Possible Plan B If Pass Rusher Isn't There

Farmer2

I don't know how to post things from twitter, but according to Rob Rang of CBS, the Dolphins have contacted teams to gauge the cost of moving into the top 10. Apparently hoping to land either Cooper or White. My guess is, if Fowler, Ray and Beasley all drop before us, there is a pretty good chance one of the WRs is still available. Dropping back to Miami's pick may allow us to still take Dupree or Gregory and pick up extra picks.

I'd considered this as well. Moving up from 14 to 8, would likely only cost them their 3rd. The exception might be if we gave them a mid rounder as well, which might then net us their 2nd.

Or the Falcons could just get the Dolphins 1st along with their 2nd as the sweetener.

I think the 8th pick could be valuable slot to a couple of teams if the start of the draft plays out right.

Or the Falcons could just get the Dolphins 1st along with their 2nd as the sweetener.

I think the 8th pick could be valuable slot to a couple of teams if the start of the draft plays out right.

They'd have to be pretty desperate to give up their 2nd, to only move up 6 spots. That's highway robbery level ripoff right there. Teams only get that in a trade down, when they've got the other team completely in their control.

I'd love it to happen, but it ain't common.

Would love for this to happen would be worried about New Orleans drafting a pass rusher though

Yeah they would. I hate the idea of picking right behind those swamp rats.

if somehow 3-4 pass rusher go before 8, I'd be surprised if someone didn't want to come up for Mariota or one of the WR's, whatever is left.

Yeah I'd much rather trade with Clev at #12. They need a WR & a QB.

I'd considered this as well. Moving up from 14 to 8, would likely only cost them their 3rd. The exception might be if we gave them a mid rounder as well, which might then net us their 2nd.

Aints got their 3rd for Sissy Stills. Would have to be their 2nd. I don't see them giving up that much. Maybe a 4th and their 2nd next year?

They'd have to be pretty desperate to give up their 2nd, to only move up 6 spots. That's highway robbery level ripoff right there. Teams only get that in a trade down, when they've got the other team completely in their control.

You're going by that outdated trade value chart. It's a supply demand issue. What's the motivation for Atlanta for a third rounder to move out of top ten? Zero. What's the motivation for Miami if they want Cooper or white? Quite a bit.

It's a 2nd and 4th minimal for me. Otherwise I stay at 8 and let the board unfold

I would do it for a 1st 3rd and Jordan. Heck let Jordan go somewhere they may be able to figure out how to get some production out of him. Also would do it for a 1st and 3rd. I'm all for some draft picks.

Edited by Sobeit

Especially since they have already given up their third, to get Kenny Stills.

You're going by that outdated trade value chart. It's a supply demand issue. What's the motivation for Atlanta for a third rounder to move out of top ten? Zero. What's the motivation for Miami if they want Cooper or white? Quite a bit.

It's a 2nd and 4th minimal for me. Otherwise I stay at 8 and let the board unfold

The trade value chart isn't perfect, but it's pretty **** accurate, and can help you in getting an idea of most trade values. As I said, we'd have to pretty much have them by the balls, to get them to give up their 2nd. It does happen, but most trades, are more similar to the math that you'll see in the chart.

I don't know how to post things from twitter, but according to Rob Rang of CBS, the Dolphins have contacted teams to gauge the cost of moving into the top 10. Apparently hoping to land either Cooper or White. My guess is, if Fowler, Ray and Beasley all drop before us, there is a pretty good chance one of the WRs is still available. Dropping back to Miami's pick may allow us to still take Dupree or Gregory and pick up extra picks.

Gregory will not be there and I sure as **** hope we don't trade back for Dupree.

Agree 1000%. If they don't want to thrown in a 2nd this year, they can kick rocks.

This is why 2 Qb and 2 Wr will go before us. Those WR are every bit the prospects that the PR are, with less question marks.

Those 4 and Williams will be gone. The other 2 that go in front of us could include Waynes, Shelton, Scherff, or Gregory. We'll have some great options. I can only imagine if Vic and Fowler were both there the reaction on these boards.

I would be 100% on board with trading back and selecting Gregory. Guy is a stud and is scaring teams for smoking pot which is just so stupid.