For Those Worried About Pass Rushers' 40 Times

I know this has been posted before, but we can all use this evergreen reminder:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columnist?id=1541057

Arizona State defensive end Terrell Suggs took his second crack at improving his 40-yard dash speed and he failed.

Running on an artificial surface Friday, Suggs ran 4.87, 4.9 and 4.93 40s weighing 258 pounds. A month ago, he ran similar times even though he had been training for three months to become faster and prove to teams he has great speed off the corner.

Those who attended the March workout at Arizona State felt that Suggs may have cost himself the fourth pick in the draft by running in the 4.8 and 4.9-second range. The Cardinals, who have been looking for a pass-rusher, appeared to be the most interested team in taking him with the sixth pick, but his poor time may make that less certain.

The workout featured head coaches and front office personnel from the Cardinals, Chiefs and Texans along with other teams.

Suggs set a collegiate record with 24 sacks last season, but most top pass-rushing defensive ends run in the 4.6 to 4.7 range.

I can't for the life of me, wonder why anybody would think we would draft a RB at 8. I might could understand this

if there was only 1 or 2 good RB's in this draft, but this draft is deep in RB's and we have much more pressing needs.

If we pick a RB at 8, i will feel like it's the same old Falcons making poor draft selections again.

I can't for the life of me, wonder why anybody would think we would draft a RB at 8. I might could understand this

if there was only 1 or 2 good RB's in this draft, but this draft is deep in RB's and we have much more pressing needs.

If we pick a RB at 8, i will feel like it's the same old Falcons making poor draft selections again.

This draft is deep in RBs, with but there is one RB that is head and shoulders above the rest. I'll let you figure out who that is. And yes the Falcons will likely pass on him for a second tier pass rusher or an Olineman that will get his as handed to him. But some team will figure it out, draft him and likely run over us twice a year. Probably the Panties.

i think Gurley is going to the best RB in the class, and a VERY good RB in the NFL.

i just don't think that's the key piece ATL is missing, and i think the 2nd and 3rd best RBs in this draft are much closer to Gurley than the 6th or 7th best edge rusher is to the 2nd or 3rd best edge rusher (which is who i think ATL can get at #8).

i do think it is possible to simultaneously believe Gurley will be as good as advertised and also believe ATL needs something else with their #8 pick.

This draft is deep in RBs, with but there is one RB that is head and shoulders above the rest. I'll let you figure out who that is. And yes the Falcons will likely pass on him for a second tier pass rusher or an Olineman that will get his as handed to him. But some team will figure it out, draft him and likely run over us twice a year. Probably the Panties.

I said in another thread that drafting an injury-prone rb at #8 is butt-monkey stupid.

It was true in that thread.

It is just as true in this thread.

You Gurley-Prince Alberts just keep banging your drum. You really do have good and bad moments, but boy do you know how to lose credibility fast.

Somebody else mentioned this already, but I'm curious. Do you not realize the difference in drop off between the second or third pass rusher, vs the drop off after the first or second rb?

I mean come on folks. Check out the size. Dude is 6'1 224 pounds. Look at the speed. 4.5 forty track guy that can hurdle defenders in a single bound or break away from a pack and house one. Unbelievable balance. You better bring him down or he'll rip ten more yards on you. Look at the vision. Find hole. One cut. Gone. Got a sorry Oline? No problem. Bounce and go. How bout the power? He can give a forearm shiver to a backer or stiff arm a DB to the ground in a split second. Will gladly pound out three yards and a cloud of dust for whole quarters to burn up clock, wear out defenses and keep opposing QBs on the bench. Can catch out of the backfield and block for the passer. Or return kicks if we need him to. Just watch this video again and tell me who in this draft is on this level.