Wiscofalcon's 2015 Mock Draft 3.0

Hey guys, I hope you're ready for a long detailed read, because that's what I like to do. This mock is in no way what I think the Falcons will do, but more of what I think would be a good approach to rebuilding this team with a new head coach. So without further or do.

2015 NFL DRAFT

1. TB – Jamies Winston, QB, Florida State

2. TEN – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

3. JAC – Dante Fowler Jr., OLB, Florida

4. OAK – Leonard Williams, DT, USC

5. WAS – Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

6. NYJ – Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri

7. CHI – Danny Shelton, NT, Washington

This is how I think the draft will play out when the time comes, I personally think the WR's will see a fall in this draft based on the fact that a lot of these top teams need edge rushers or run stuffers. Whether you agree with the above or not, just wait and see what the Falcons do here.

WE HAVE A TRADE

The Browns trade their 12th overall selection, and 3rd round selection (77). - 1405 value points.

The Falcons trade their 8th overall selection. - 1400 value points.

Why this works: The Falcons saw their number one target fly off the board in Vic Beasley, and find themselves unconvinced with any of the pass rushers left, and realize the significant amount of holes on their current roster and decide to move back. The Browns need help at WR like no other, and they want to move up to take their man, either Cooper or White. And even if one gets drafted by the Bears, or Raiders, they may still want to move up for the other, or even Danny Shelton to replace the often beaten Ahtyba Rubin. In my opinion, picking up an extra valuable pick in the 3rd round while only having to move back a few selections is a big score for us, now we just have to capitalize.

8. CLE - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

9. NYG – Brandon Scherff, OT/OG, Iowa

10. STL – Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

11. MIN – Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama or Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State

Analysis - Things play out perfectly for the Falcons who see not another edge rusher disappear from the board, and now we begin our Falcons draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Round, 12th Overall - Alvin "Bud" Dupree, DE, Kentucky

The Falcons missed out on Vic Beasley, but after the trade, Dupree is a dang good consolation prize. Dupree is extremely quick of the edge, and can also be played all across the field due to his solid skills in pass defense. He has very long arms and a few different pass rushing moves, but he will only get better with time. Dupree is relatively raw, but we all know that Dan Quinn can develop players over time, and I think Dupree is the right choice OVER Gregory here because there are no character red flags with Dupree, and Quinn will help develop him quickly. This is a great start to our draft, but don't worry, it gets better. Dupree also played in the best conference in football, and recorded 14.5 sacks his last two seasons.

2014 Stats - 74 total tackles, 12.5 for loss, 7.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 INT

usa-today-8135114.0.jpg

2nd Round, 42nd Overall - Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

The Falcons need help at inside LB very badly, even thought Paul Worrilow has been a decent surprise. Anthony has led the Tigers in tackles the past two seasons, and has just been dominant. His stock really went up at the combine showing off his 4.5 speed, and a vertical jump of 37 inches. Anthony attacks the ball ferociously, and is a force in the run game. Anthony would be a great fit at ILB, but could also play outside at some points to help in pass coverage. Team Captain.

2014 Stats - 75 total tackles, 10.5 for loss, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 INT.

cffa55172ad812a173e788b8add36cdc_crop_no

3rd Round, 73rd Overall - Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart College (DIII)

I am normally not a fan of drafting D3 athletes this high, but this is an exception. Marpet played OT, but he is the perfect for an OG in a ZBS, which is what the Falcons will be running in 2015 under Shanahan. Marpet is very quick off the ball, and has incredible feet to go with his extremely high football IQ. Marpet was a 2 time team captain, and will be a perfect fit in our vacant LG position. Very strong work ethic.

201501211719623594398-p5.jpg

3rd Round, 77th overall (from Browns) - David Cobb, RB, Minnesota

The Falcons need to re-bolster their RB corps, and Cobb is one of my favorite backs in the draft. Cobb doesn't do anything incredibly well, but he does just about everything well. Cobb has average speed, but he has some power and shift in him. I have watched him many times, and he was excellent last season even with a below average offensive line, and a bum ankle at the end of the season. Cobb will be the PERFECT compliment to Devonta Freeman.

