Is Pass Rusher Really A Bigger Need Than Running Back?

I'm not sure.

Our pass rush and run game have both sucked for years.

After our offseason transactions I think we have better pass rushers than running backs:

Pass Rushers

Beirmann - 4.5 sacks in last eight games. Seems to be fully recovered

Clayborn - has had a 7.5 sack season before

Schofield - productive pass rusher in spot duty. Knows Quinn's system

Reed - good pass rusher that had to shift inside due to injury

Shembo - decent pass rusher in college. Going back outside

Maponga - I think Quinn likes him

Babineaux - still a good interior pass rusher

Hageman - will probably thrive in the new system

Running Backs

Freeman - good young change of pace back. Love him

Antone - home run hitter. Big fan

DiMarco - decent FB

Smith - even Shanny couldn't make him a Pro Bowler

Wingo - probably didn't make the active squad at all last year

If we had to suit up tomorrow I'd be more confident in the pass rush than the run game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

pass rush is 2nd most important position in football, behind QB. Every single guy you mentioned has serious issues, be it injury or mediocrity. We will draft a pass rusher in Rd 1, and may even go at it again in Rd 2 or 3.

We do need and will draft a RB in round 4-5

Edited by Vandy

Pass rusher is 1A, 1B, and RB is 1C. The Falcons neglected the RB position just like they did pass rusher. They were bit bad by that neglect in 2013 and 2014. I don't want to argue over which is a bigger need. Both must be addressed in the draft. Rounds 1-3. No excuses or it will be more of the same in 2015.

If the Falcons are dumb enough to draft a RB at #8, I'll have my account deactivated. That's how confident I am that it won't happen.

Never say it won't lol. More surprising things have happened... every year there are head scratchers. Quinn may want a Lynch clone to build around so we can be Seattle Lite..

I can see, depending on how the first 7 fall, Falcons taking a edge rusher, WR, or OG. I guess people are just POSITIVE Quinn signed Schofield, Brooks, and Clayborne as depth. Some of you thonk it's rusher or nothing.[/quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I can see the unwashed believe Quinn risks his coaching future signing injury riddled players to be starters, and will draft an injury riddled RB or a WR (on s team that is still better than average at WR) with his 1st round pick even with highly rated pass rushers still on board. Makes a ton of sense

Edited by Vandy

Never say it won't lol. More surprising things have happened... every year there are head scratchers. Quinn may want a Lynch clone to build around so we can be Seattle Lite..

it won't. I'm extremely confident that it won't. It would be the dumbest pick TD ever made considering how deep the draft is at that position. Everytime I chance my membership I always end up being right so I'm confident I will still be posting after the draft lol.

it won't. I'm extremely confident that it won't. It would be the dumbest pick TD ever made considering how deep the draft is at that position. Everytime I chance my membership I always end up being right so I'm confident I will still be posting after the draft lol.

I hope you are right. I don't want a rb at 8. I don't want a WR at 8. I WANT a pass rusher at 8. I'm just saying that we have no clue what will actually happen.

I bet nobody thought that Ditka dummy would trade a whole draft for a RB as well..

I hope you are right. I don't want a rb at 8. I don't want a WR at 8. I WANT a pass rusher at 8. I'm just saying that we have no clue what will actually happen.

I bet nobody thought that Ditka dummy would trade a whole draft for a RB as well..

we don't have a clue what will happen but we do know that it's a stupid idea that has recently been brought up and would be stupid if it happens, even the ones wanting a certain player @ 8.

I'm a man of my word though, you guys will never have to read my sarcastic remarks again if a back is ignorantly taken at 8.

we don't have a clue what will happen but we do know that it's a stupid idea that has recently been brought up and would be stupid if it happens, even the ones wanting a certain player @ 8.

I'm a man of my word though, you guys will never have to read my sarcastic remarks again if a back is ignorantly taken at 8.

If you delete your acc over a stupid post I'll personally mail you a cookie for being a dummy.

Then you'll be back in a couple weeks, 1 cookie richer.

TD's not as dumb as people seem to think he is. He's not picking an RB at 8. Kyle won't be pushing for Gurley, not with the other talent at the position, not to mention the talent at other offensive positions. Quinn will want some talent to work with on his side of the ball.

I'm with J on this one, no way Gurley or any RB happens with our first pick. I don't like making predictions, but this is pretty straightforward.