Warming Up To The Idea Of Picking Dupree At #8

I say if they like him and Beasley is gone,why not pick him? The guy reminds me a lot of Terrell Suggs. The guy has a high motor with the talent and physical tools to go with it.

Also, I'm watching NFL Network and they're gushing over Zack Martin. Dang, I wanted us to draft that dude last year. The only rookie to make All Pro. I knew he would be good, but not that good that fast.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'd love him. There will be a better SAM (Gregory) and LEO (Harold) most likely available, but none of them have the ceiling or versatility of Dupree, and Harold would arguably be a reach since his technique is almost as bad as Dupree's rn, he's just got freaky bend and speed. Then some will say Gregory is a reach because of the marijuana stuff. Dupree would have me happy.

Duprie to Atlantie?

If we target Dupree id like to see us attempt to trade back a few spots. We should still be able to get him and use the extra pick to help the Oline

DE's with Dupree's measurables do not come along very often. Trading back and still thinking you can get him is like playing russian roulette with 5 bullets, especially with the Giants picking directly after us.

I don't like Dupree in the 1st --- don't think he's worthy of that high a pick (#8). Wouldn't mind him in the 2nd, though, if he lasts that long.

Lots of raw talent, and Quinn likes those kind of guys! He could whip him into shape pretty quick!

But in this scenario, who do we pick at #8???

I agree that he has all the athleticism in the world but it doesnt change the fact that most rank Beasley, Fowler, Gregory, and Ray higher than him which will let him drop a little further

Gregory and Ray are debatable. Fowler is debatable too. He will probably be better day one, but Dupree can do everything Fowler can do. He just needs better technique when doing it. Fowler is close to maxed out.

I know I'd love him. There will be a better SAM (Gregory) and LEO (Harold) most likely available, but none of them have the ceiling or versatility of Dupree, and Harold would arguably be a reach since his technique is almost as bad as Dupree's rn, he's just got freaky bend and speed. Then some will say Gregory is a reach because of the marijuana stuff. Dupree would have me happy.

Duprie to Atlantie?

I think it's pretty safe to say Dupree is definitely among the eight pass rushers Quinn said he liked in this draft. I'm sure he has his favorite(s) just as we all do, but if the top four or gone when we pick, I think Dupree will be our pick at #8 with no regret, no hesitation, just gleeful anticipation to watch this kid grow into the NFL under the guidance of Quinn, Cox and Morris.