Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

This draft is literally the deepest draft at RB in decades yet people want to blow their load on Gurley with our first pick.

Words cannot describe how dumb half this fan base is.

Dumb is not exploring all options, looking at all angles and just focusing on one narrow need i.e. we gotta have a pass rusher no matter what, no matter if they have potential issues and aren't that **** good enough to begin with. Missing other areas where you could also improve your team also.

Can see Dimitroff and Pioli sitting in their offices phones ringing, it's the Eagles they want to discuss a trade up. Dimi nope we are drafting an edge rusher at 8th no matter what.

Not mention this is exactly what a board is for to discuss options, **** have seen at least 6 or 7 other scenarios I would agree with that doesn't involve RB in the first 2 rounds. Some here act like the front office is going to be influenced by what is posted here. Who gives a chit what somebody else thinks or posts here, when I turn off my computer don't give this chit a second thought.

Here is the list of top 10 QB's that won a Super Bowl with the team that drafted them in the past 20 years.

Peyton Manning, Colts

Eli Manning, Giants

Uhh, yeah. That is all. Blake Bortles, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Michael Vick, Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Steve McNair, and Kerry Collins are all top 10 picks from the last 20 years at QB. 0 championships.

We are not one player away. If Falcons drafted JPP, Clay Matthews, or JJ Watt they wouldn't automatically be a Superbowl team. Keep posting stats about RBs taken in 1st round vs DE/LBer. It doesn't matter BC all those DE/LBers were surrounded by more talent then the Falcons have.

Its about talent infusion. And if the Falcons top 3 defensive targets arent there, I'm OK drafting one of the best players in NCAA.

It's also about positional scarcity. Anywhere from 5-10 pass rushers will go in the 1st round. There might be 2 RB's that go in the 1st.

Wait til the 2nd round to draft a RB and you'll get the 3rd-4th best RB.

Wait til the 2nd to draft a pass rusher and you're looking at the 10th to 15th best pass rusher.

Some of you just don't get it.

Terrell Suggs has a few.

Ok. So if we include OLB's, we are comparing 5 or 6 starting defensive positions over the past 20 years to 1 starting offensive position. There are 4 LBer's and 2 DE's in the 3-4 with 3 LBer's and 2 DE's in the 4-3. There is only 1 starting RB. There are 0 FB's drafted in the top 10, so it would be silly to count that as 2 starting positions.

That being said, open it up to any top 10 OLBers and DE's. This is the past 20 years for any player in the top 10 from any of those 4 starting defensive positions. Compared to 1 starting RB.

Terrell Suggs, Ravens, 10th overall (OLB)

AJ Hawk, Packers, 5th overall (OLB)

Peter Boulware, Ravens, 4th overall (OLB)

Kevin Carter, Rams, 6th overall (DE)

Why should I care how "deep" a Draft is supposed to be? The Falcons will only pick at most 2 players from any given position. I care about the players the Falcons will get, not how "deep" a position is supposed to be.

I don't even buy into the notion that people really know how "deep" a draft is. That's just something people say in an attempt to sound like they've got the Draft down to an exact science. It's just hot air. I can give you numerous examples of when the Falcons missed on a player at a position that was supposedly "deep".

It has nothing to do with picking more than one player from a position pool lmao. It's about optimizing pick value.

Beasley/Ray/Fowler/Gregory + Tevin Coleman/Abdullah/Johnson > Gurley + 2nd round edge prospects

Dumb is not exploring all options, looking at all angles and just focusing on one narrow need i.e. we gotta have a pass rusher no matter what, no matter if they have potential issues and aren't that **** good enough to begin with. Missing other areas where you could also improve your team also.

Can see Dimitroff and Pioli sitting in their offices phones ringing, it's the Eagles they want to discuss a trade up. Dimi nope we are drafting an edge rusher at 8th no matter what.

Not mention this is exactly what a board is for to discuss options, **** have seen at least 6 or 7 other scenarios I would agree with that doesn't involve RB in the first 2 rounds. Some here act like the front office is going to be influenced by what is posted here. Who gives a chit what somebody else thinks or posts here, when I turn off my computer don't give this chit a second thought.

Where did I say the Falcons shouldn't explore other options???? I want Scherff if Gregory, Ray and Vic are gone.

The only options the Falcons shouldn't explore at #8 are WR, HB and QB.

Where did I say the Falcons shouldn't explore other options???? I want Scherff if Gregory, Ray and Vic are gone.

I'm not sure where this pass rusher or bust junk came from on their side. It's like they literally have nothing else to argue so they just make stuff up. Most of us have repeatedly said BPA on either LINE.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Gurley on a message board! He's clearly not a topic of interest for anyone!

We need to spend more time talking about guards! Who's had time to break down film of Holly Aarpet from Mozart or whatever his name is? I have him ranked just ahead of Taken Lomlinson from Duke and Cujo Jujitsu from Alabama!

It's also about positional scarcity. Anywhere from 5-10 pass rushers will go in the 1st round. There might be 2 RB's that go in the 1st.

Wait til the 2nd to draft a pass rusher and you're looking at the 10th to 15th best pass rusher.

I get it dude. But do you get it's not a one year project?

I'm not sure where this pass rusher or bust junk came from on their side. It's like they literally have nothing else to argue so they just make stuff up. Most of us have repeatedly said BPA on either LINE.

I don't get it either. These UGA homers have me so confused. While I would hate for the Falcons to draft a WR, I would still rather have Kevin White than Gurley. I cannot swallow picking a RB in the top 10 when only 3 starting RBs in the NFL were even drafted in the first round (AP, Lynch and Ingram).

I don't know why people keep bringing up Gurley on a message board! He's clearly not a topic of interest for anyone!

We need to spend more time talking about guards! Who's had time to break down film of Holly Aarpet from Mozart or whatever his name is? I have him ranked just ahead of Taken Lomlinson from Duke and Cujo Jujitsu from Alabama!

Yawn. You're trying too hard.

This this same reason Falcons reached for Sam Baker?

Would be probably the safest and best value long term. Think this guy immediately starts for the next 10 years...

/http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-nfl-draft-brandon-scherff-iowa-offensive-line-guard/

What I think is hilarious is literally no other fanbase seems to want Gurley in the top 10...even the top 15. Homerism. All this is.

That's not true. Dolphin fans for example are salivating at the thought of him being there.

I don't get it either. These UGA homers have me so confused. While I would hate for the Falcons to draft a WR, I would still rather have Kevin White than Gurley. I cannot swallow picking a RB in the top 10 when only 3 starting RBs in the NFL were even drafted in the first round (AP, Lynch and Ingram).

I can talk about Gurley but not locked into it either, as long as we are talking about BPA I'm listening. LOL Honestly think there is so much information out there it's difficult to get a read on a guy unless you watch tape, not just highlights, but tape. Haven't even researched him a lot because thought thats a longer shot than Gurley LOL. Everything I've read about him though says it's can't miss, but that puts about 22+ Million in WR's alone once they resign Julio.

No. The Falcons reached for Sam Baker because they needed a LT and had just drafted their franchise QB.

Will don't they need a pass rusher this year? I see reaching for another player in our future.