Walterfootball Added To Fanspeak Otc

Oldskooler

Here's what I came up with.

1) Alvin "Bud" Dupree, OLB, UK

2) Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

3) Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart (industrial dishwashers?)

4) David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa

5) Chris Conley, WR, Georgia

6) Corey Crawford, DE, Clemson

7a) Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma

7b) Zach Zenner, RB, S. Dakota St.

Yes, 2 running backs. Zenner was by far the best player at that point, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could beat out Johnson.

For completeness, Round 1 went 1 Mariota, 2 Williams, 3 Beasley, 4 Fowler Jr. 5 Ray, 6 Winston, 7 Cooper, 8 Dupree, 9 La'el Collins, 10 Scherff, 11 White, 12 Kendricks, 13 Waynes, 14 Parker, 15 Gregory, 16 Brown, 17 Armstead, 18 Flowers, 19 Goldman, 20 Landon Collins, 21 Thompson, 22 Peters, 24 Erving, 25 Peat, 26 Gurley, 27 Harold, 28 Clemmings, 29 Jalen Collins, 30 Shelton, 31 Perriman, 32 Edwards Jr.

I want Zenner too, but he couldn't beat out Johnson if he tried. Zenner is like Jason Snelling, a jack of all trades, master of none.

Reaching for Dupree at 8 is a mistake, rather take Trae Waynes or Scherff. But if we insisted on reaching on a edge rusher at 8, then might as well take Gregory because he and Dupree have equal bust potential, but Gregory has a higher ceiling.

I want Zenner too, but he couldn't beat out Johnson if he tried. Zenner is like Jason Snelling, a jack of all trades, master of none.

Reaching for Dupree at 8 is a mistake, rather take Trae Waynes or Scherff. But if we insisted on reaching on a edge rusher at 8, then might as well take Gregory because he and Dupree have equal bust potential, but Gregory has a higher ceiling.

That's why you get a Zenner.

I don't believe Dupree is a reach at all. I believe that after basically redshirting his rookie season as he learns how to use his hands, a spin move, and a rip, he will be the best defensive player, and quite possibly the best player PERIOD, to come out of this draft.

I don't see where he has the potential to bust.

He has a high motor.

He is coachable, as evidenced by his ability to learn a new defense, with position changes, every year.

He has a team-first mentality, as evidennced by his willingness to sacrifice personal stats and glory in order to fit the scheme of that particular year.

His blend of raw size, speed, power, and explosiveness are unmatched.

The weakness in his game is a learnable, coachable skill. We have a coach with a track record of teaching the exact skills Bud Dupree needs to learn.

I don't believe Dupree is a reach at all. I believe that after basically redshirting his rookie season as he learns how to use his hands, a spin move, and a rip, he will be the best defensive player, and quite possibly the best player PERIOD, to come out of this draft.

I don't see where he has the potential to bust.

He has a high motor.

He is coachable, as evidenced by his ability to learn a new defense, with position changes, every year.

He has a team-first mentality, as evidennced by his willingness to sacrifice personal stats and glory in order to fit the scheme of that particular year.

His blend of raw size, speed, power, and explosiveness are unmatched.

The weakness in his game is a learnable, coachable skill. We have a coach with a track record of teaching the exact skills Bud Dupree needs to learn.

I agree with you but you know how some on here are they want double digit sacks his rookie season or he's a bust. If Beasley or flowers were to get 5 or less they'll be like he's gonna beast in a couple of years. If Dupree gets 5 or less **** be JA98 2.0

I agree with you but you know how some on here are they want double digit sacks his rookie season or he's a bust. If Beasley or flowers were to get 5 or less they'll be like he's gonna beast in a couple of years. If Dupree gets 5 or less **** be JA98 2.0

Has anyone had double-digit sacks in a Quinn defense?

Using the CBS Sports big board, which is still the most accurate IMO, here's what I got. Warning: Oldskoler you aint gonna like this worth a dam cause I left your man Bud on the board. Beasley, Fowler and Williams were gone, so yall already know who I'm taking:

8 - R1P8 - RB - TODD GURLEY GEORGIA
42 - R2P10 - DE - NATE ORCHARD UTAH
73 - R3P9 - ILB - DENZEL PERRYMAN MIAMI (FLA.)
107 - R4P8 - OG - JOSUE MATIAS FLORIDA STATE
146 - R5P10 - OLB - MARKUS GOLDEN MISSOURI
185 - R6P9 - FB - ZACH ZENNER SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
225 - R7P8 - OT - DARRYL BALDWIN OHIO STATE
249 - R7P32 - CB - JUSTIN COLEMAN TENNESSEE

Dupree is not a reach at 8...

Using the CBS Sports big board, which is still the most accurate IMO, here's what I got. Warning: Oldskoler you aint gonna like this worth a dam cause I left your man Bud on the board. Beasley, Fowler and Williams were gone, so yall already know who I'm taking:

Ruined an otherwise good draft by absolutely wasting the top pick. You don't seem to realize that upgrading talent does not equal upgrading production. And talent doesn't win games: production does.

You put our eggs into a one-legged, gimpy, injury-prone basket. That"s just not smart thinking. It just isn't.

Worse, you left us with a defense that can't sack groceries. Orchard is an excellent complimentary piece, but as our only significant expected pass rush upgrade? He just isn't a centerpiece guy.

You have no grasp on reality, no sense of what value different positions bring. The best rb of all te would not be worth the top pick to a team with as many holes as we have in so many more critical areas. There are too many backs who can provide similar production with a much lower opportunity cost.

Look that term up. It will do you some good.

