Leonard Hankerson

He is much tougher over the middle than Douglas was. He should be a good value pick up. We have a lot of one year contracts but if they do well we win whether they re-sign or not, comp picks. I think Hank is the slot right now with Reedy getting some snaps. Weems could wind up PR because I think Hester could be gone depending on who is added at WR via draft or FA after draft.

He is much tougher over the middle than Douglas was. He should be a good value pick up. We have a lot of one year contracts but if they do well we win whether they re-sign or not, comp picks. I think Hank is the slot right now with Reedy getting some snaps. Weems could wind up PR because I think Hester could be gone depending on who is added at WR via draft or FA after draft.

Weems seems more valuable as a blocker for pr/kr. Just my opinion....

I agree with you concerning Hankerson. Bigger, faster, and younger than HD and at a fraction of the price.

I don't think Hester is going anywhere. Why would you give up the best return man in the league, plus he did a lot of good things on offense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Roddy in the slot in 3/4 receiver sets.

Can't really compare him and HD. They are two different WRs. Hankerson has better size and better deep speed, but he won't win on the short slant routes as well as HD did, but i don't think Shanahan would use HD that way anyways so i think for this offense, Hankerson is going to definitely be better than HD would have.

Right now I got it like this

1 - Julio - our number one WR. Big threat long or short. Needs to score more TDs this year

2 - Roddy - still think he has something in the tank. Should be a clutch third down and goal line receiver

3 - Hester - should get plenty three wide snaps. Inside and outside. A problem for defenses when in space

4 - Hankerson - can get on top of a defense, work the seams and the post

5 - Weems - mostly a STer but can make some plays when you least expect it

6 - Reedy/Martino/Rookie - might have room for a sixth WR. Competition should be good

1 - Julio - our number one WR. Big threat long or short. Needs to score more TDs this year

2 - Roddy - still think he has something in the tank. Should be a clutch third down and goal line receiver

3 - Hester - should get plenty three wide snaps. Inside and outside. A problem for defenses when in space

6 - Reedy/Martino/Rookie - might have room for a sixth WR. Competition should be good

Weems is a must on screen plays. He blocks better than any of our WRs

Tougher over the middle? He has only played one full season in four years. He is no upgrade over Harry he can't be relied on.

Let's hope he makes it out of training camp without being placed on IR.

Tougher over the middle? He has only played one full season in four years. He is no upgrade over Harry he can't be relied on.

Let's hope he makes it out of training camp without being placed on IR.

He also never had a Matty Ice, Julio, and Roddy.

Hanker-WHO? This guy has failed to win a starting job, then got blown up in part-time action. I have no idea what anyone sees in this guy. I can't see him as anything more than bench-depth or a camp body.

Actually, Hankerson won the starting job opposite Pierre Garçon in the 2nd game of 2013 but tore his ACL and LCL in week 10. He started last season on the PUP list and wasn't even active until week 10. At that point the Skins offense revolved around DeSean Jackson, Andre Roberts and a pair of pretty good tight ends (Niles Paul and Jordan Reed) and he was just trying to get his feet back under him after missing nearly a year of football.

He isn't going to be a starter, but the guy has size, speed, decent hands AND experience in our new OC's system. Unless someone else steps up big I see him as either our 3rd of 4th WR.

Check him out in 2012 when he started 5 games, and averaged 14.3 yards/catch. He makes some nice catches:

No problem, hopefully he is fully healed and can contribute this year. We need more players who can stretch the field which I think he can do.

I would really prefer Roddy at a slot/safety valve and draft a possible number 2. Am I crazy?

I would really prefer Roddy at a slot/safety valve and draft a possible number 2. Am I crazy?

Not crazy, but probably will have to wait till next year for that. We need defense in so many areas.....Edge, Ilb, FS .....we need OG and a power back, TE is still mediocre At best.

WR s/b way down the list

Hanker-WHO? This guy has failed to win a starting job, then got blown up in part-time action. I have no idea what anyone sees in this guy. I can't see him as anything more than bench-depth or a camp body.

Over Jackson, Garcon, and Roberts? No shame in being behind them on the depth chart.

I worry about his hands but I definitely liked the pick up.

Not crazy, but probably will have to wait till next year for that. We need defense in so many areas.....Edge, Ilb, FS .....we need OG and a power back, TE is still mediocre At best.

WR s/b way down the list

I think a 3rd or later could fill the need, or maybe someone already on the roster. I won't play like I'm a TATF scout pro, but Reedy and Hank seem promising.

Not crazy in my opinion. This draft is deep with quality wideouts, Hester, Weems, and White aren't getting any younger.

One thing Harry proved was he could fill in as the #1, or #2 guy if injuries arise.

I'm not sure we have that on the roster right now.

So many holes to fill I'm open to BPA in later rounds.

Edited by insight

I agree with you concerning Hankerson. Bigger, faster, and younger than HD and at a fraction of the price.

I don't think Hester is going anywhere. Why would you give up the best return man in the league, plus he did a lot of good things on offense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Roddy in the slot in 3/4 receiver sets.

i agree, why get rid of hester? What do you gain? Weems has a role.

Weems once had sure hands --if still true I see him and Roddy as the possession receivers

yet last season when they needed to bring up a WR from the PS they chose Martino and not Reedy.

Robiskie is still the WR coach and you choose Reedy over Martino ???