2014 Stats - 314 carries, 1,626 yards (5.2 YAC), 13 TD's.

goldcobb.jpg

4th Round, 107th Overall - Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville

Yes, this is the player who recorded 14 interceptions last season. Holliman is the ball-hawking safety from Louisville that took the nations attention. Holliman has trouble tackling and defending the run, but we have plenty of safeties for that. The Falcons need a true ball hawking safety in the secondary on passing downs to help force more turnovers. Also, Quinn will be able to groom him with proper tackling technique, and we need competition at the FS position.

2014 Stats - 44 total tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack, 14 INT's.

5th Round, 146th Overall - Justin Cox, CB, Mississippi State

The Falcons need depth at corner, and someone to compete with Alford in the starting spot, and Cox may be a late round gem that develops. Cox has the ideal size that Quinn likes in CB's (6 foot 1, 190 pounds), and is pretty physical. He's a good cover man, but his straight line speed was a concern. Those of course went to shambles after he blazed a 4.36 in the 40 at the combine. This is one of my favorite selections in this mock.

6th Round, 185th Overall - Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland

The Falcons would be wise to seek some WR depth with the loss of Douglas and the injury history of Jones and White. Diggs has a ton of talent, but was often injured. If Diggs can stay healthy and work hard, he could be a solid player in this league. The risk is worth the reward here in my opinion.

7th Round, 225th Overall - Terry Poole, OT, Syracuse

I am always concerned about this Offensive Line, and I am always up for depth and competition. Poole gives us exactly that.

7th Round, 249th Overall - Jean Sifrin, TE, Massachusetts

We have a bunch of mediocre TE's, so adding someone to compete isn't a bad idea here. Sifrin is a very good playmaker in the redzone, but not much else. He can still be useful if he makes a roster spot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 Atlanta Falcons Pre-Season Depth Chart

Offense

QB - Matt Ryan, TJ Yates, Sean Renfree

RB - David Cobb, Devonta Freeman, Antone Smith, Jerome Smith

FB - Patrick DiMarco, UDFA

WR - Julio Jones, Roddy White, Leonard Hankerson, Devin Hester, Stefon Diggs, Bernard Reedy, Eric Weems

TE - Jacob Tamme, Levine Toilolo, Tony Moeaki, Jean Sifrin

LT - Jake Matthews, Sam Baker, Gabe Carimi

LG - Ali Marpet, Harland Gunn, Mike Person

C - Joe Hawley, James Stone

RG - Jon Asamoah, Peter Konz

RT - Ryan Schraeder, Lamar Holmes, Terry Poole

Defense

DE - Adrian Clayborn, Maliciah Goodman, Kroy Biermann, Stansly Maponga, Cliff Matthews

DT - RaShede Hageman, Paul Soliai, Tyson Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux

LEO - Alvin Dupree, O'Brien Schofield, Tyler Starr

OLB - Justin Durant, Brooks Reed, Prince Shembo, Joplo Bartu

ILB - Stephone Anthony, Paul Worrilow, Marquis Spruill

CB - Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Justin Cox, Ricardo Allen,

FS - Charles Godfrey, Gerod Holliman, Dezmen Southward

SS - William Moore, Kemal Ishmael

Special Teams

K - Matt Bryant

P - Matt Bosher

KR/PR - Devin Hester

Well there you have it guys, let me know what you think! Please excuse any minor mistakes, as it took me a very long time to put this together.

I think this mock gives us a good shot at a playoff run.

Thoughts?

- Wisco

Edited by WiscoFalcon

Like the first four picks a lot, even if a bit unrealistic. A lot of the other players though...hate Holliman, and I've actually watched Cox and Sifrin, don't care for either much at all.

I thought you hated Dez Southward? Why draft Holliman then? Same type non physical player. Actually worse at run support

Southward is pretty physical.

Like the first four picks a lot, even if a bit unrealistic. A lot of the other players though...hate Holliman, and I've actually watched Cox and Sifrin, don't care for either much at all.

Southward is pretty physical.

Ehh kinda. Not really a hard hitting safety. I digress, as I like Dez. Holliman avoids contact--Dez doesn't run away from it at least

I thought you hated Dez Southward? Why draft Holliman then? Same type non physical player. Actually worse at run support

I don't like Dez because he is awful in coverage..

I don't understand why Marpet is on every mock. Its a good mock, but why Marpet?

Could be Tre Jackson also

Not a huge fan of mocks with trades. Sure wish we could find someone though I would love some extra picks in this draft. You started losing me quickly after the 1st 2 picks and by the forth I flat out did not like i

Copy cat... I'm just saying

That wasn't intended if ours look similar lol