Ruined an otherwise good draft by absolutely wasting the top pick. You don't seem to realize that upgrading talent does not equal upgrading production. And talent doesn't win games: production does.

You put our eggs into a one-legged, gimpy, injury-prone basket. That"s just not smart thinking. It just isn't.

Worse, you left us with a defense that can't sack groceries. Orchard is an excellent complimentary piece, but as our only significant expected pass rush upgrade? He just isn't a centerpiece guy.

You have no grasp on reality, no sense of what value different positions bring. The best rb of all te would not be worth the top pick to a team with as many holes as we have in so many more critical areas. There are too many backs who can provide similar production with a much lower opportunity cost.

Look that term up. It will do you some good.

LMAO. You're so far up Bud Dupree's as you can see his pancreas. Watch Nate Orchard have a better career. Bud will end up in NO and Gurley will run over him twice a year.

@ FFS1970

I am really coming around on Gurley. I am not liking Dupree as much.

If Beasley, Fowler, or Ray is gone and they have to go offense, I hope it's Gurley. The Falcons don't need a wr in first or guard.

I really don't want Gurley at 8 , but the more I research him vs the second tier options the more I like him. The guy will be a stud whether it's in a Falcon uni or not.

@ FFS1970

I am really coming around on Gurley. I am not liking Dupree as much.

If Beasley, Fowler, or Ray is gone and they have to go offense, I hope it's Gurley. The Falcons don't need a wr in first or guard.

I really don't want Gurley at 8 , but the more I research him vs the second tier options the more I like him. The guy will be a stud whether it's in a Falcon uni or not.

Great news bro! Welcome to the dark side. You can pick up your Dawg Bone at aisle 132.

For me if Beasley, Fowler and Williams are gone, it's Gurlie to Atlantie.

I like Bud, but not as much as Gurley. Not nearly as much as Oldskooler who thinks he's the best player in the draft. Hilarious. Even in the mock I posted above, we get Gurley, plus Orchard and Golden. Bud averaged 5.9 sacks per season. Orchard and Golden combined for 16.5 per season. LMAO

Great news bro! Welcome to the dark side. You can pick up your Dawg Bone at aisle 132.

For me if Beasley, Fowler and Williams are gone, it's Gurlie to Atlantie.

I like Bud, but not as much as Gurley. Not nearly as much as Oldskooler who thinks he's the best player in the draft. Hilarious. Even in the mock I posted above, we get Gurley, plus Orchard and Golden. Bud averaged 5.9 sacks per season. Orchard and Golden combined for 16.5 per season. LMAO

I've always liked Gurley. Just hard to at #8.

With that being said, if he is healthy he will be a monster. He can let the d rest, give Ryan a break by keeping the d honest, and obviously shorten the game by giving the falcons a running game.

If the Falcons can still grab other promising prospects in later rounds it would be crazy to not go with the best player in the draft vs a second tier pass rusher.

For everyone thats saying Bud isn't a reach at 8, I'll be laughing when he is drafted around 18-28 slot in the 1st.

3rd round prospect on tape, with elite athleticism does not equal top 10 player.

Why bother watching tape if you have no clue how to analyze what you're looking at?

As for Gurley, his blind homer fanbois ignore his history of other injuries. He didn't have one freak injury. He is an IR slot waiting to happen. Gurley will literally be a wasted draft pick. Curtis Enis (spelling?) v2.0

I've always liked Gurley. Just hard to at #8.

With that being said, if he is healthy he will be a monster. He can let the d rest, give Ryan a break by keeping the d honest, and obviously shorten the game by giving the falcons a running game.

If the Falcons can still grab other promising prospects in later rounds it would be crazy to not go with the best player in the draft vs a second tier pass rusher.

How did that strategy work out for Minnesota? And Gurley is by no means assured to be anywhere NEAR as good as AP has been.

And don't forget that taking Gurley means we will be surrendering 45 or so points per game because we will still uave no pass rush at all.

Do you want to be a UGA homer fanboi, or do you want to watch a team that has a chance to actually win games?

Edited by Oldskooler

For everyone thats saying Bud isn't a reach at 8, I'll be laughing when he is drafted around 18-28 slot in the 1st.

3rd round prospect on tape, with elite athleticism does not equal top 10 player.

this is funny considering how everyone's golden boy Beasley was a mid to late 1st round pick until he "wowed" at the combine. His tape put him in the same range you're projecting Dupree to go in his combine put him in the top 10.

to me Beasley, Ray, and Gregory are one trick ponies, tweeners who could be great situational players but excuse me for wanting more out of top 10 pick.

Edited by shockerfalcon

Why bother watching tape if you have no clue how to analyze what you're looking at?

As for Gurley, his blind homer fanbois ignore his history of other injuries. He didn't have one freak injury. He is an IR slot waiting to happen. Gurley will literally be a wasted draft pick. Curtis Enis (spelling?) v2.0

Because I do know what I'm looking at. I projected Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald to be instant ballers in the league before Mayock and the other scouts knew who they were. I also projected Alford to be a guy that struggles to cover ppl without grabbing and holding receivers.

I'm projecting Ray as a situational pass rusher at the next level. And average against the run.

I'm projecting Dupree to be like Vernon Gloston but with a little better production.

Because I do know what I'm looking at. I projected Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald to be instant ballers in the league before Mayock and the other scouts knew who they were. I also projected Alford to be a guy that struggles to cover ppl without grabbing and holding receivers.

I'm projecting Ray as a situational pass rusher at the next level. And average against the run.

I'm projecting Dupree to be like Vernon Gloston but with a little better production.

I'm predicting you being laughed off this board when Dupree blows opposing offenses out of the water in 2016 and beyond. I'm laughing at your foolish posts right now!