This Paul Mccartney Guy......

Flip Wilson

I posted some of these tweets in the Best thing on the internet thread when they came out.

Little did I know that my 15 year old son was among them.

Today as we were getting ready my wife was watching HLN and apparently Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr got together for some duets over the weekend. Robin Meede was talking about their solo careers and my wife said "What kind of solo career did he have (meaning Ringo). At that time my son walked into the room and said "Oh who....the white guy playing the guitar....he's popular because he did a song with Kanye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2896408/This-Paul-McCartney-guy-gonna-huge-Kanye-West-fans-funny-joke-One-collaboration.html

Yeah....I'll show him some classic Beatles tunes as well as some Wings tunes and then show him Say,Say,Say and Ebony and Ivory to show him that he's done duets with much more notable black artist than Kanye.

Calling Kanye an "artist" is like calling a child building with lego's an "engineer".

To be honest I can't stand most of McCartney's stuff after the Beatles. Lennon/McCartney songwriting was genius. McCartney songwriting, not so much.

Favorite Beatles album?

I think I might actually go with "HELP!" as my favorite. I have yet to hear a Beatles album I couldn't sit through.

The White Album was genius.

Their latest released album (2006 - "Love") I could listen to over and over:

Love-Album.jpg?itok=nx-5dJAK

Love is a 2006 theatrical production by Cirque du Soleil which combines the re-produced and re-imagined music of the Beatleswith an interpretive, circus-based artistic and athletic stage performance. The show plays at a specially built theatre at The Miragein Las Vegas.

A joint venture between Cirque and the Beatles' Apple Corps Ltd, it is the first theatrical production that Apple Corps Ltd. has partnered in. Love is written and directed by Dominic Champagne. Music directors are Sir George Martin, producer of nearly all of the Beatles' records, and his son, record producer Giles Martin. A soundtrack album of the show was released in November 2006.

The first time I heard this album, my buddy had just bought it and started playing it in his car while we were on our way to see a local band. The drive took about 15 minutes, but we just couldn't turn it off until it was done. We sat in the car in the parking lot for the duration of the album. It's very well done.

I posted some of these tweets in the Best thing on the internet thread when they came out.

Little did I know that my 15 year old son was among them.

Today as we were getting ready my wife was watching HLN and apparently Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr got together for some duets over the weekend. Robin Meede was talking about their solo careers and my wife said "What kind of solo career did he have (meaning Ringo). At that time my son walked into the room and said "Oh who....the white guy playing the guitar....he's popular because he did a song with Kanye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2896408/This-Paul-McCartney-guy-gonna-huge-Kanye-West-fans-funny-joke-One-collaboration.html

Did you smack him in the back of the head and make cut grass, take out the trash and chop a mountain of fire wood????

If not you should have!

I was hanging out with my dad and brother a few weeks ago and me and my dad were making fun of this exact same subject, and my brother goes, "Well who is Paul McCartney?" I just laughed and my dad was classically like "This is why you shouldn't have grown up listening to that rap ****, I don't even know where you got that from." :lol: