Favorite Bass Lines?

I am a huge fan of the bass, hence my infatuation with Funk, particularly Funkadelic. However, I will leave them out of my list for the moment (not easy for me lol).

I really think Roundabout by YES has an outstanding bass line. I used to hear the song all the time when I was a kid, then I bought the remastered CD after I bought my first big rack stereo system when I was about 20 yrs old and I would blast that song.

I am a pretty big fan of Les Claypool as well - "American Life" is great.

And getting back to Parliament and still even today, I think the best bass player ever is Bootsy Collins...

William Earl "Bootsy" Collins (born October 26, 1951) is an American musician and singer-songwriter.

Rising to prominence with James Brown in the early 1970s, and later with Parliament-Funkadelic, Collins's driving bass guitar and humorous vocals established him as one of the leading names in funk.[1] Collins is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted in 1997 with fifteen other members of Parliament-Funkadelic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootsy_Collins