To Those Wanting A Rb In The First Round

The gimpy 1 legged RB had over 300 yards in 2 games vs Nebraska, so it must not be muchj of an accomplishment.

Is Nebraska in the NFC South?

Running backs are a dime a dozen. What has Minnesota done with Peterson? As I just said, Zach Zenner has the tools to be effective in our new zbs. Is he as talented as Gurley? Physically, no. Does he NEED to be? Also: no. But Zenner is very good at reading and setting up blocks' and is used to making the most of poor blocking. Best of all, he can be had in the late rounds.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Nebraska in the NFC South?

Running backs are a dime a dozen. What has Minnesota done with Peterson? As I just said, Zach Zenner has the tools to be effective in our new zbs. Is he as talented as Gurley? Physically, no. Does he NEED to be? Also: no. But Zenner is very good at reading and setting up blocks' and is used to making the most of poor blocking. Best of all, he can be had in the late rounds.

You're the one who brought up Nebraska to start with...

Most NFL players are dime a dozen. Gurley looks to me like a 'special' back. Similar to Marshawn Lynch. I don't know much about Zach Zenner, but my first impression is of a guy who may not even be in the league in 3 years.

I don't know much about Zach Zenner, but my first impression is of a guy who may not even be in the league in 3 years.

Because you haven't watched him.

Shiny hood ornament fever, I swear to god...this not even as someone super high on Zenner. I want a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but GOD FORBID we approach the draft in a sensible manner. Gurlie or bustie.

Pace doesn't matter. At our LEO spot, we don't have anyone who's had more than 4.5 sacks. That's horrid for a designated pass rusher. And it's not the same as the yardage totals for RBs, can guarantee we could plug Freeman in and he'd triple or quadruple his current yardage totals, but that'd be stupid.

I also don't believe in development the way you do. He can bring the best out of people, he can't coach up someone who never had the talent in the first place. And we need a talent infusion there.

Why "lmao" at Dupree/Gregory with Abdullah? Both pass rushers have a healthy chance of racking up double digit sacks multiple times in their careers and being all around great players, and Abdullah is probably the second most talented back in the draft behind Gurley. Can guarantee if his fumbling issues have improved (as they seem to be) and he doesn't get injured he'll have multiple 1000+ yard seasons. Same goes for Gurley but his chance at being injured is higher.

Your want for Gurley just doesn't make much sense when you look at the big picture.

I bet Quinn believes he has a couple decent Leos already on the roster. I bet either one would have more production in 2015 than any of the rooks not named Beasley or Fowler. They will be gone and neither are worth trading up for.

Quinn better develop some players and put them in a position to succeed or he will get eaten alive on TATF.

I think Gurley will have a better career than Bud or Gregory. Some team will figure it out. We will get to watch it. Yall will hear about it. Trust me.

Taking a gimpy, one-legged injury-prone RB at #8 would be unforgivably stupid. There are too many backs just as good that can be had in the third round.

Heck, go watch tape of South Dakota State's Zach Zenner against Nebraska. His line was woefully overmatched, but he reads and sets up blocks better than most seasoned pros. In the open field he was splitting db's and blowing past them. In a one-cut-and-go zbs, I can see Zenner becoming our Terrell Davis, and will likely be available in the 6th or 7th.

I've watched the tape of Zenner. I actually have him in my current mock. I think he could be good depth that can be our swing HB/FB. Good speed.

But make no mistake about it. He is not even in the same galaxy as Todd Gurley bro. Watch his tape again. He's running over high school teams. Then watch Gurley. He's running over SEC teams. This is the NFL.

Taking a gimpy, one-legged injury-prone RB at #8 would be unforgivably stupid. There are too many backs just as good that can be had in the third round.

Heck, go watch tape of South Dakota State's Zach Zenner against Nebraska. His line was woefully overmatched, but he reads and sets up blocks better than most seasoned pros. In the open field he was splitting db's and blowing past them. In a one-cut-and-go zbs, I can see Zenner becoming our Terrell Davis, and will likely be available in the 6th or 7th.

Terrell Davis? Ummmm....no.

I'd rather see the Falcons get a starting RB this year and not spend the next 3 Drafts hoping to find the 'steal' at RB. Even the Shanahans missed on RBs numerous times, contrary to popular myth. Some of the guys they've hit on aren't as good as people make them out to be. The Falcons need to support their franchise QB and take some pressure off their defense with a running game starting in 2015.

