Braves Vs Mets 4/10-4/12

K26dp

Unfortunately no. The bullpen in spring training was a disaster aside from Cunniff, Martin, Avilan, Johnson and Grilli and they're all in the majors. Everyone else was awful. It's why I couldn't figure out why the Braves weren't more aggressive in trying to find another arm or two for the bullpen.

I suspect they were aggressive.

Michael Kohn may be up soon.

Guest Homer the Brave

I agree, all of the "I love this new team" will probably go by the wayside as we become the bad team we probably are

This aggressive style of play minimizes slumps. They'll be relevant in September. Rest assured!

Speculation this morning that the Braves may soon send Jaime packing.

Which is fine, but he shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. Martin shouldn't have gotten burned after facing just one batter.

But Jaime probably should go. This team is going to be in too many tight games, we know Fredi won't use the Designated Closer in high-leverage middle innings, we can't afford a reliever with control problems.

Fredi said after the game using Jaime was due to winning 5 in a row. Said Avilan, Johnson and Cunniff were all off limits pretty much. "We went with what we had."

I don't disagree with this philosophy at all. Maybe he shouldn't even be on the team, but the decision was right to not use the other guys.

I don't disagree with this philosophy at all. Maybe he shouldn't even be on the team, but the decision was right to not use the other guys.

Agreed. Fredi just messed up the order in which he used them. And Grilli was rested. It's not against the rules to use your best reliever in the spot where he would be needed the most.