Winston, Mariota Or Trade Down For Bucs... What Scares Most?

Capitalist

Haha. Someone hasn't watched much of Jameis. He is in a different world from Cam, as far as being a pocket passer. Dumb?? Again, someone doesn't know much about Jameis. He has one of the HIGHEST football IQ's ever tested. Come on guy, think before you post.

Jameis would be the franchis QB the Bucs never had. Jameis is head and shoulders above Marcus. If the off field stuff wasn't there, who would be the CLEAR CUT #1 pick? There's your answer...

/thread

Haha. Someone hasn't watched much of Jameis. He is in a different world from Cam, as far as being a pocket passer. Dumb?? Again, someone doesn't know much about Jameis. He has one of the HIGHEST football IQ's ever tested. Come on guy, think before you post.

Jameis would be the franchis QB the Bucs never had. Jameis is head and shoulders above Marcus. If the off field stuff wasn't there, who would be the CLEAR CUT #1 pick? There's your answer...

/thread

I don't think you can say Jameis is head and shoulder above Mariota. In fact, he may not be better at all. It's a toss up. Mariota is going to be a good QB if he's drafted by the right team and they use his strengths. Kaepernick is good at times.

To assume Jameis will be a success before Mariota is foolish. A lot depends on where a guy goes.

I don't think you can say Jameis is head and shoulder above Mariota. In fact, he may not be better at all. It's a toss up. Mariota is going to be a good QB if he's drafted by the right team and they use his strengths. Kaepernick is good at times.

To assume Jameis will be a success before Mariota is foolish. A lot depends on where a guy goes.

I'll agree, a lot is based upon where he goes. To say he isn't better at all... That's FOOLISH!!!

Pocket awareness-Jameis

Leadership-Jameis

Accuracy-Jameis

Football IQ-Jameis

But he isn't better. Hahaha, funny!!

Winston has the NFL skill set, but is also prone to interceptions, and has serious attitude issues that affect him both on the field and off.

Mariotta is not a standard NFL QB, and will need the right system to be successful. Otherwise, you'll need to bench him for a bit, if you want to train him to be that type of player.

Essentially, they both have major flaws. As long as Quinn gets our ducks in a row, we should be fine.

/thread

One of the highest football IQ's ever tested? Do you have a link to back up that claim?

The closer we get to the Draft the more I'm feeling like the Bucs should take Mariota or trade down. There's just too many questions about Winston's maturity to me. And I'm not convinced Winston was quite as good as many seem to believe. He was surrounded by a lot of good players at FSU. The scariest scenario is any that involves Tampa finding a franchise QB. Mariota obviously has legit questions, but he's worth the risk in a league starving for young QBs. The best scenario for the NFL would be something like Rivers and Draft picks to Tampa for Mariota.

i dont think jameis shows anymore pocket awareness or leadership than mariotta, funny how you left BALL SECURITY off the list..

and wouldnt that alone give mariotta the edge in accuracy?? hes not throwing to the wrong jersey

Funny how you only talk about one season, with the ints...

And about the leadership, you've lost it.. Watch games of the two, then tell me who the leader is!

Edited by Mr. Derrty Bird

Winston is not dumb by a long shot. Inmature and goofy maybe but far from dumb. You dont get into Stanford and have a 4.0 GPA by being a dummy. Additionally, EVERY scout and personnel guy has said his football IQ is on par with Luck and Manning.

Comparing Winston to Cam is plain silly, Marriotta's game is more comparable to Cam than Winston's

That being said, I dont fear either one.

Edited by FentayeJones

Winston is not dumb by a long shot. Inmature and goofy maybe but far from dumb. You dont get into Stanford and have a 4.0 GPA by being a dummy. Additionally, EVERY scout and personnel guy has sad his football IQ is on par with Luck and Manning.

Comparing Winston to Cam is plain silly, Marriotta's game is more comparable to Cam than Winston's

That being said, I dont fear either one.

Thank you, we have another one using their head!!!

Dork Koetter with Mariota doesn't concern me in the least.

Winston is better, and he's clutch. I don't think he's great, but he's a better NFL QB in my opinion, too bad he probably won't stay out of trouble.

Mariota will probably have a longer career, simply because he isn't a sociopath.

Not that the Bucs are all that scary... But what concerns most..?

For me, it is Mariota... Winston looks like a dumber version if Cam Newton...

Winston is no dummy. He's world's away from cam as far as reading defenses. He does carry some questionable baggage as far as his social side but a dummy he is not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472988/article/steve-mariucci-jameis-winston-most-astute-xs-and-os-guy

Another one, just look it up. There are articles all over, about his football IQ. GOOGLE is your friend..

I don't care to research Winston because I've watched him play and see the reports about his idiotic decision making off the field. I don't think he'll ever amount to much in the NFL. I for one hope the Bucs take him so Dan Quinn can shut him down. If I'm the Bucs, I'm not investing the first overall pick into a quarterback to be the face of the franchise when there are as many concerns as he has. I'd rather take the sure thing defensive tackle and wait for the right quarterback.