. I will never be that person though. I will always give folks a fair chance to come back to earth and realize this is only a game we're talking about.

I think most folks in here are just venting.

Times change, people change, everything changes.

Only on this site have I ever seen so many people get their feathers ruffled over the smallest of stuff. Especially a friendly bit of advice to chill out and remember why we are all here, that is to talk about the Atlanta Falcons. I swear some of you guys would just rather I never mention it again and people start figuring it out the hard way when they notice folks are gone. I will never be that person though. I will always give folks a fair chance to come back to earth and realize this is only a game we're talking about.

If you think its just about the advice you are mistaken. You basically called out long time posters and told us a lot of people we call friend are no longer on the board.

This place and some posters on it used to get to me a lot more than they ever do now...I realized that I wasn't ever going to meet 98% of you and we're just a bunch of people posting on a football message board...

It's not as important as your health, your faith, your friends, your family or your job.

So someone disagrees with me. Thank God.

I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone agreed with me. I'd get bored with that in about 5 minutes.

If it's that important for you to be liked or agreed with on every subject then you need to probably get off of every form of social media there is.

If you think someone is a troll or is trolling you in particular avoid them. It's easy once you get into the habit. I call it the "dog poop on the sidewalk" method. Don't step in it. Hop over it and avoid it completely.

This place is a pleasant little diversion from life. Don't make it into anything else.

Honestly, there isn't a single person I have ever fought with on here that I don't think I could sit down and have a beer with today.

This place and some posters on it used to get to me a lot more than they ever do now...I realized that I wasn't ever going to meet 98% of you and we're just a bunch of people posting on a football message board...

It's not as important as your health, your faith, your friends, your family or your job.

I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone agreed with me. I'd get bored with that in about 5 minutes.

If it's that important for you to be liked or agreed with on every subject then you need to probably get off of every form of social media there is.

If you think someone is a troll or is trolling you in particular avoid them. It's easy once you get into the habit. I call it the "dog poop on the sidewalk" method. Don't step in it. Hop over it and avoid it completely.

This place is a pleasant little diversion from life. Don't make it into anything else.

Honestly, there isn't a single person I have ever fought with on here that I don't think I could sit down and have a beer with today.

That's America bro. Not just here. I hope we actually meet someday.

Falconsfan567 and PokerSteve like this

Yeah, but a perma ban? If they've been here as long then would it not mean they really never were a problem all these years??? That's like cutting Matt Ryan and drafting Bryce Petty.

They wanna come back later on down the road and talk it out, they're more than welcome. As far as people who have been, it's between us and them so I won't be naming any names, but it hasn't been an actual TATF'r yet.

Also I hate to be callous, but I honestly expect more from people. I am a very fair and fun loving person. I would much rather nobody ever gets banned or suspended again. That said, people have another thing coming if they think that equates to some sort of problem dropping the hammer though. All I have to say about that.

Then vent in a way that you would if you were talking to the other guy face to face. Too many tough guys get personal when there's an internet separating them.

I meant in this particular thread

It will be tough for me to make my hands in the shape of a heart when I see you if that happens....

You have no drive whatsoever. Smfh

Same here man. You know I have massive respect and admiration for you.

Same back to you man. You are the top poster and we all know it. You know we come from a completely different time on the boards. I learned from guys like you, FF70, Supes, and gazoo. Capologist as well. When guys like Halsey and Junnybuc went upside my head, I didn't report it. I learned.

If you think its just about the advice you are mistaken. You basically called out long time posters and told us a lot of people we call friend are no longer on the board.

No it is and was just some advice. Nobody is perfect, not me, not joe, not bob, nobody. I can't tell you how to take something. People are in control of their own emotions and perceptions. They're also in control of how they handle themselves.

Tuggle glad to see you trying to make TATF a better place to post. Would definitely make me want to post in here little bit more because you got people who are respecting one another.

Excellent post as always, Gritz!

People take things too personal on any form of social media. Face-to-face and a lot of the childishness wouldn't occur.

If only people would go outside and enjoy the day, get fresh air, read a book, perform some kind of exercise. Just do something other than invest so much emotion(s) towards people on a football message board.

Bolded part: Except for me being that I don't drink, but I'm sure we could at least sit down and enjoy a water lol.

Falconsfan567 and No.11 like this

Then vent in a way that you would if you were talking to the other guy face to face. Too many tough guys get personal when there's an internet separating them.

**** MIC DROP ****