I'd rather see the Falcons get a starting RB this year and not spend the next 3 Drafts hoping to find the 'steal' at RB. Even the Shanahans missed on RBs numerous times, contrary to popular myth. Some of the guys they've hit on aren't as good as people make them out to be. The Falcons need to support their franchise QB and take some pressure off their defense with a running game starting in 2015.

I agree if we're talking about putting it off till rounds 5-7. But I see no way in which Abdullah in the 2nd or David Johnson in the 3rd is a "steal" or not trying to get a starting RB. You can get a starting pass rusher and starting RB in the draft going 1st for pass rusher and 2nd/3rd for RB, but vice versa is much, much more difficult. Just look at Dee Ford and some of those other guys. Might be really good players, yeah, but the dropoff is way larger.

In the end, I guess I'm not worried because I know we won't take Gurley with the 8th pick. But I don't feel like the implosion when we "pass" on him at 8 will be fun to listen to either.

You can throw out all of the facts in the world that show it's stupid to take a RB in the top 10 and these guys won't care.

They're going against every single thing they preached to the board last year about fixing the lines first because the dude plays for UGA.

They're clearly thinking with emotions and not logic much like females.

I was going to like this post, until I got to the last sentence and found out you are an idiot.

You can throw out all of the facts in the world that show it's stupid to take a RB in the top 10 and these guys won't care.

They're going against every single thing they preached to the board last year about fixing the lines first because the dude plays for UGA.

They're clearly thinking with emotions and not logic much like females.

Seriously? get the **** off these boards with that misogynistic ********

I see more emotional illogical dudes daily than I do women... half of em on these boards... and considering your statement, you're one of 'em.

If we had to suit up today and play a championship game, what would be our biggest hole?

ER - Beirmann, Schofield, Maponga, Jacques

RB - Freeman, ASmith, JSmith, Wingo

You have to know it's RB. We let Osi walk and replaced him with Schofield. We let SJax and Quizz walk and replaced them with......Nobody.

So the question is, should we take the fourth best pass rusher or the best RB at eight? Give me the RB. He will have a a better career than any of the edge rushers available at eight.

If we had to suit up today and play a championship game, what would be our biggest hole?

You have to know it's RB. We let Osi walk and replaced him with Schofield. We let SJax and Quizz walk and replaced them with......Nobody.

So the question is, should we take the fourth best pass rusher or the best RB at eight? Give me the RB. He will have a a better career than any of the edge rushers available at eight.

I'm still crazy enough to say we should take Gurley at 8 and trade back up to get Dupree or Gregory if one of em fall

A rb who can provide pro bowl production can EASILY be found late in the draft, or even undrafted. I cited Zach Zenner as an example of a late-rounder who has a strong possibility of flourishing in our new zbs.

Bud Dupree has the athleticism and the physical tools to become a dominant force.

He never had a suspension for breaking the rules.

He hasn't constantly been injured.

He isn't at risk to not play at all this year.

Bud Dupree is the best pick for this team at #8. Dupree is the bpa at #8 even if Beasley and Gregory are still there.

A rb who can provide pro bowl production can EASILY be found late in the draft, or even undrafted. I cited Zach Zenner as an example of a late-rounder who has a strong possibility of flourishing in our new zbs.

Bud Dupree has the athleticism and the physical tools to become a dominant force.

He never had a suspension for breaking the rules.

He hasn't constantly been injured.

He isn't at risk to not play at all this year.

Bud Dupree is the best pick for this team at #8. Dupree is the bpa at #8 even if Beasley and Gregory are still there.

You need to do much more research bro. I'm gonna let somebody else handle this one. There are even Gurley haters that would rip you a new one for that statement. If you end up being right then you are one badass oleskool mofo. At least I'd be able to say I had him in my first mock.

We let SJax and Quizz walk and replaced them with......Nobody.

You mean Falcons let Michael Turner walk and replaced him with nobody 😝. They've only had one of the worse rush offenses the last 2 years. But let's go with another late round pick at RB.

All this talk about Beasly, Dupree, Shane Ray....they couldn't do anything with Gurley when teams went head to head. Just saying...

