Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

I can't tell if you're being serious. Ray Rice won a SB with the Ravens just two years ago and is 5'8 206 lbs. Is this cleverly veiled irony? Am I on Punk'd?

If you think an 1100 yard rusher 74 a game is considered leading okay . No wonder we value the running game differently . It was more of Flacco's monster playoffs and riding the Ray Lewis train, but you know this it just didn't fit your argument.

But please don't tell me you think this is something the Falcons can duplicate if they draft Randy Gregory in 2015.

If you think an 1100 yard rusher 74 a game is considered leading okay . No wonder we value the running game differently . It was more of Flacco's monster playoffs and riding the Ray Lewis train, but you know this it just didn't fit your argument.

But please don't tell me you think this is something the Falcons can duplicate if they draft all by drafting Randy Gregory in 2015.

He would've been a top 7/8 RB in the NFL in rushing yards this year with those rushing yards. Do you guys even follow the NFL?

Meanwhile, Dez and Thomas go on to light up the league, Tom Brady uses Rob Gronkowski as his "shiny hood ornament," and Anquan Boldin is pivotal in the Ravens Superbowl run. Of course, even if we went with that, RBs still have less value than that.

And neither one of em cost us five fkn draft picks.

Troffed!!!!!!!!!

People said the same thing about the Oline before the Falcons drafted Matt Ryan. NFL teams can't wait a decade to have the perfect O-line before drafting other players.

You won't have to wait a decade, If you use your draft picks wisely and fill much needed holes. Instead of drafting players because they played for certain schools or to please the fan base of the local college. If you draft to make your team better based off what your team's immediate needs are then you won't have to wait long. Some fans don't want to have to wait for their first round draft pick to heal up, before he can contribute at all to the team, even in practice. Especially when the position they play makes them useless and ready to be replaced after 4 to 5 years in most cases.

laugh.png we have pass rushers?

I believe Quinn thinks so. He recently said "we nailed it in free agency".

PASS RUSHERS

Beer - was on a 9.0 sack pace in his last eight games

Clayborn - has a 7.5 sack season under his belt

Reed - has a 6.0 sack season and will be moved back to the edge where he is a better pass rusher

Babineaux - has a 6.0 sack season as a 3T. Always in the backfield

Schofield - has a 4.5 sack season in spot duty and knows the system

Hageman - showed flashes of interior pass rushing prowess late last year. Looks bigger and stronger this season

Maponga - supposedly considered one of the top four Leo prospects on the roster by Quinn

Jacques - also considered one of the four current Leos

RUNNING BACKS

Free - best season 248 rush yards

Tone - best season 145 rush yards

DiMarco - zero rush yards in the NFL

​Jerome - zero rush yards in the NFL

​Wingo - zero rush yards in the NFL

He would've been a top 7/8 RB in the NFL in rushing yards this year with those rushing yards. Do you guys even follow the NFL?

Just so I follow you we can expect 1100 yards out of Devonte Freeman? LOL i'm not being sarcastic LOL you may right with Shanahan offense LOL, but wouldn't you prefer a beast (1500-1700) yards if possible and get the most bang for the buck. Regardless it isn't going to be enough to hide the shortcomings on the defensive side of the ball even with the 8th pick being an edge rusher.

Just so I follow you we can expect 1100 yards out of Devonte Freeman? LOL i'm not being sarcastic LOL you may right with Shanahan offense LOL, but wouldn't you prefer a beast (1500-1700) yards if possible and get the most bang for the buck. Regardless it isn't going to be enough to hide the shortcomings on the defensive side of the ball even with the 8th pick being an edge rusher.

No, I've said several times I want us to draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and provided ample evidence that it's just as easy to land a stud RB in the 2nd or 3rd as it is to land them in the 1st. I completely believe if we lean on a RB like Abdullah or David Johnson they'll get us 1200+ yards from scrimmage, likely more. In a draft like this, the deepest at RB that I can remember, and very top heavy for pass rusher, it makes sense.

