Sources: Mariota Now Favorite For Bucs

4/13: "The latest I'm hearing now from my sources around the league, who are pretty wired in, is that Marcus Mariota is going to go number one now to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers." - Ron Jaworski

Very interesting. Might force Jameis to 2, either trade up or Titans selecting him.

With Leonard Williams dropping, helps pass rushers drop.

1) Bucs - Mariota

2) Titans - Winston

3) Jags - Fowler Jr.

4) Raiders - Cooper

5) Skins - Williams

6) Jets - Ray

7) Bears - White

8) Falcons - Beasley??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing Odrick allows then to focus on their #1 need, pass rusher.

Jax were 6th in the NFL in sacks last year. I have no idea why they would go pass rusher over receiver, where Cooper will be there and is arguably a top 3 player in this class, or OLine where they got sacked 71 freakin times. They were second to last in the NFL in total yards. But the common sentiment seems to be mocking them a pass rusher to sit behind Clemons for a year. IDGI.

Edited by HEIST

Jax were 6th in the NFL in sacks last year. I have no idea why they would go pass rusher over receiver, where Cooper will be there and is arguably a top 3 player in this class, or OLine where they got sacked 71 freakin times. They were second to last in the NFL in total yards. But the common sentiment seems to be mocking them a pass rusher to sit behind Clemons for a year. IDGI.

They may actually take an OT.

Lots of rumors this time of year. I just read that the Titans are trying to trade the number 2 pick to San Diego for Rivers and a pick.

Also read that the Raiders will draft Williams if he is there at 4.

Also read that the Jets are done with Geno and will trade up for Mariotta or Winston.

Edited by FentayeJones

Who else gambles on Winston if Bucs pass on him? I'll tell you who... NO ONE. No one wants Vince Young the 2nd.

Vince Young isn't the comparison - Roethlisberger is. Winston has never been a running QB. He's a huge mofo QB that uses his size and elusiveness to stay in the pocket and throw the ball downfield.

He may bust because he clearly has had maturity issues. But he ain't VY.

What would the Bucs have to gain by blowing smoke? They can draft whatever player they want with the number one pick.

IF they believe Philly wants Mariota and is willing to package a LOT to move up to #2, they may feel that deal is sweet for them too. So they float the balloon about taking Mariota to see what offer Philly will make.

I also think the Jags want to go OL. They've been trying hard to trade down but wouldn't surprise me if they go with Scherff or (out of left field) La'el Collins. Maybe even Kevin White or Amari Cooper, though I think their OL needs to be a higher priority.

IF they believe Philly wants Mariota and is willing to package a LOT to move up to #2, they may feel that deal is sweet for them too. So they float the balloon about taking Mariota to see what offer Philly will make.

Don't necessarily think Philly will be the one trading up (though they might), but yeah. This.