There we go a guy that will not start but a good pick at 8 Dupree. No wate lets take the guy that if he gets poped again for smoking dope gone for 3 games. Iam sorry but 3 failed drug screens in less than a year problem.But thats just me I will live with who ever they take and move on.

Seriously? get the **** off these boards with that misogynistic ********

I see more emotional illogical dudes daily than I do women... half of em on these boards... and considering your statement, you're one of 'em.

http://www.fitbrains.com/blog/women-men-brains/

Emotions: Women typically have a larger limbic system than men, which makes them more in touch and expressive with their emotions. Women are usually more empathic and comprehensive in thinking, while men focus on exact issues and disregard impertinent information. Men have a difficult time understanding emotions not explicitly verbalized but can think more logically, while women have a more wholesome view of thinking & understanding but their emotions can sometimes influence decisions.

I guess science is wrong though.

Edited by FalconFanSince1969

You need to do much more research bro. I'm gonna let somebody else handle this one. There are even Gurley haters that would rip you a new one for that statement. If you end up being right then you are one badass oleskool mofo. At least I'd be able to say I had him in my first mock.

I did do a lot of research. That is why I wasn't high on any particular player until now.

I know Dupree's weaknesses. Primarily, the only thing he uses his hands for is to keep his watch from sliding off his wrist. That is a weakness that good coaching and development can fix fairly readily.

Dupree's 40 is 0.03 seconds behind Beasley. 4.56 to be exact. Beasley ran a 4.53. Gregory ran a 4.64. Dupree is 30 pounds heavier than Beasley and 40 pounds heavier than Gregory.

Dupree's explosiveness is incredible. A 42" vertical and a 138" broad jump. And remember that he is 270 pounds. In comparison, Beasley's numbers were 41" vert and 130" broad jump; Gregory had a 36.5" vert and a 125" broad jump.

Dupree has physical tools unmatched by any defensive player in this draft. All he needs is some coaches that can teach him how to use them.

And yes: I AM a badass oleskool mofo.

Emotions: Women typically have a larger limbic system than men, which makes them more in touch and expressive with their emotions. Women are usually more empathic and comprehensive in thinking, while men focus on exact issues and disregard impertinent information. Men have a difficult time understanding emotions not explicitly verbalized but can think more logically, while women have a more wholesome view of thinking & understanding but their emotions can sometimes influence decisions.

Article has no citations, it's less valid than Wikipedia. And this contradicts that directly, saying women have more neurological connections to logic, while providing citations:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/12/male-and-female-brains-really-are-built-differently/281962/

While other, more scientifically involved studies suggest that it's merely a product of upbringing and gender roles being enforced within society from an early age:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10684179/Men-and-women-do-not-have-different-brains-claims-neuroscientist.html

Not going to rant about it, since it's a football board, but your thinking of women as being inferior is something that's cropped up a few times.

You linked to a ******* fitness blog??????? LOL

Hey buddy - WebMD and University of Pennsylvania Researchers would like to have a word with you and your blog: http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/how-male-female-brains-differ?page=3

"Women are faster and more accurate at identifying emotions," says Ruben Gur, PhD, a neurologist at the University of Pennsylvania. Studies have shown women to be more adept than men at encoding facial differences and determining changing vocal intonations.

Women, as a whole, may also be better than men at controlling their emotions. Gur and colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania recently discovered that sections of the brain used to control aggression and anger responses are larger in women than in men.

Keep trying doe

Article has no citations, it's less valid than Wikipedia. And this contradicts that directly, saying women have more neurological connections to logic, while providing citations:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/12/male-and-female-brains-really-are-built-differently/281962/

While other, more scientifically involved studies suggest that it's merely a product of upbringing and gender roles being incorporated within society from an early age:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10684179/Men-and-women-do-not-have-different-brains-claims-neuroscientist.html

Not going to rant about it, since it's a football board, but your thinking of women as being inferior is something that's cropped up a few times.

How does me saying that women think differently from men, in any way, claim that women are inferior?

Who are you trying to impress white knight?

How does me saying that women think differently from men, in any way, claim that women are inferior?

Who are you trying to impress white knight?

Oh ***** please... you clearly look down on women from the way you talk. You literally just called them emotional and illogical 5 minutes ago. Read my post btw - turns out women are better at controlling their emotions than men from the research found. So calm your emotions and quit acting like a whiny man wink.png