La Canfora: Scherff To Atlanta

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Jake Matthews...Scherff will be there and be the solid long term solution IMHO.

Not flashy, but stability.

Unlike Baker or Konz, we will get our draft sacrifice and monies worth.

Crazy thing for me is if we went OL--which I could see and be ok with--I almost think I'd slide schraeder inside to LG and draft Peat.

Bookend young OTs is a heckuva goid OL core.jake can play either side.

For some reason I feel like Schraeder would be a good LG in a zbs. He's mean, athletic and gotten strong. LG has as much if not more pass protection responsibilities as a LT in some ways

You like Hunter in the 2nd? Dude has everything Quinn looks for: explosive speed, length, motor.

I love Hunter as a LEO.

Crazy thing for me is if we went OL--which I could see and be ok with--I almost think I'd slide schraeder inside to LG and draft Peat.

For some reason I feel like Schraeder would be a good LG in a zbs. He's mean, athletic and gotten strong. LG has as much if not more pass protection responsibilities as a LT in some ways

I love Hunter as a LEO.

I wanna like Peat because he is a Tempe kid...but no.

Keep Schrader at RT unless he can't handle it...last season was a fluke.

Scherff could solidify this line and because he would most likely start at left guard is not an issue IMHO.

He is top 10 talent and fills a need...taking him at #8 would not hurt my feelings. Unless Beasley was available.

I love Hunter as a LEO.

It's weird how no one on here is talking about him, and act like we HAVE to take pass rusher in the first. Hunter fits what quinn wants in a LEO perfectly.

I wanna like Peat because he is a Tempe kid...but no.

Keep Schrader at RT unless he can't handle it...last season was a fluke.

Scherff could solidify this line and because he would most likely start at left guard is not an issue IMHO.

He is top 10 talent and fills a need...taking him at #8 would not hurt my feelings. Unless Beasley was available.

Tell me why you ain't a Peat fan, please.

Scherff looks good. I'm not sure his fit in zbs, but I like him.

On edge guy, I agree. Beyond beasly I'm not sold on the "top" guys

It's weird how no one on here is talking about him, and act like we HAVE to take pass rusher in the first. Hunter fits what quinn wants in a LEO perfectly.

It's the lack of pass rushing since Abe left that makes them rabid for an edge guy lol

I agree. Hunter is the profile of what quinn works with best. Athletic and long

I'll say thins if beasley is there he's my pick. If not I'm looking at an OL like Scherff or Collins as our big hitting safety. Maybe a Waynes at cb would be an option.

I don't care for dupree, Ray or fowler as much at 8.

@MSalmon

Have not watched tape on him...but soft is not something I want associated with an Olineman protecting the franchise.

We need a guard and Scherff could be a guard or tackle\backup. Does Peat have the versatility?

If you have seen better, I'm open to your insight.

Peat is a bit of enigma to me. I've watched him closely 2 seasons and I love his frame. Love his power and he's nimble. But what concerned me, but also made me love another prospect was his games with Nate Orchard. Orchard lined out wide and destroyed him. Now many LTs struggle with lined wide speed guys, but Peats technique broke down. Jake got beat some, but seemed to always keep his technique. So I wonder if Peat is a LT or a RT.

I don't think he's soft at all. Just well coached. He's got power

Reason I still like Peat is because Jake can play either spot. And young cheap bookend OTs is awesome. The other problem is I don't know who on roster can play LG. Can schraeder? I just don't know.

I think Peat is well coached, got everything you want in an OT to work with so he'd be a good pick either side.

FYI you grab Peat at 8 and Orchard in second I'd be happy.

Schereff is the one that I'm not sure of. Great LG. Just don't know if he's the guy we need at LG.but partly the reason I'm unsure is because of Shanny's zbs. I always thought of Schereff as a mauling power run guy. I could be wrong.

