Gene Sapakoff Says Josh Hamilton To Braves In A Trade Makes Sense

Guest Homer the Brave

That would be beyond dumb for the Braves. I don't know who the author is but doesn't he know the Braves had to trade away the best closer in baseball to get rid of their last albatross contract. Why would we want to take another? Maybe it makes sense for Josh Hamilton but I don't think it makes any sense for the Braves. Unless the Braves pretty much have to give up nothing from the farm system and the Angels pay 99% of his contract and even then I really don't want the headache.

Guest Homer the Brave

That would be beyond dumb for the Braves. I don't know who the author is but doesn't he know the Braves had to trade away the best closer in baseball to get rid of their last albatross contract. Why would we want to take another? Maybe it makes sense for Josh Hamilton but I don't think it makes any sense for the Braves. Unless the Braves pretty much have to give up nothing from the farm system and the Angels pay 99% of his contract and even then I really don't want the headache.

He did say the Angels would have to pick up the contract. When he is right, he is a great asset on the field and in the clubhouse. But he has to be babysat 24/7. A big headache.

Guest Homer the Brave

That's one power hitting outfielder.

Power hitting = Upton and Gattis (29 and 22 respectfully)

Outfielder = Heyward ( a measly 11 HR)

Power hitting outfielder = Upton

Guest Homer the Brave

Upton is a power hitting OF. Gattis hits for power but was put in the OF just to get him in the lineup. Heyward is a power hitter if your definition of "power hitter," is very loose.

Maybe he's like me and thinks that someone of Heyward's size and stature SHOULD be a power hitter.

Guest Homer the Brave

Cool. Does one home run make him a power hitter now?

Nonsense? Claiming that Heyward has not shown any signs of being a power hitter?

Guest Homer the Brave

Heyward by the way is hitting .213 with 1 HR right now if anyone was wondering. His OBP is .240

But he is a gold glover...

His career average works out to about 21 homers a year for 620 at bats, and that's for a player in his early 20s for the years in question. For comparison, Harper is currently at 23.8 homers per year under the same criteria. This is a strange nitpick.

His career average works out to about 21 homers a year for 620 at bats, and that's for a player in his early 20s for the years in question. For comparison, Harper is currently at 23.8 homers per year under the same criteria. This is a strange nitpick.

You can focus on his potential. I'll focus on his actual numbers.