Stansley Maponga

Anybody see this kid possibly becoming something under Quinn? Everytime he was on the field last year he made plays.... He was sorta the Jason Snelling of our defense. But anybody else see his potential like I do? If you watch him an him only you see that he has some pretty solid pass rushing skills, and Id also like to add his spin move is wicked.

I thought he flashed some ability to be hard to get hands on but no consistancy there and was aweful finishing and maintaining good position or setting the edge. I dont think he makes the team. He could surprise as 3rd string LEO but I think Tyler Starr has better suited length and get off to be the 3rd string LEO(inactive every week unless injury presses him into duty).

You are 100% lying if you claim "Everytime he was on the field last year he made plays". Thats completely false. If i am wrong then please enlighten me to a game or play that he made last year.

I don't think Maponga has shown a shred of potential since being here, but its still possible that he can get a role as a backup LEO or something. I personally don't believe its going to happen. He is my player that if he does well, i will eat major crow.

You are 100% lying if you claim "Everytime he was on the field last year he made plays". Thats completely false. If i am wrong then please enlighten me to a game or play that he made last year.

I don't think Maponga has shown a shred of potential since being here, but its still possible that he can get a role as a backup LEO or something. I personally don't believe its going to happen. He is my player that if he does well, i will eat major crow.

aVDsio.gif

That was basically the only play he actually made, but he affected things fairly often. Showed good burst off the edge which is what you look for in a LEO.

You are not wrong. In the 88 snaps he played last year he had 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 stop and 2 hurries. So on his other 83 snaps he didn't do jack.

Ok easy there killer. No need to be nit picky, but he was a very productive player on our awful Falcons front. Of course his oppurtunities were limited, but still he had his flashes. He might not be on the QB every down, but he was collapsing the pocket.

aVDsio.gif

That was basically the only play he actually made, but he affected things fairly often. Showed good burst off the edge which is what you look for in a LEO.

Burst didn't impress me on that play. Dotson was right with him off the snap. Maponga just won with hand use and a little bend/lean. Its a good play because Dotson isn't a garbage RT and is very athletic, but i'm not like "wow so much burst". Also awkward sack by Glennon lol

Ok easy there killer. No need to be nit picky, but he was a very productive player on our awful Falcons front. Of course his oppurtunities were limited, but still he had his flashes. He might not be on the QB every down, but he was collapsing the pocket.

Easy there killer. I'm not being nit picky. You are just stating stuff that isn't true. He didn't "make plays whenever he was on the field" and we was not a "very productive player on our awful Falcons front".

Nothing is nit picky about me disagreeing. Those are flat out false statements.

Burst didn't impress me on that play. Dotson was right with him off the snap. Maponga just won with hand use and a little bend/lean. Its a good play because Dotson isn't a garbage RT and is very athletic, but i'm not like "wow so much burst". Also awkward sack by Glennon lol

Yeah that wasn't the best example of his speed, but he does have potential there. Obviously I'm not saying he's blown me away or anything, but he's someone I think has the ability to be good. Whether he actually does end up being anything or not is another story though.

Everything is awkward about Glennon. Hahah

He definitely wasn't very productive. And Quinn won't turn him into anything necessarily, I just think Maponga has a lot of potential and thirst in him. Maybe Quinn can bring it out, maybe not. I do like him an awful lot.

And he doesn't win on his burst, not really, though it isn't bad at all. He wins more with hand usage and bull rush, though he does have a really nice spin move. To add to that, 88 snaps is nowhere near enough to judge anyone by, that's BS if anyone thinks it is. Thats only a few snaps per game. I'd much rather see a snap distribution at LEO something like 50% our rookie/30% Schofield/15% Maponga/5% whoever else. Obviously Schofield can also play the linebacker spots and some DT, and Maponga could switch to SAM in some pass rush situations, and who knows with our LEO, but I'd like to see a rotation similar to what he had in Florida and Seattle.

I agree with you but I honestly think it's better that he had to win with hand usage and bend instead of speed.

Let's see how Quinn and Co. can expand on that.