For me, if we passed on an edge guy at 8 I' think id either drop down grab Collins, or stand pat and grab Peat. Move schraeder to LG and with Hawley healthy have a very athletic and young OL

The other wildcard is Holmes. Is he the RT of the future. He definitely ain't a G lol

Tough draft beyond beasley at 8 for me

Peat is a bit of enigma to me. I've watched him closely 2 seasons and I love his frame. Love his power and he's nimble. But what concerned me, but also made me love another prospect was his games with Nate Orchard. Orchard lined out wide and destroyed him. Now many LTs struggle with lined wide speed guys, but Peats technique broke down. Jake got beat some, but seemed to always keep his technique. So I wonder if Peat is a LT or a RT.

I don't think he's soft at all. Just well coached. He's got power

Reason I still like Peat is because Jake can play either spot. And young cheap bookend OTs is awesome. The other problem is I don't know who on roster can play LG. Can schraeder? I just don't know.

I think Peat is well coached, got everything you want in an OT to work with so he'd be a good pick either side.

FYI you grab Peat at 8 and Orchard in second I'd be happy.

Schereff is the one that I'm not sure of. Great LG. Just don't know if he's the guy we need at LG.but partly the reason I'm unsure is because of Shanny's zbs. I always thought of Schereff as a mauling power run guy. I could be wrong.

For me, if we passed on an edge guy at 8 I' think id either drop down grab Collins, or stand pat and grab Peat. Move schraeder to LG and with Hawley healthy have a very athletic and young OL

The other wildcard is Holmes. Is he the RT of the future. He definitely ain't a G lol

Tough draft beyond beasley at 8 for me

I have no faith we have any solution for left guard at the moment.

There is a lot to like about Peat, but if he can't start at left guard... I'm hesitant.

With all you have said, and we draft Scherff...we fill a need and have a lot of depth on the Oline.

Peat is just a tackle unless you have some insight.

I have no faith we have any solution for left guard at the moment.

There is a lot to like about Peat, but if he can't start at left guard... I'm hesitant.

With all you have said, and we draft Scherff...we fill a need and have a lot of depth on the Oline.

Peat is just a tackle unless you have some insight.

He's not a G IMO. Could see the Falcons double dip at OL as well. Shanny doesn't have to have top picks at G is something to keep in mind. He tends to have stud OTs. I just don't know what their plan is post blalock. I figured they'd pay him another year. His release kinda shocked me tbh

He's not a G IMO. Could see the Falcons double dip at OL as well. Shanny doesn't have to have top picks at G is something to keep in mind. He tends to have stud OTs. I just don't know what their plan is post blalock. I figured they'd pay him another year. His release kinda shocked me tbh

I won't argue for or against the Blalock situation...I just know we need a left guard and he is not on the roster.

We got tackle depth in my view... Scherff just makes sense IMHO.

Is tackle an issue / emergency?

Maybe thinking a year down the road. If I was drafting Scherff would probably be my pick at 8 but I do not think you pigeon hole him as a guard. He is good enough IMO to eventually play LT. In a perfect situation Baker can recover and take back over at left tackle Matthews at right Scherff at guard but what happens next year do we keep Baker or is he gone? I'm not sold as Schrader as a full time starter on the right side though. In a year though I would be comfortable with Scherff on the right side Matthews on the left then also draft a guy like Shepherd late and I think we are ready for what ever we decide to do with Baker after this year, and can take out the rest of the trash on the Oline.

I think Baker will end up our starting right tackle this year though and is probably gone next. This is where I think we will end up putting Scherff so yeah he would be my pick at 8 because I think his versatility makes him a little better prospect than Peat.

Edited by Sobeit

bc pass rusher has become our biggest need and if uou have a opportunity to draft one of the best at the position then you do that.. i highly doubt they value a T over a pass rusher this yr knowing that this team was 2nd to last in peessure and sacks. If beasley or ray is on the board we wnt be taking a OL.

Like Jake Matthews...Scherff will be there and be the solid long term solution IMHO.

Not flashy, but stability.

Unlike Baker or Konz, we will get our draft sacrifice and monies worth.

I know from a value standpoint, this sounds good. However, it is more of an investment in offense. You can get a top RT prospect in round 3. Do we really want to be looking at having potentially a high price LT and RT coming up on free agency / big money in 4 years? This would be best case if both guys live up to their draft status. We need to spread the wealth to the other side of the ball. I think the Falcons would trade down if they didn't like the defensive options.