Bud Dupree

peterpiper

I have watched tape on this guy all day and he is R-A-W. BUT he is a freak. He also goes inside and mixes it up more than Beasley. Knowing the way we like to draft PROJECTS here in Atlanta. I am going to say three things. 1. Dupree is better than Ray, Beasley, and Fowler. 2. He has better character than Gregory. 3. THIS is who the Falcons will take with the 8th pick. I have him ranked in my mock drafts as 5/6 best pass rusher due to him being R-A-W. But based on his UPSIDE. He is 3rd best pass rusher in the draft behind Williams and Gregory and Falcons wont touch Gregory. So while the SAFE pick at 8 would be Collins out of LSU. I have a gut feeling Falcons are taking Dupree. I know I posted earlier that Falcons wouldn't make a risky pick or a reach pick like this at 8 with them having to hit in the draft this year BUT. The more I watch this guy...... He's the one we will pick. Final answer.

If Quinn is truly following the Seattle style then Dupree would make sense. He has the size and more important the athletic ability Quinn covets in a player. Technique can be taught and I get the feeling Quinn will not be scared to reach for a player he feels can blossom in his scheme. Like most I'd rather have Beasley but Dupree would be my second choice over the rest of the pass rushers likely to be available at 8

If I can see that he is blatantly lacking NFL star traits, then TD and Pioli **** sure better see he's lacking them.

that's easy to say without knowing how they really view him. Like I said, it wouldn't shock me at all. We will get what we cried for. Nothings gonna be done about it. Same goes even if they grab Gurley and those of us against grabbing him at 8. Nothing we can do about it but deal with it lol

Darrell you are thinking the same way I WAS thinking. I was originally thinking Dupree was late first round early 2nd round pick. But watch the tapes again. Then watch Beasley, then watch Gregory. This dude is more fluid. Watch and compare.

I hate beasley as well. I love gregory as a speed rusher. I love fowler when thinking all the different places Quinn can use him. And I like ray thinking about how Quinn can improve him as a pass rusher. But I do not like dupree or beasley.

I keep hearing Ray as an option and that's the one guy I would HATE to get. I just don't think he'll be effective in the first few years, if at all. All the other I think can succeed fairly quickly. Also Ray would be the most one dimensional.

My order is Beasley, Fowler, Gregory/Dupree, Ray. All have potential, but their effectiveness will vary greatly.

Go to You Tube and type in Bud Dupree Highlights. You will see some cases where when he is going up againsts opponents and instead of using leverage with inside arm and dipping inner shoulder to break away he simply plows into the guy and tries to overcome him with strength. Also when you see edge rushers get hung trying to go inside instead of spinning outside they try and swim thru. This is another characteristic of being R-A-W. Basic techniques that a line coach can teach the dude. He has explosion off the ball but also he moves the other player. Beasley gets to the QB with explsion as well but if Beasley gets hung he has no power. This dude has speed and power. Hope this makes sense. Gregory/Williams are successful because they have wingspan and power to separate.