Hall Of Famer Retires

Guest King Jigsaw

• 4 weeks later...

I still remember that hit he made in college on the punt returner who called a fair catch....straight up laid the guy out, knocked him out of the guy...one of the dirtiest things I had ever seen in football. I've never bought into him after that dirtbag of a play.

I hope he doesn't get first ballet treatment. I take absolutely nothing away from him and I know I'm not the only football fan in America that feels this way, but dude was overrated to an extent. Yeah he played like a mad man but there has to be a place where a fan has to draw the line when trying to rank him. That's jmo though, knowing this is afmb, I'm positive no one agrees. That's cool too lol

I dislike the Steelers and the Ravens (my Dad is a Browns fan) but I believe that Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu were the best two safeties in this generation for about five years. I used to have arguments with people about who was better and I could take either side of the debate. His last five years have been a long slow draw down to less than average, though and he probably should have quit at least three seasons ago.

There is no chance Polamanu will not have CTE and its associative disorders by the time he's in his mid-40s. Pittsburgh was absolutely ridiculous with how they handled head trauma and he was on the field with 'concussion-like symptoms' more than any player I can recall other than (maybe) Hines Ward.

I still remember that hit he made in college on the punt returner who called a fair catch....straight up laid the guy out, knocked him out of the guy...one of the dirtiest things I had ever seen in football. I've never bought into him after that dirtbag of a play.

Until I watched this, I had forgotten about it. But it came vividly back to memory quickly. It's hard to believe that happened as far ago as it did. That was an absolute ho cake cheap shot.