Sack Leaders

Justin Houston (3rd round)

JJ Watt (1st round)

Elvis Dumervil (4th round)

Mario Williams (1st round)

Connor Barwin (2nd round)

Von Miller (1st round)

Ryan Kerrigan (1st round)

Jason Pierre Paul (1st round)

Terrell Suggs (1st round)

Everson Griffen (4th round)

Cameron Wake (UDFA)

Paul Kruger (2nd round)

Clay Matthews (1st round)

Robert Quinn (1st round)

Demarcus Ware (1st round)

Rushing Leaders

Demarco Murray (3rd round)

Leveon Bell (2nd round)

Lesean McCoy (2nd round)

Marshawn Lynch (1st round)

Justin Forsett (7th round)

Arian Foster (UDFA)

Eddie Lacy (2nd round)

Jeremy Hill (2nd round)

Frank Gore (3rd round)

Lamarr Miller (4th round)

Alfred Morris (6th round)

Matt Forte (2nd round)

Jamaal Charles (3rd round)

Mark Ingram (1st round)

Joique Bell (UDFA)

"If I made the statement "Gurley is an injury waiting to happen", how would you make the argument to the contrary?" Normal quote function not working for me I'm willing to take a chance on greatness. Rob Gronkowski is an injury waiting to happen. He tore his ACL in December of 2013 and was first team all-pro in 2014. The 2013 injury may have cost his team a Super Bowl. Some athletes are worth the risk. It all depends on how good you believe Gurley is. I think he has a real chance of being an elite starting RB.

If Todd Gurley entered this draft with a clean history of health, I would certainly consider drafting him in the first round. Sometimes it is worthwhile to gamble on greatness.

Unfortunately, Gurley does not have a clean history. Drafting him in the first round is a foolish bet; one that we can not afford.

Gurlie to Dallie. Jerrah built his O-line, he's getting his RB now.

Gurley could be a very nice piece for the Cowboys. He'd really help balance out their offense, open things up for their pass catchers, and help keep their franchise QB healthy. No way the Falcons could use him!

If pass rushers start flying off the board like everyone is mocking. To me it would be hard to justify drafting the #4 pass rusher at the 8th overall pick. Is that 4th best pass rusher better than what else is on the board? It would be hard to believe that to be true. I believe this team needs talent at so many positions that just about all should be options.

No, I've said several times I want us to draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and provided ample evidence that it's just as easy to land a stud RB in the 2nd or 3rd as it is to land them in the 1st. I completely believe if we lean on a RB like Abdullah or David Johnson they'll get us 1200+ yards from scrimmage, likely more. In a draft like this, the deepest at RB that I can remember, and very top heavy for pass rusher, it makes sense.

Sack Leaders

Justin Houston (3rd round)

JJ Watt (1st round)

Elvis Dumervil (4th round)

Mario Williams (1st round)

Connor Barwin (2nd round)

Von Miller (1st round)

Ryan Kerrigan (1st round)

Jason Pierre Paul (1st round)

Terrell Suggs (1st round)

Everson Griffen (4th round)

Cameron Wake (UDFA)

Paul Kruger (2nd round)

Clay Matthews (1st round)

Robert Quinn (1st round)

Demarcus Ware (1st round)

Rushing Leaders

Demarco Murray (3rd round)

Leveon Bell (2nd round)

Lesean McCoy (2nd round)

Marshawn Lynch (1st round)

Justin Forsett (7th round)

Arian Foster (UDFA)

Eddie Lacy (2nd round)

Jeremy Hill (2nd round)

Frank Gore (3rd round)

Lamarr Miller (4th round)

Alfred Morris (6th round)

Matt Forte (2nd round)

Jamaal Charles (3rd round)

Mark Ingram (1st round)

Joique Bell (UDFA)

LOL I hope you are right because I do think thats exactly what Dimitroff and Pioli are going to do. Simply put Gurley/Gordon/Shreff seem more like a sure thing compared to Gregory/DuPree. Like Ajayi a lot but **** he has had knee injury his sophomore year, Coleman, Johnson and even Abdullah even though he has been banged up too. Like a lot of the second tier DE/LB Orchard, Howard but they all have their downsides too. just though it would be better to draft a more sure pick at 1 and have it offset the reach at 2 than essentially reaching both picks 1 and two.

