Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

Running the ball IS defense. Find a team with a good defense and they're probably also good at running the ball. The Falcons have not been good at running the last 2 years.

How do you suggest running the ball when the defense can't get it back? How often are we going to be able to run it when the defense gives up 30 a game? A good running game REQUIRES a good defense. If you're down 14-21 points you can't just continue to run the ball.

This horse is dead and gone. Dam how in the world can y'all argue this for this long. Lol

It will continue well past the draft. There's going to be an awful lot of sore fannys when Gurley is drafted by another team.

It will continue well past the draft. There's going to be an awful lot of sore fannys when Gurley is drafted by another team.

I know. It's just funny that the same ole suspects are arguing the same positions, day in, day out.

All I got to say is.....

Pick Beastley!!!!!!

Lions : 2nd in defense, 28th in rushing

Bills : 4th in defense, 25th in rushing

There are some teams with good defenses that have good run games, but not all.

I never said all. The Bills clearly felt a good RB was a need. Good chance the Lions draft a RB early

One player comes back strong from an ACL tear and all of a sudden it's not a serious injury.

******* dummies up in this thread.

One? That's even less true than your comment about Gurley never finishing a season.

How do you suggest running the ball when the defense can't get it back? How often are we going to be able to run it when the defense gives up 30 a game? A good running game REQUIRES a good defense. If you're down 14-21 points you can't just continue to run the ball.

Drafting Gurley doesn't prevent the defense from getting better.

I never said all. The Bills clearly felt a good RB was a need. Good chance the Lions draft a RB early

You said "Find a team with a good defense and they're probably also good at running the ball."

I named some teams with good defenses that lack a run game, you don't need a top run game to have a top defense.

There's different ways to skin a cat. A good running game certainly doesn't hurt a defense. It also doesn't hurt a team's chances of keeping it's franchise QB and pass catchers healthy.

They also ignore the number 10 as in the top 10 offense we fielded last year despite an injury riddled OL and lack luster running game. But yeah let's draft a running back smdh

Thats a very deceiving number. Saints and Tampa inflate the offensive numbers. When they played playoff calibers teams...or avg teams really, they struggled most of the time.

RB: David Cobb (meeting) , Todd Gurley (proday) , Jay Ajayi (met) , Mike Davis (workout/visit) , Ameer Abdullah (met) , Duke Johnson (workout), Kenny Hilliard (Shrine) , Zach Zenner (Shrine) , Corey Grant (proday) , Terrell Watson (workout) , Synjyn Days (proday)

At least doing our homework. Some really nice players on that list.

David Cobb in the 4th please

Somehow I'm only just realizing there are maybe 5 or 6 active posters on these boards that actually want Gurley at 8. I feel better now.

Enjoy your thread folks. :)

It's wanting Gurley at 8 if X, Y and Z are gone.

How can the Gurley lovers ignore the number 32. That was our defensive ranking last season. DEAD LAST! Then some of the same people that grumbled about the FA signings now seem to think we'll be okay on defense? They also ignore the number 10 as in the top 10 offense we fielded last year despite an injury riddled OL and lack luster running game. But yeah let's draft a running back smdh

How can you ignore the free agents we signed, second year player development, new scheme, seven other draft picks we'd have and $18.4M cap dollars still remaining?

Yep there will be plenty butt hurt clowns on TATF when they see Gurley run over our new edge rusher twice a year with a Pantie uniform on.

The Panthers may need a OT more than a RB.

Which OT? What offensive tackle are you going to take over Todd Gurley at pick twenty whatever? The Panthers can't send a card to the podium that says "an OT".

He'll have that in two or three games.

Yeah, and those games may very well be games10,11 & 12 coming off the PUP list.

After all the b#tching you've done about TD drafting injured players, you want him to take a guy coming off an injury, who never played a complete season in college due to injuries and stands a good chance of starting the season on the PUP list.

Which OT? What offensive tackle are you going to take over Todd Gurley at pick twenty whatever? The Panthers can't send a card to the podium that says "an OT".

They need a LT for sure.

Their RT position is suspect also with Michael Oher and Jonathan Martin as their best OTs on the team.

I have a few thoughts and opinions that relate to this topic.

First, I don't think the running back position is de-valued as it

pertains to playing winning football. Second, RB's are not a

dime a dozen and you can just plug some guy in and not even

tell the difference. That has been claimed about a Shanahan

offense. I think there is still a benefit in having a top notch RB.

It is not a waste of money or a draft pick to get the guy you want.

However, TD has not demonstrated any interest at all in UGA players so I

think it is a pipe dream to think we will select Gurley even if he fell

to us in the second round. Avoiding local/regional talent has never made any

sense to me but it seems to be part of the process.