Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

Simply not true.

Yeah, you're right, was going by what someone else had said, still hardly changes the point-had major injuries the last 2 years. He may start the season on the PUP list. I'm passing on him at 8. Trade back from 8, if he drops to 42, great, would even consider trading up for him if he gets to the end of the first round. But not at 8.

Todd Gurley did not have 2 major injuries. He played 25 games his first two years of college. He missed some games with a suspension in 2014 and then tore his ACL, ending his season. Yes, the dreaded ACL tear in 2014!

A reminder to you and the rest of the crew, a shiny hood ornament is a WR. Not a RB:

*posts asinine article from random blogger*

It was on the internet, so it must be true.

No wonder you're so confused. You thought a blog post with the word "Man Law" in the title should be taken as serious analysis.

I'm curious. How does a shiny hood ornament manage to win the Super Bowl MVP award three times in the last ten years? How does a RB fail to win one in nearly twice that span?

While you're at it, go ahead and explain to me how an offense featuring the greatest RB of this generation running behind McKinnie and Hutchinson the majority of the time has managed to finish at an average rank of 15th in scoring and 16th in total yardage during that time, with only one top 10 finish in either category during those seven seasons, not to mention just, wait for it... one playoff win?

Sorry, but according to the very criteria set forth in that all-style-no-substance blog post you have adopted as your personal football bible, RBs are just as much shiny hood ornaments as WRs.

It keeps him on the bench.

I'm not saying Gurlie isn't a great player...but the Vikings are a perfect example, of what a one player superstar RB actually contributes to wins.

Todd Gurley did not have 2 major injuries. He played 25 games his first two years of college. He missed some games with a suspension in 2014 and then tore his ACL, ending his season. Yes, the dreaded ACL tear in 2014!

From the Ga Bulldog website bio of Gurley:

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/todd_gurley_793117.html

2014: ...suffered a season-ending ACL injury in the fourth quarter ...

2013: ... Missed the Tennessee, Missouri and Vanderbilt games with an ankle injury he sustained against LSU ...

I'm not saying Gurlie isn't a great player...but the Vikings are a perfect example, of what a one player superstar RB actually contributes to wins.

You're not making a good point here. He was their offense.

Yeah, and those games may very well be games10,11 & 12 coming off the PUP list.

After all the b#tching you've done about TD drafting injured players, you want him to take a guy coming off an injury, who never played a complete season in college due to injuries and stands a good chance of starting the season on the PUP list.

I btch more about Dimi taking sorry as players than injury prone players. The only player I remember him taking with an injury history coming out of college was Julio. I didn't btch about his injury history. I btched about the five pick ransom. Gurley had his "minor" ACL injury last November. He will have nine months of rehab under his belt before the season starts. Most players are back to full strength by then. Hail he's already running, jumping and backpedaling more than four months before the season starts.

Yeah, you're right, was going by what someone else had said, still hardly changes the point-had major injuries the last 2 years. He may start the season on the PUP list. I'm passing on him at 8. Trade back from 8, if he drops to 42, great, would even consider trading up for him if he gets to the end of the first round. But not at 8.

He had a minor ACL tear and the ankle injury the year before was not as serious as you're making it sound.

Wait, hold up, so now you're saying you would trade up into the first to draft him? WTF? So you'd spend picks to move up for an injury prone player that will start the season on the PUP list? LMAO.

Grimes had a knee injury the year before son. You need to stick with the CFL cause you don't know jacksht about the NFL.

It was a meniscus injury. Not his ACL.

But great nationality joke. Definitely cuts deep. Poor Canada!

No offense, but this is pretty ridiculous. Let me demonstrate. I have compiled a comprehensive list of all the teams over the last 20 years that selected a DE with a top 10 draft pick and then went on to win a Super Bowl with that DE as their starter.

St Louis Rams, Kevin Carter (6th overall), 1995 draft. Once, exactly 20 years ago...

Why limit the list to just 4-3 DEs? Make a list of all the pass rushers - 4-3 DEs, 3-4 LBs, gap shooting DTs - that have been drafted in the first round that went on to win a Super Bowl as a starter on the team that drafted them.

While you're at it, go ahead and add those teams who invested big free agent money in a premier defensive lineman - Packers with Reggie White and Broncos with Neil Smith come immediately to mind - and then see how long your list gets. Make sure you also include free agent D linemen resigned to big money by their original teams.

I'd be willing to bet the farm your list would have more than just three entries. A ton more.

I btch more about Dimi taking sorry as players than injury prone players.

You btch about TD keeping "Crisp" Houston on the roster, incessantly offering to drive him out to the state line. You btch about TD not keeping Chris Houston after he has a little success on another team (after deleting the original btching thread, of course.)

Basically, you just btch.

When is the last time a 5'8", 208 lb running back lead a team to the Super Bowl?

You can play all you want on the defensive side, no guarantees any of the possible choices will make make one spit of difference in 2015 and 2016 if ever. Have seen the Falcons draft Tony Casillias and Aundray Bruce in a 3 year span, both were higher rated than any of these guys the Falcons may get in 2015, and they both crapped out, same could be said about Jamal and Jerry with were drafted in position where you would expect them to be still playing for you . You have to try and get impact value this year it seems to be more on the offensive side. And there is good value defensively later.

