To Those Wanting A Rb In The First Round

Were I a fan of UGA, I would probably be frothing at the mouth to draft him. So, I get it.

That said, the value just isn't there. You do not take a running back top 10 in the modern NFL.

Let's all get together and discuss this in three years. Set it up and I will be there. Just please none of that hindsight bush it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all get together and discuss this in three years. Set it up and I will be there. Just please none of that hindsight bush it.

No hindsight bush it as long as you don't make 8 different mocks and then try to mash them all together and claim you hit on 4 players.

Matt Millen could be a good GM if he had 8 tries to pick names off a page.

I still love the guy, it's just I can't remember the last time we drafted someone in the 1st who we hadn't met up with or worked out. That's Harold in this situation. The biggest buzz is around him is that he'd go to one of the high 2nd rounders who brought him in (Jacksonville, Jets, Bears) or more likely one of the low first rounders, like the Steelers (apparently high on him at 22), the Patriots, or...sadly...the Saints. They brought him in for a workout too, and they need pass rush. Pick at 31 is convenient unless NE leapfrogs them or something. I just don't want to get my hopes up only for him to go to the Saints, because then I'm rooting for his failure...it's tough.

There are apparently 14 teams (!!!) that held a private workout with him, I just can't find most of the team names.

Yeah. Seems a lot of the private meetings have been hush hush this offseason. Gurley supposedly met with a bunch of teams but wouldn't even allude to any of them. Seems like it's been pretty well known when these guys take private workouts/meetings.

I like Harold though. But my favorite 1/2 combo is Beasley then Ajayi.

No hindsight bush it as long as you don't make 8 different mocks and then try to mash them all together and claim you hit on 4 players.

Matt Millen could be a good GM if he had 8 tries to pick names off a page.

LMAO. I heard Dimi with my own ears say they run over 100 mocks every year. I'm rippin a hole in his as with four a year. Wise up son.

Yes, he prepares for a real draft.

You do mocks so you can claim to us that you 'hit' on players.

Well duh, you mocked 70 guys. Of course you hit on a few, genius.

I propose something new.

The day of the draft, I'll post a thread where I offer my own thoughts on it and, based on the players available, I'll select a player when our pick comes around. Then compare and contrast that with what Dimi picks. I encourage every other mocker focker to do the same thing. Saving others drafts so they can't be edited later is encouraged. It'll remove hindsight, that's for sure.

I propose something new.

The day of the draft, I'll post a thread where I offer my own thoughts on it and, based on the players available, I'll select a player when our pick comes around. Then compare and contrast that with what Dimi picks. I encourage every other mocker focker to do the same thing. Saving others drafts so they can't be edited later is encouraged. It'll remove hindsight, that's for sure.

I'm down. Itll be a disgusting blood bath but I'm down.

One draft to rule them all!

I just get tired of people consistently trashing others' opinions, even Dimi's (who I'm not particularly fond of myself).

Maybe it'll help people see how difficult it really is to draft on the spot and not after the fact.

Just go back to the archives and read the live draft day threads. You will quickly see Dimi got smoked pretty much every year.

You can throw out all of the facts in the world that show it's stupid to take a RB in the top 10 and these guys won't care.

They're going against every single thing they preached to the board last year about fixing the lines first because the dude plays for UGA.

They're clearly thinking with emotions and not logic much like females.

Agreed, They are thinking with their emotions and not logic.

Edited by birdman71

Remember the last stud GA RB who went in the top 15 of the draft? I do... His name was Knowshon Moreno. Was he a beast in college? YES

Was he a beast in the pros? NO

Yeah, and Vic Beasley is the next Gaines Adams, Ray is the next Michael Sam, Dante Fowler is Derrick Harvey, Jameis Winston is Christian Ponder, etc. etc.