Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperbh

The Gurley Thread To End All Gurley Threads

No, no, no son, you're still confused. First you thought a shiny hood ornament was a RB. Now you think Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Deion Branch were shiny hood ornaments. A shiny hood ornament would be someone like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham or Dez Bryant. How many of them were Super Bowl MVPs? Nary a one. None of them have even played in a Super Bowl.

Adrian Peterson played on suck as offenses because he never had a QB. The one year he had a decent QB they were second in offense and lost the NFCCG to a bunch of bounty hunters. Now before you leave why don't you post up that thread where you said Dimi was dumb as hail for blowing five picks on Julio Jones and should have taken DeMarco Murray, a RB with a long college injury history. By the way Murray ended up playing in more games, racking up more yards and scoring more TDs than Julio. BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

You mean the thread where I suggested taking Murray in the 3rd round at his proper value, instead of impetuously trading up into the 1st for him, as you stated you would have done? Hail, even Jerry Jones knew he didn't need to blow his load on day one for that shiny hood ornament.

Does Willie McGinest make the list? He played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB as well, but was drafted in 1994.

Does the player have to be drafted after 1996, or can they be a top 10 pick that won the SB after 1996?

I was referring to Super Bowl winning teams from the 1994 season to the 2014 season. Doesn't really matter when the player was drafted, so long as he won a ring sometime during that span as a starter with the team that drafted him.

Oh the irony. LMAO. Stopped reading right there. Hooked on phonics bro. Or maybe just a remedial third grade English class.

Funny you diss my spelling, yet your grammar could use a bit of work "son."

I was referring to Super Bowl winning teams from the 1994 season to the 2014 season. Doesn't really matter when the player was drafted, so long as he won a ring sometime during that span as a starter with the team that drafted him.

Well, add McGinest to the list then, 3x champion.

No, no, no son, you're still confused. First you thought a shiny hood ornament was a RB. Now you think Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Deion Branch were shiny hood ornaments. A shiny hood ornament would be someone like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham or Dez Bryant. How many of them were Super Bowl MVPs? Nary a one. None of them have even played in a Super Bowl.

So is a shiny hood ornament is a WR that's expensive, drafted high, or just amongst the best at their position. How the **** is Antonio Brown a shiny hood ornament but Santonio Holmes is not?

Rice, Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith... all are/were about the same build as Freeman.

There was also this guy named Barry Sanders who played even shorter and lighter than Freeman. Didn't lead his team to a Super Bowl, but I hear he was pretty good.

The question was lead them to a Super Bowl, again if Ray Rice was solid in 2012 but 1100 yards at 76 a game. still think that team was lead by the Ray Lewis train and Flacco's incredible playoff run.

Gore again solid 75 a game, but Copperdick had a good run and the defense was stellar. Not to mention Gore's injury history in college.

Westbrook one of my favorites but he did have McNabb and Owens and a semi nasty defense. Heres hoping Freeman can have that kind of career.

Faulk and Emmit were great but they were also early 1st round picks Faulk had the greatest show on turf around him and Emmit had a dominating line, **** good full back, Irvin and Aikman etc etc.

Sanders Top 5 off all time also a very high draft pick.

Devonte will be a piece just like Gregory or Bud will be likely just pieces and are no where near the ratings that Suggs and some of the earlier guys were rated coming out of college, I'd like an impact player at the 8th pick Cooper,White,Gordon,Scherff and yes even Gurley seem to fit that bill.

So a shiny hood ornament is a WR that's considered one of the best at their position? What precisely makes Antonio Brown, a 6th round pick, a shiny hood ornament?

Because some bro dude blogger whose primary argument revolves around a lame ad campaign for a really crappy beer said so. That's all '70 needed to hear.

The question was lead them to a Super Bowl, again if Ray Rice was solid in 2012 but 1100 yards at 76 a game. still think that team was lead by the Ray Lewis train and Flacco's incredible playoff run.

Gore again solid 75 a game, but Copperdick had a good run and the defense was stellar. Not to mention Gore's injury history in college.

Westbrook one of my favorites but he did have McNabb and Owens and a semi nasty defense. Heres hoping Freeman can have that kind of career.

Faulk and Emmit were great but they were also early 1st round picks Faulk had the greatest show on turf around him and Emmit had a dominating line, **** good full back, Irvin and Aikman etc etc.

Devonte will be a piece just like Gregory or Bud will be likely just pieces and are no where near the ratings that Suggs and some of the earlier guys were rated coming out of college, I'd like an impact player at the 8th pick Cooper,White,Gordon,Scherff and yes even Gurley seem to fit that bill.

If you think HoFer Emmitt Smith - who has both a Super Bowl MVP and a league MVP in his trophy case - was not at some point instrumental in leading his team to a championship, then we really don't have anything else to talk about.

All I got to say is thanks for an entertaining thread too, LOL keeps my mind off of the real BS. No ill will intended towards the opposite position.

If they pick an DE/OLB I'll be pulling for them to be the next Richard Dent or Wilbur Marshall, they just cant afford to screw this one up thats for sure.

Despite the beliefs of many, there is a chance that either Beasley or Ray could fall to the Falcons.

