Timeshares

ya_boi_j

Last year when we went to Orlando, I had no idea the resort we stayed at was a timeshare resort. Probably should have known seeing how cheap it was. When we arrived they pretty much forced us to attend the timeshare although we had no knowledge of it.

My question to you guys is do you have to agree to a timeshare presentation even if you have no clue about it. I'm asking because I'm looking for a place this year and that came to my mind all of a sudden. Thanks in advance

Well....If you are just a normal paying customer you don't have to listen to anything.......BUT.......if you have agreed to one of their special 3 day 4 night discount vacations that is the stipulation but you certainly are not obligated to purchase anything.

I have went to a couple and said that I would never do it again but I have a friend that visited several on one trip and paid for an entire Disney vacation.

Last year when we went to Orlando, I had no idea the resort we stayed at was a timeshare resort. Probably should have known seeing how cheap it was. When we arrived they pretty much forced us to attend the timeshare although we had no knowledge of it.

My question to you guys is do you have to agree to a timeshare presentation even if you have no clue about it. I'm asking because I'm looking for a place this year and that came to my mind all of a sudden. Thanks in advance

Junior, in other words, you want to go to Orlando again but you are going to do it via a timeshare presentation, am I correct in this assessment? If so, what timeshare did you visit last year? The reason why I ask is because I know of two down there, Westgate and Fairfield. HeII, if you went to one last year, call up one and make arrangements, get there, spend 90 minutes out of your day listening to them, but tell them thank you and NO, NO, NO! I know too many people that have gone to Florida for vacation and ended up purchasing a timeshare because they didn't know how to say NO!!!

Well....If you are just a normal paying customer you don't have to listen to anything.......BUT.......if you have agreed to one of their special 3 day 4 night discount vacations that is the stipulation but you certainly are not obligated to purchase anything.

I have went to a couple and said that I would never do it again but I have a friend that visited several on one trip and paid for an entire Disney vacation.

that's the thing, we have no clue what's timeshare and what's not. Bookit and hotels. Com don't let you know unless I'm missing something

Junior, in other words, you want to go to Orlando again but you are going to do it via a timeshare presentation, am I correct in this assessment? If so, what timeshare did you visit last year? The reason why I ask is because I know of two down there, Westgate and Fairfield. HeII, if you went to one last year, call up one and make arrangements, get there, spend 90 minutes out of your day listening to them, but tell them thank you and NO, NO, NO! I know too many people that have gone to Florida for vacation and ended up purchasing a timeshare because they didn't know how to say NO!!!

believe me, your son knows the meaning of no lol. I had to tell 4 different people no last year before finally pissing them off.

As for the trip, I can't really tell what's timeshare and what's not, I'm just almost certain I'm gonna find a nice spot, get there and they tell me it's a timeshare. I just simply want to decline and not attend but I'm wondering if there is some type of action they can take even though I don't know about it.

I didn't want to attend last year but it was pretty much forced upon us and the free $150 gift card sold it as well lol. No way in **** I can afford extra money for a time share lol.

believe me, your son knows the meaning of no lol. I had to tell 4 different people no last year before finally pissing them off.

As for the trip, I can't really tell what's timeshare and what's not, I'm just almost certain I'm gonna find a nice spot, get there and they tell me it's a timeshare. I just simply want to decline and not attend but I'm wondering if there is some type of action they can take even though I don't know about it.

I didn't want to attend last year but it was pretty much forced upon us and the free $150 gift card sold it as well lol. No way in **** I can afford extra money for a time share lol.

Try the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort, it's not a time share, but it's on Disney property and really nice. They can get pricey, but if you keep checking them you may be able to catch a good rate.

View from our room

IMG00015-20100315-1254_zpshhrlv5ju.jpg

Try the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort, it's not a time share, but it's on Disney property and really nice. They can get pricey, but if you keep checking them you may be able to catch a good rate.

View from our room

IMG00015-20100315-1254_zpshhrlv5ju.jpg

I think I saw that one about 5 minutes ago when I was browsing.

that's the thing, we have no clue what's timeshare and what's not. Bookit and hotels. Com don't let you know unless I'm missing something

I have no experience with either of those so I don't know what they can and can not obligate you to but it certainly looks like they would have to disclose it. I guess you better read the fine print.laugh.png

I have no experience with either of those so I don't know what they can and can not obligate you to but it certainly looks like they would have to disclose it. I guess you better read the fine print.laugh.png

ikr. I print out everything whenever we go places and I know I saw nothing about it. As I'm conversing with yall I see some houses that I like lol. I know ain't no timeshare involved with those :lol:

Oh ok, also try the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, it's across the Street from the Hilton i mentioned earlier. They are slightly cheaper, but just as nice.

cool gonna check those out as well.

Yall may think a ninja is just a cheapskate but I learned from my last trip to Panama city that paying big bucks doesn't guarantee happiness. Paid $1300 for the worst condo ever lol

Have you explored renting a vacation home instead?

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/

You can also rent DVC points here:

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

It's probably too late for a holiday weekend, though.

The other thing to consider is staying at Dolphin and Swan, which is onsite but owned by Sheraton rather than Disney. So, their prices are cheaper.

Personally, I wouldn't waste any of my vacation listening to a time share I'm not interested in buying.

Call up Westgate and tell them you want to tour one of their properties! Let them put you and the fam up for a few days, listen to 90 minutes of pure tag team BS, tell them NO, and get some high priced Disney or Universal tickets and BOUNCE!!!

Anyway, my son..............................stay "scrong" when you go in! laugh.png

Is vrbo legit

absolutely. Just read the reviews on the exact property you are staying. Ones handled by a management company have had much better service in our experience. We've sme VRBO countless times. Condos and houses at the beach, mostly. We've done VRBO in St Maarten and had a blast.