I've have seen how good this offense can be with a running game and a tight end, The offense will need a little more juice on it's side to,especially with Roddy getting older.

All I'm saying is this gotta get an edge rusher at 8 no matter what is just as as ridiculous, hopefully Beasley is there or Fowler drops then you roll the dice, but otherwise they had at least look at the rest of the board and see who could seriously help them win in 2015 and 2016.

Ever heard of ray rice?

He had a minor ACL tear and the ankle injury the year before was not as serious as you're making it sound.

Wait, hold up, so now you're saying you would trade up into the first to draft him? WTF? So you'd spend picks to move up for an injury prone player that will start the season on the PUP list? LMAO.

Christ you have a hard time understanding pick value.

That's bush it. The drop off from Gregory/Dupree to Harold, Orchard, Diggy, Hunter, Smith, Kika and Mauldin is nowhere near as steep as the drop off from Gurley to Abdullah.

Christ

No offense, but this is pretty ridiculous. Let me demonstrate. I have compiled a comprehensive list of all the teams over the last 20 years that selected a DE with a top 10 draft pick and then went on to win a Super Bowl with that DE as their starter.

St Louis Rams, Kevin Carter (6th overall), 1995 draft. Once, exactly 20 years ago...

Simeon Rice won a SB with the Bucs in 2002. He was drafted 3rd overall in 1996

Terrell Suggs was a DE during his time at Arizona State, picked 10th overall in 2003. Suggs has played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

Ever heard of ray rice?

Rice, Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith... all are/were about the same build as Freeman.

There was also this guy named Barry Sanders who played even shorter and lighter than Freeman. Didn't lead his team to a Super Bowl, but I hear he was pretty good.

Terrell Suggs was a DE during his time at Arizona State, picked 10th overall in 2003. Suggs has played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

Wasn't Dwight Freeney a top 10 pick as well? Could be wrong, but I think he was.

No wonder you're so confused. You thought a blog post with the word "Man Law" in the title should be taken as serious analysis.

I'm curious. How does a shiny hood ornament manage to win the Super Bowl MVP award three times in the last ten years? How does a RB fail to win one in nearly twice that span?

While you're at it, go ahead and explain to me how an offense featuring the greatest RB of this generation running behind McKinnie and Hutchinson the majority of the time has managed to finish at an average rank of 15th in scoring and 16th in total yardage during that time, with only one top 10 finish in either category during those seven seasons, not to mention just, wait for it... one playoff win?

Sorry, but according to the very criteria set forth in that all-style-no-substance blog post you have adopted as your personal football bible, RBs are just as much shiny hood ornaments as WRs.

No, no, no son, you're still confused. First you thought a shiny hood ornament was a RB. Now you think Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Deion Branch were shiny hood ornaments. A shiny hood ornament would be someone like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham or Dez Bryant. How many of them were Super Bowl MVPs? Nary a one. None of them have even played in a Super Bowl.

Adrian Peterson played on suck as offenses because he never had a QB. The one year he had a decent QB they were second in offense and lost the NFCCG to a bunch of bounty hunters. Now before you leave why don't you post up that thread where you said Dimi was dumb as hail for blowing five picks on Julio Jones and should have taken DeMarco Murray, a RB with a long college injury history. By the way Murray ended up playing in more games, racking up more yards and scoring more TDs than Julio. BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I realize that what is a horrible risk with the 8th pick is an acceptable one with the 24th pick

Does Willie McGinest make the list? He played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB as well, but was drafted in 1994.

Does the player have to be drafted after 1996, or can they be a top 10 pick that won the SB after 1996?

No, no, no son, you're still confused. First you thought a shiny hood ornament was a RB. Now you think Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Deion Branch were shiny hood ornaments. A shiny hood ornament would be someone like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham or Dez Bryant. How many of them were Super Bowl MVPs? Nary a one. None of them have even played in a Super Bowl.

Adrian Peterson played on suck as offenses because he never had a QB. The one year he had a decent QB they were second in offense and lost the NFCCG to a bunch of bounty hunters. Now before you leave why don't you post up that thread where you said Dimi was dumb as hail for blowing five picks on Julio Jones and should have taken DeMarco Murray, a RB with a long college injury history. By the way Murray ended up playing in more games, racking up more yards and scoring more TDs than Julio. BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

You're ignorant, and are comedy relief. All these guys are new players except Megatron (who BTW has the same A.P excuse). I'm pretty sure the stupidest person on the planet wouldn't trade Julio for murray, anti JJ hate is old.

BTW Peterson had only one of the all time greats playing QB, and only lost the saints game single handidly. Matter of fact Marshawn lynch is the only elite rb with a lombardi. Turner, priest holmes, Larry Johnson, A.P, L.T, Alexander, Foster, CJ2k, Leveon bell, and Eddie lacy all don't have rings.

Thanks for playing.