PASS RUSHERS

Reed - has a 6.0 sack season and will be moved back to the edge where he is a better pass rusher

Hageman - showed flashes of interior pass rushing prowess late last year. Looks bigger and stronger this season

Maponga - supposedly considered one of the top four Leo prospects on the roster by Quinn

RUNNING BACKS

stopped reading right there.

Know one actually knows if Gurley is the right pick for us or not..Puleeze..One thing I do know is, We tried the Dlineman in the 1st rd thing a couple of times recently, and failed miserably(JA/PJ). And we all know that insanity is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. lol. Heck, it might be time to try to get a stud RB early. Who knows? Just sayin....

Know one actually knows if Gurley is the right pick for us or not..Puleeze..One thing I do know is, We tried the Dlineman in the 1st rd thing a couple of times recently, and failed miserably(JA/PJ). And we all know that insanity is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. lol. Heck, it might be time to try to get a stud RB early. Who knows? Just sayin....

Lol. No. Just no.

Why should I care how "deep" a Draft is supposed to be? The Falcons will only pick at most 2 players from any given position. I care about the players the Falcons will get, not how "deep" a position is supposed to be.

I don't even buy into the notion that people really know how "deep" a draft is. That's just something people say in an attempt to sound like they've got the Draft down to an exact science. It's just hot air. I can give you numerous examples of when the Falcons missed on a player at a position that was supposedly "deep".

LOL I hope you are right because I do think thats exactly what Dimitroff and Pioli are going to do. Simply put Gurley/Gordon/Shreff seem more like a sure thing compared to Gregory/DuPree. Like Ajayi a lot but **** he has had knee injury his sophomore year, Coleman, Johnson and even Abdullah even though he has been banged up too. Like a lot of the second tier DE/LB Orchard, Howard but they all have their downsides too. just though it would be better to draft a more sure pick at 1 and have it offset the reach at 2 than essentially reaching both picks 1 and two.

RB: David Cobb (meeting) , Todd Gurley (proday) , Jay Ajayi (met) , Mike Davis (workout/visit) , Ameer Abdullah (met) , Duke Johnson (workout), Kenny Hilliard (Shrine) , Zach Zenner (Shrine) , Corey Grant (proday) , Terrell Watson (workout) , Synjyn Days (proday)

At least doing our homework. Some really nice players on that list.

PASS RUSHERS

RUNNING BACKS

This is because there are no good starting Leo prospects on our roster. If we didn't add another piece to our front seven this year, how many sacks do you believe out defense would get in 2015?

You know we need a pass rusher, you even said it was one of our biggest needs, you just don't want to "reach" for the 4th best. While the 4th best would be better than any pass rusher on our roster.

No offense, but this is pretty ridiculous. Let me demonstrate. I have compiled a comprehensive list of all the teams over the last 20 years that selected a DE with a top 10 draft pick and then went on to win a Super Bowl with that DE as their starter.

St Louis Rams, Kevin Carter (6th overall), 1995 draft. Once, exactly 20 years ago...

No offense, but this is pretty ridiculous. Let me demonstrate. I have compiled a comprehensive list of all the teams over the last 20 years that selected a DE with a top 10 draft pick and then went on to win a Super Bowl with that DE as their starter.

St Louis Rams, Kevin Carter (6th overall), 1995 draft. Once, exactly 20 years ago...

Terrell Suggs has a few.

We are not one player away. If Falcons drafted JPP, Clay Matthews, or JJ Watt they wouldn't automatically be a Superbowl team. Keep posting stats about RBs taken in 1st round vs DE/LBer. It doesn't matter BC all those DE/LBers were surrounded by more talent then the Falcons have.

Its about talent infusion. And if the Falcons top 3 defensive targets arent there, I'm OK drafting one of the best players in NCAA.