Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

What I think is hilarious is literally no other fanbase seems to want Gurley in the top 10...even the top 15. Homerism. All this is.

LOL what do expect it's human nature to pull for a guy you watched since he was freshman.

But much like the saying "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't men people aren't following me" the same applies to "Just because I'm a homer sometimes doesn't mean Gurley isn't a viable option"

Will don't they need a pass rusher this year? I see reaching for another player in our future.

They needed a QB in that very same draft. Looks like they made a pretty good choice.

I'm just not sure why you're automatically assuming that whatever pass rusher that is available will be a reach?? Ray, Beasley and Gregory have been in top10 discussion for ALL teams. Not just the Falcons. If any of them were available it wouldn't be a reach.

That's not true. Dolphin fans for example are salivating at the thought of him being there.

There are zero threads on any of the major Dolphin forums with the sole topic being Gurley. I just checked. That is a lie. Wanting a player is different from the rabid homerism you see on these forums.

Meanwhile, Gurley threads here run rampant.

They needed a QB in that very same draft. Looks like they made a pretty good choice.

I'm just not sure why you're automatically assuming that whatever pass rusher that is available will be a reach?? Ray, Beasley and Gregory have been in top10 discussion for ALL teams. Not just the Falcons. If any of them were available it wouldn't be a reach.

I like Beasley, a lot (Even though he couldn't touch Gurley in their last 2 match ups). Every thing I hear is Gregory is off Falcons board. And yeah, I think Ray is a reach.

People are so keyed in on defense and rightfully so, but offensive was great either. Can't always beat up on Saints and Tampa. I'm cool with Scherff too. Just get BPA. Whatever they deem that is.

Look where top rated RB prospects have been drafted in the last 5 years.

That's not fair. Guys like Gurley, Luck, Rogers.... Come around every 5-10 years

There are zero threads on any of the major Dolphin forums with the sole topic being Gurley. I just checked. That is a lie. Wanting a player is different from the rabid homerism you see on these forums.

Meanwhile, Gurley threads here run rampant.

Not every fan waste time on a forum like us. 😝

I'm friends with many Dolphin fans in ATL. They all talk about getying Gurley. One of these guys the other day was showing me a Twitter feed from team best writer. It was about Gurley.....

That's not fair. Guys like Gurley, Luck, Rogers.... Come around every 5-10 years

Lolwut. Comparing a RB that hasn't finished a full college season to a franchise QB????

Also, Rodgers wasn't drafted in the top 10 lmfao

so the original question was to name a RB that was 5'8" 208 that helped a team to the superbowl. He names one so now its "but he was a 2nd round pick"

Ray Rice is a really good back who was a 2nd round pick just like many other top backs.

That's why it make s no sense to draft one at 8.

Lolwut. Comparing a RB that hasn't finished a full college season to a franchise QB????

Also, Rodgers wasn't drafted in the top 10 lmfao

Just comparing the talent, the athlete.

Yeah, he wasn't. He should have been. And when Green Bay drafted him, it didn't make sense to the fans at that time.

Look, drafting Gurley doesn't make Falcons worse. So I'm all for it. Call me stupid, uniformed, an idiot. Don't matter to me. I've watched the kid. Watched every game. He is special and fills a need for our team. His talent is comparable to Adrian Peterson. I'm all for that.

The #8 pick in the 2015 Draft will average around $4 million a year for a 4 to 5 year contract. That's not overpaying to the Falcons for a great RB.

what's the 42 pick's contract expectations? that would be even better. Wait, say what? we can get a high quality bruiser RB in an even LATER round, that would make the contract numbers all the better? wooooooDAWG, I say we do THAT instead. You reckon we might even find one who isn't recovering from knee surgery? why I bet there's a few.........

stopped reading right there.

It's true son.

He had 4.5 sacks, 6 hits and 17 hurries in his last eight games. That projects to 9.0 sacks, 12 hits and 34 hurries over a 16 game season. That's an as beatin pace. Go pull up the last Aint game. He was giving Brees the business. He was a free agent. Quinn took one look at him and said give me that mofo.

and then you pointed out that because of that it means we could get one in the second. You do realize the best back in the league was drafted in the first right?

How many 1st round RBs have gone on to become top RBs since AP has been drafted?

I would say only Lynch and CJ2K. The jury is still out on Ingram.

AP is a HOF quality RB that was dominant despite an awful team for most of his career.

I don't think Gurley is on that type of level.

Just comparing the talent, the athlete.

Yeah, he wasn't. He should have been. And when Green Bay drafted him, it didn't make sense to the fans at that time.

Look, drafting Gurley doesn't make Falcons worse. So I'm all for it. Call me stupid, uniformed, an idiot. Don't matter to me. I've watched the kid. Watched every game. He is special and fills a need for our team. His talent is comparable to Adrian Peterson. I'm all for that.

I wont call you any of those things. It's just not the correct pick for continued success and I am confident TD will look elsewhere and righttfully so.

This is because there are no good starting Leo prospects on our roster. If we didn't add another piece to our front seven this year, how many sacks do you believe out defense would get in 2015?

You know we need a pass rusher, you even said it was one of our biggest needs, you just don't want to "reach" for the 4th best. While the 4th best would be better than any pass rusher on our roster.

Quinn already said Biermann, Schofield, Maponga and Jacques are our Leos. I believe one or two of them will be better in 2015 than any edge rusher not named Fowler or Beasley. Both will be gone at eight.

It's true son.

He had 4.5 sacks, 6 hits and 17 hurries in his last eight games. That projects to 9.0 sacks, 12 hits and 34 hurries over a 16 game season. That's an as beatin pace. Go pull up the last Aint game. He was giving Brees the business. He was a free agent. Quinn took one look at him and said give me that mofo.

It doesn't work like that lmao.

Christ, you're bad at this.

It's also about positional scarcity. Anywhere from 5-10 pass rushers will go in the 1st round. There might be 2 RB's that go in the 1st.

Wait til the 2nd round to draft a RB and you'll get the 3rd-4th best RB.

Wait til the 2nd to draft a pass rusher and you're looking at the 10th to 15th best pass rusher.

Some of you just don't get it.

The #1RB and #7ER would help us more than the #4ER and #4RB and even you know that. Search your feelings, you know it to be true son.