Matt Ryan: I Feel Better Than I Ever Have

ya_boi_j

Matt Ryan: I feel better than I ever have

The Falcons are going though some changes this offseason with Dan Quinn replacing Mike Smith as head coach and new coordinators installing new schemes on both sides of the ball.

Quarterback Matt Ryan doesnt sound overwhelmed by the changes on the offensive side of the ball. Kyle Shanahan might be a new face in Atlanta, but Ryan said that the offense has a lot of stuff thats similar to what weve done and that the final look of the unit will be based on what the roster looks like once the draft and offseason are over. However it looks, Ryan says hes feeling great heading into next season.

Its definitely changed a lot from my first or second year. There is just as you get older, there is more wear and tear on your body, Ryan said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. So, you have to kind of manage what you do a little bit better. Ive found that the way that Ive trained has changed a ton probably in the last two or three years. I feel better than I ever have. That is one of the things that has allowed me to kind of get back into throwing a little bit more and spending some time on the field is kind of a change in everything, kind of day-to-day life and how you work out and all of those kind of things have helped me feel younger.

Ryans efforts have been fairly consistent over his first seven years in the league and the presence of Julio Jones and Roddy White at receiver suggest there shouldnt be too much of a drop in the passing game. If the Falcons can get their offensive line and run game, which has been a strength of Shanahan teams in the past, in line, that should leave the offense in good shape and give Quinn plenty of time to focus on fixing a subpar defense before the 2015 season.

Matt Ryan 2015 - 70%+ completion, 5,000+ yards, 40+ TD's

He's feeling better than ever. He's improved his game every year. And now finally he's going to get the good supporting offense he's lacked these past two years. If the O-line can stay healthy I'm confident they'll be great blockers. And with a good Running game opposing defenses will finally have something to be worried about besides just Ryan and Julio making plays, which will in turn free up Ryan and Julio to make even more plays. It's like some vicious, play-making snowball effect.

It's gonna be sweet.

Edited by likeriver

He's feeling better than ever. He's improved his game every year. And now finally he's going to get the good supporting offense he's lacked these past two years. If the O-line can stay healthy I'm confident they'll be great blockers. And with a good Running game opposing defenses will finally have something to be worried about besides just Ryan and Julio making plays, which will in turn free up Ryan and Julio to make even more plays.

It's gonna be sweet.

I agree but 5k is a lot of yards. If Ryan hits 5k that probably gives some room to be concerned about the run game.

He's feeling better than ever. He's improved his game every year. And now finally he's going to get the good supporting offense he's lacked these past two years. If the O-line can stay healthy I'm confident they'll be great blockers. And with a good Running game opposing defenses will finally have something to be worried about besides just Ryan and Julio making plays, which will in turn free up Ryan and Julio to make even more plays. It's like some vicious, play-making snowball effect.

It's gonna be sweet.

I'll take the touchdowns over the yards all day.

Lol true, but at least the 40 TD's. That's all that matters anyways.

Totally. Those total td numbers are a very big indicator. In fact Matt's td totals are the only knock I have on him left. It shows in his receiver td totals too. Matt has rarely had receivers catch more than 10 tds. Believe me, I love him as my quarterback. just calling it how I see it

It's gonna be sweet.

No way do I want to see him anywhere near 5000 yards passing because that will mean that yet again the running game is terrible. I want him around 4000 yards with almost 2000 yards on the ground as a team.

I actually think his passing yards are going to drop significantly, maybe even below 4000 yards. Could have a 1000+ yd rusher for the first time in a while. Can see him with 30 TDs and a near 70% completion percentage though. He's perfectly suited to Shanahan's style of play action, west coast, sideline to sideline offense.

Don't think Matt's yardage numbers will dip for a couple of reasons- think that Quinn/Shanahan will not sit on a lead and that an effective run game will sustain drives and actually give Ryan more chances to throw. Think YAC will be much improved with a run game.

What it boils down to is that I think efficiency in the offense can replace volume.