Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

and then you pointed out that because of that it means we could get one in the second. You do realize the best back in the league was drafted in the first right?

Shady McCoy, Le'Veon Bell, Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Eddy Lacy, Matt Forte, Frank Gore, DeMarco Murray, and Jeremy Hill are some of the most notable RBs that were drafted in the 2nd-3rd rounds in recent years.

That is very nice quality.

It has nothing to do with picking more than one player from a position pool lmao. It's about optimizing pick value.

Beasley/Ray/Fowler/Gregory + Tevin Coleman/Abdullah/Johnson > Gurley + 2nd round edge prospects

Beasley and Fowler will be gone. Ray or Gregory may be too. Take them out of your equation and it becomes a crock of canucky bush it.

The #1RB and #7ER would help us more than the #4ER and #4RB and even you know that. Search your feelings, you know it to be true son.

No, it wouldn't. First of all more than 7 edge rushers will be taken before the Falcons' second pick. Second, the drop off from first round edge rushers to second round edge rushers is infinitely greater than 1st to 4th RB.

That's true but you nor anyone else on this board will convince me that Ray, Gregory or Dupree will help our team more than Gurley.

We both know Dimi will screw this up again, so we will just have to watch and see if Gurley has a better career than our eighth pick.

No one on this board can convince you of anything.

And,

No, "WE" don't know that. I'm really hopeful with Quinn & TD working together.

Shady McCoy, Le'Veon Bell, Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Eddy Lacy, Matt Forte, Frank Gore, DeMarco Murray, and Jeremy Hill are some of the most notable RBs that were drafted in the 2nd-3rd rounds in recent years.

That is very nice quality.

With CJ Anderson and Arian Foster being undrafted and Alfred Morris being a 5th round pick.

best back in the league is AP who was drafted in the first. Before him most would have said LT was the best back. Also drafted in the first. The list goes on and on. Yes you can get a quality back later but more times than not the big dogs go in the first

That's just not true, the 1st round backs that succeed are exceptions to the rule. Do I need to bring out my list of the top 15 backs last year again?

What I think is hilarious is literally no other fanbase seems to want Gurley in the top 10...even the top 15. Homerism. All this is.

I doubt if any other team in the league has an RB unit with three backs who have ZERO yards rushing, one with 248 and the other with 145. Not one.

best back in the league is AP who was drafted in the first. Before him most would have said LT was the best back. Also drafted in the first. The list goes on and on. Yes you can get a quality back later but more times than not the big dogs go in the first

Most of the RBs that have been drafted in the 1st in the past decade has not been top dogs.

I really like AP, he will go down as one of the best RBs of all-time.

I would be okay with the McCoys, Charles, Lacys and Bells of the world.

yes let's base the history of football on last season alone. Makes complete sense. More to.es than not the very best was drafted in the first.

You're acting as if top 10 RBs never bust and as if Gurley is guaranteed to be the next AP, rather than the next McFadden.

No, it wouldn't. First of all more than 7 edge rushers will be taken before the Falcons' second pick. Second, the drop off from first round edge rushers to second round edge rushers is infinitely greater than 1st to 4th RB.

That's bush it. The drop off from Gregory/Dupree to Harold, Orchard, Diggy, Hunter, Smith, Kika and Mauldin is nowhere near as steep as the drop off from Gurley to Abdullah.

How can the Gurley lovers ignore the number 32. That was our defensive ranking last season. DEAD LAST! Then some of the same people that grumbled about the FA signings now seem to think we'll be okay on defense? They also ignore the number 10 as in the top 10 offense we fielded last year despite an injury riddled OL and lack luster running game. But yeah let's draft a running back smdh

Running the ball IS defense. Find a team with a good defense and they're probably also good at running the ball. The Falcons have not been good at running the last 2 years.

Running the ball IS defense. Find a team with a good defense and they're probably also good at running the ball. The Falcons have not been good at running the last 2 years.

but running the ball doesn t get to the qb.

Lions : 2nd in defense, 28th in rushing

Bills : 4th in defense, 25th in rushing

There are some teams with good defenses that have good run games, but not all.

I think we should all come to an agreement. Some folks like to keep pointing to the torn ACL. If that scares you off, fine, but those of us who live in 2015 aren't that worried about it. No matter how much you repeat and exaggerate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKU88lvCm3E

OMG devastating injury! Marcus Lattitude 2.0!

One player comes back strong from an ACL tear and all of a sudden it's not a serious injury.

******* dummies up in this thread.