The draft never plays out the way everyone usually thinks. A situation that happens withing the first 3 picks could really shake up the rest of the top 10.

Way too many unknowns right now with the Charger/Rivers/potential Titans situation, do the Titans go QB or Williams, whether the Bucs are taking Winston or Mariota, the Jets regarding trying get the QB that is not taken #1 or continue with Geno, and how the top 2 WRs impact the top 10, and maybe potential surprises(reaches)..

It's just too many potential story-lines that have to play out before we can really know who will be there at 8.

If you think HoFer Emmitt Smith - who has both a Super Bowl MVP and a league MVP in his trophy case - was not at some point instrumental in leading his team to a championship, then we really don't have anything else to talk about.

Emmit was a 1st round 17th player picked, not a 4th round selection like Freeman which was the original context #1, my point is exactly that you need a running back of that caliber

#2 You have a Hall of Fame QB WR LT CB **** good full back ,tight end whiz of a coach and **** good defense but yea Emmit did it all by himself. Won't hold my breath till got that kind of production from Freeman or the other Hall of Famers on the Falcons. which is where I am coming from because everybody thinks that he and a later pick will be enough of a run game.

Despite the beliefs of many, there is a chance that either Beasley or Ray could fall to the Falcons.

The draft never plays out the way everyone usually thinks. A situation that happens withing the first 3 picks could really shake up the rest of the top 10.

Way too many unknowns right now with the Charger/Rivers/potential Titans situation, do the Titans go QB or Williams, whether the Bucs are taking Winston or Mariota, the Jets regarding trying get the QB that is not taken #1 or continue with Geno, and how the top 2 WRs impact the top 10, and maybe potential surprises(reaches)..

It's just too many potential story-lines that have to play out before we can really know who will be there at 8.

All I ever said was this scenario was contingent on Beasley or Ray not being there at 8

You just can't justify how JJ was acquired and think Gurley at #8 is preposterous. Especially if his medical update looks good.

Not only could Gurley be the best rb, but the best player in the draft bar none.

If the medical prognosis is good, and Beasley/Fowler(?) is gone, sitting still #8 and taking Gurley is far from S.H.O.T...compared to JJ 2011.

Emmit was a 1st round 17th player picked, not a 4th round selection like Freeman which was the original context #1, my point is exactly that you need a running back of that caliber

#2 You have a Hall of Fame QB WR LT CB **** good full back ,tight end whiz of a coach and **** good defense but yea Emmit did it all by himself. Won't hold my breath till got that kind of production from Freeman or the other Hall of Famers on the Falcons. which is where I am coming from because everybody thinks that he and a later pick will be enough of a run game.

I believe your question was "when was the last time a 5'8" 208 lb RB led their team to a Super Bowl?" We merely answered it.

But since none of those answers were satisfactory to you, why don't you tell us the last time a RB with Gurley's measurables led his team to a Super Bowl "all by himself"?

All I ever said was this scenario was contingent on Beasley or Ray not being there at 8

I know, not really referring to you exactly. More so in terms of giving you my opinion on the potential ways the top 10 could be turned upside down.

Some just think that it's a forgone conclusion that most of the top edge rushers will be gone by 8 though.

You just can't justify how JJ was acquired and think Gurley at #8 is preposterous. Especially if his medical update looks good.

yeah this is precisely true. it is precisely why taking Gurley at 8 is within the realm of possibility. Julio Jones... he is the perfect precedent example.

yeah this is precisely true. it is precisely why taking Gurley at 8 is within the realm of possibility. Julio Jones... he is the perfect precedent example.

Well, Peerless Price would be the original precedent. Followed by the Vick contract extension.

But, yes, I agree that as long as Blank is around, the prospect of grossly overpaying for a shiny hood ornament is always on the table.

Well, Peerless Price would be the original precedent. Followed by the Vick contract extension.

But, yes, I agree that as long as Blank is around, the prospect of grossly overpaying for a shiny hood ornament is always on the table.

Gurley does not fit S.H.O.T. IMHO.

Running back is a need and the position worth is trending back up just like people rationalized getting JJ...it was a passing league.

Falcons could get Gurley...a need and arguably BPA.

Yet still have good pick position in later rounds.

Gurley does not fit S.H.O.T. IMHO.

I thought it was Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law now.

Doesn't really matter. The whole concept is half cocked nonsense anyway. It's just funny watching those who worship at its altar try to justify overspending for a RB when that position is even less connected to winning championships than WR.

People are missing the boat on the Julio Jones trade. The Falcons got a good player with that trade/pick. They've drafted 28 players since that trade. They got very few good players with those picks.

People are missing the boat on the Julio Jones trade. The Falcons got a good player with that trade/pick. They've drafted 28 players since that trade. They got very few good players with those picks.

We were also a better team picking later in the draft...early success blinded the front office.

JJ was a cherry on top move, but sundae was slowly melting... Turner decline and Oline decline.

Does any body here rember Tony Dorsett I think he was a 1st rd pick maybe wrong around 5-9 5-10 200 ilb. A small guy can be the man just saying. Do i think it Freeman mm no!