Junior Galette 2Nd In Nfl Last Year In Hurries

alwaysfallforward

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2014/

Figured I'd bring this up, as it appears an NFC South defender is near the top. It seems he may be better as a pass rusher than a lot of people may think, 2nd on the list with 29.

I think hurries are a great stat to look at for judging a pass rusher, and perhaps better than sacks, because it seems to cover a larger sample of a defenders' snaps, and it has less to do with what a QB does in response to pressure. Sacks are largely effected by a QB's ability to get the ball out under pressure, however, a QB can't do much to prevent being hurried, all I can think of is getting the ball out very quickly before pressure even gets close to them.

Looks like the Panthers top guy is Charles Johnson, at 8th with 20, the Falcons top guy is Kroy Biermann at 22nd with 14, and the Bucs top guy is Gerald McCoy, listed at 27th however with 14, so actually tied for 22nd.

What's interesting is that Suh only has 10 hurries. He had 8.5 sacks, however he may not be quite the QB terror he is made out to be at times, though imo still good. Double teams could be part of the reason for this as well.

What the Saints need is a strong OLB who can fill the gap behind Galette. With that, the team will improve. And Junior can do his thing.

Shaq Thompson would be a good pick for y'all. I want us to draft him to eventually replace Thomas Davis cause he looks like a clone of him Edited by PantherWake

He's lucky some of these 380# tackles don't just push him down and sit on him!laugh.png

While 'low man wins' is typically true with lineman, you could be too low to be effective. At a certain point, your so low that you can likely be pushed down easily.

If he pops his head up a bit though(which he likely does)after the snap, it looks like he'd be at a pretty good spot.

Galette is strong in the pass rush department, but IMO he gets beat to often in run support. Teams know he's aggressive and they run right at him

I think teams used to do that with Freeney as well.

That could relate to why JJ Watt is so impressive, because he lead the league in both hurries and sacks and is a great pass rusher, however he also doesn't over run plays, he is disciplined. He stays back when he can't get there and bats down passes, and he is good against the run as well.

Falcons will go 2-0 against him if you draft him...sig bet old man?

Why would I bet with someone that won't pay up when they lose? I mean REALLY? Quit being so blatant with your insults of my intelligence, along with everyone else's here!

Shaq Thompson would be a good pick for y'all. I want us to draft him to eventually replace Thomas Davis cause he looks like a clone of him

You're not talking about taking hime with their pick at 13 are you? I.m gonna assume you meant their pick at 31, in which case He very well may be off the board by then.

You're not talking about taking hime with their pick at 13 are you? I.m gonna assume you meant their pick at 31, in which case He very well may be off the board by then.

if we took him at 13, i'd literally flip a table. He is a tweener, teams have 0 clue where to put him, and all I know is he doesn't fit the concept of instant-starter that you can get at 13. Too many guys that have solid potential to pass up for a guy that might be a good OLB or a good safety.

31? Sure.

Why would I bet with someone that won't pay up when they lose? I mean REALLY? Quit being so blatant with your insults of my intelligence, along with everyone else's here!

Shenanigans. Say whatever you will about him, but all Rivals know WFW has too much Board Pride to welch.

You just sceered, ol pirate arse... :)

if we took him at 13, i'd literally flip a table. He is a tweener, teams have 0 clue where to put him, and all I know is he doesn't fit the concept of instant-starter that you can get at 13. Too many guys that have solid potential to pass up for a guy that might be a good OLB or a good safety.

31? Sure.

Thomas Davis was a tweener too. Thats why I want him to eventually be TDs replacement