Easiest Schedule

freebird587

Because every division team sucked monkey balls last year. Probably won't be the case this year. We better be ready.

Honestly..

Tampa will suck because.. Well... Tampa.

Panthers will be about the same as last year really. Slightly worse maybe.

NewvOrleans.. Ugh.. Hurts to say.. But it looks like they are going back to a run heavy team and they should be mich better. 8-8 at the worst.

Because we play the worst division last year (ours), and we fall in the sweet spot between getting to play the two teams worse than us in the division (Ain'ts and Bucs), but we're not the best team in the division so we won't be going up against the #1 team in other divisions from last year.

It would almost have to be us or the Ain'ts with the "easiest" schedule.

There is a yearly rotation of divisions on the schedule

The schedule is a fixed rotation by divisions

I do not know the actual cycle but basically for example

the NFC south teams will ALL play same schedule except 2 games

another NFC division --4 games

1 AFC division ----- 4 games

each other NFC South team 2X--- 6 games

then the 2 diffeent games go something like

Atl will play an NFC 3rd place team and an AFC 3rd place team---2 games

But Carl will play a 1st place NFC team and a 1st placed AFC team--2 games

You can't change the ROTATION of the teams

The ease of schedule is simply the luck of the rotation and is just the accumulated win lose records from last year of all the SCHEDULED teams

and ease is misleading ie ATl is easier than TAMPA because atl plays Tampa (1 win)

Tampa plays ATL (4wins) thus harder schedule

Panthers will be about the same as last year really. Slightly worse maybe.

Don't see that happening. They were the first ever to take back to back NFCS titles last year. Also 4-1 against us in the last five games, with our lone win coming on a missed FG, after we were up 16-3 in the fourth quarter. We faced em in a win or go home game four months ago in the Dome and got our ases handed to us 34-3. They could add a couple DBs and offensive pieces and take it up a notch. Just pray they don't get Girlie. Would be Uglie. Trust mie.

Call me crazy but I'm hoping it's not too much of a cakewalk.

And I don't think the division will be as bad as last year. A seven win team winning a division isn't ordinary. The NFC South be better next season.

Why would you not want an easy schedule? Never heard anything like this before

So close...

the NFC south teams will ALL play same schedule except 2 games

another NFC division --4 games

1 AFC division ----- 4 games

each other NFC South team 2X--- 6 games

then the 2 diffeent games go something like

Atl will play an NFC 3rd place team and an AFC 3rd place team---2 games

But Carl will play a 1st place NFC team and a 1st placed AFC team--2 games

The 2 games that differ between the teams are actually the 2 remaining teams with the same division rank from your own conference.

Let's look at the 2014 schedule.

Obviously, we play the NFC South every year (2 games each). We also play one full AFC division (North) and one full NFC division (North). Finally, we play the two remaining teams that finished the same place as us in their own division the previous year (NYG and ARI).

Don't wanna hear no BS if we have a losing season.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, it's Quinn and co's first year. I don't expect it, but that's far from out of the ordinary. Patriots were 9-7 and 8-8 the years before Belichick and he was 5-11 his first year there.

Not saying that's Quinn at all, but if Quinn even takes a few solid steps in the right direction I say he has 2-3 years before serious scrutiny. Short of a massive fckup.

Why would you not want an easy schedule? Never heard anything like this before

Because a soft schedule can hurt a team just as much as it can help. The 2012 season rings a bell. We really weren't that good but were able to take advantage of the cupcake schedule that year. Had a lot of people fooled about how good the team actual was. It also had people believing the 2013 season was a "blip" and wasn't a sign of things to come.

Games against better talent will show where this team needs improvement. If we're about building a complete team that can realistically beat the Seahawks and the Packers, I don't know how anyone wouldn't want that. Those teams aren't going anywhere.

So close...

The 2 games that differ between the teams are actually the 2 remaining teams with the same division rank from your own conference.

Let's look at the 2014 schedule.

Obviously, we play the NFC South every year (2 games each). We also play one full AFC division (North) and one full NFC division (North). Finally, we play the two remaining teams that finished the same place as us in their own division the previous year (NYG and ARI).

Point is ---it rotates--next year it will be different NFC/AFC divisions and different divisions for the 2 odd games

THUS this issue of "easy" schedule is totally misleading--- no-one has control over who gets an "easy schedule" since the rotation is fixed and cyclic.

your schedule is what it is ---easy or hard just depends on how the teams finished last year

Point is ---it rotates--next year it will be different NFC/AFC divisions and different divisions for the 2 odd games

THUS this issue of "easy" schedule is totally misleading--- no-one has control over who gets an "easy schedule" since the rotation is fixed and cyclic.

your schedule is what it is ---easy or hard just depends on how the teams finished last year

Exactly. And, last year's performance is never an indicator of this year's potential for success.

There are always teams who were terrible the year before who will be much better. There are also always teams who were playoff calibre the year before but will fall off big time.

Trying to gauge strength of schedule BEFORE the season is almost as pointless as mock drafts & power rankings.

There are always teams who were terrible the year before who will be much better. There are also always teams who were playoff calibre the year before but will fall off big time.

Trying to gauge strength of schedule BEFORE the season is almost as pointless as mock drafts & power rankings.

that's what I think too,but when we play the other teams matters as well.if we have 3 Win in a row,that builds momentum...I guess other teams see us as a winnable game come to think of it...lol