Big Brother Is Watching

Just got a ticket in the mail for not coming to a complete stop at a red light - at which I was making a right turn. I watched the video link they sent me and I can see that I just paused rather than come to a complete stop. The oncoming traffic in both directions had red lights.

This is #ucking ridiculous. I think people like me help the flow of traffic!

It's the over cautious #holes that slow down our commute!

Just like when we get some snow and everyone drives 10 MPH.

I obviously have to pay the fine, but as a warning to everyone - FOLLOW TRAFFIC LAWS TO THE T!!!

I accept my punishment as I broke the law, but I certainly don't agree with it...

The good thing is a camera red light infraction is that it does not affect your license at all (no points and it doesn't show up on your abstract).

Just have to pay the $50 fine. Certainly a wake up call. I can see how some people would think it is a money making ploy, but I also can see how my mistake (not coming to a complete stop at a red light before making a right hand turn) has the potential for a much worse situation (accident; etc). Definitely makes you assess yourself and your driving. I think that is the point. It's cheaper to have a camera there than pay higher taxes for a patrol car to sit there all day handing out tickets...

Good learning experience before something much worse happens.

In Ohio we recently passed 'Slone's Law' making it illegal for those automated speed traps/ red light cameras to site you unless it is manually operated by a police officer.

It's a cash grab, nothing more.

You don't see the value in the investment? I believe I am a cautious and good driver, however I do disobey traffic laws that are in place for a reason. This was a wake up call for me. Laws are laws. I broke one last week and now have to pay a $50 fine.