Beanie Wells

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

How many of these guys would you want on your team? Notice how many aren't even on a team anymore? Why? RB is a brutal position. They have a short shelf life. They aren't playing 15 seasons like an OL or DL would.

I'd say 4 of these guys, at best, were hits.

AP

Lynch

CJ2K

Ingram

Cj2k had a few good years and Ingram finally did something last year. That list is horrid though.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why limit history? Why not list all of them? Also, shall we now list every saviour pass rusher drafted in the first round? How about all the other positions?

It's a poor way to try to make a point unless you're willing to do all the research on all the players across the entire history of the draft.

Interesting. Knew it was bad, didn't think it was that bad.

To everyone refuting it, nearly every one of these prospects was touted highly at the beginning of the draft process. Easy to look back and ignore that now. But I remember tons of people scrambling for Trent Richardson and Felix Jones on these boards, among others.

I think Gurley can be terrific too, but this is all a valid argument.

Interesting. Knew it was bad, didn't think it was that bad.

To everyone refuting it, nearly every one of these prospects was touted highly at the beginning of the draft process. Easy to look back and ignore that now. But I remember tons of people scrambling for Trent Richardson and Felix Jones on these boards, among others.

I think Gurley can be terrific too, but this is all a valid argument.

A LOT of it is bad teams trying to put the cart before the horse like we want to do here by picking the flashy RB over fixing the thing that would cause any marginally talented RB to look good, oh, and it would also help that Matt Ryan guy as well...

Trent Richardson

Doug Martin

David Wilson

Mark Ingram

CJ Spiller

Ryan Matthews

Jahvid Best

Knowshow Moreno

Donald Brown

Beanie Wells

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

How many of these guys would you want on your team? Notice how many aren't even on a team anymore? Why? RB is a brutal position. They have a short shelf life. They aren't playing 15 seasons like an OL or DL would.

AP

Lynch

CJ2K

Ingram

Cj2k had a few good years and Ingram finally did something last year. That list is horrid though.

What is the success on building a team with first round OL and DL? I know the answer, just getting tired of the Gurley lovers.

Trent Richardson

Doug Martin

David Wilson

Mark Ingram

CJ Spiller

Ryan Matthews

Jahvid Best

Knowshow Moreno

Donald Brown

Beanie Wells

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

AP

Lynch

CJ2K

Ingram

It's incredibly sad that you have to spell this out to some posters.

Drafting Gurly at #8 would be a horrible idea, and a step backwards for this franchise

If it were up to me, I'd double down on O-Line help taking a true LT in the 1st Rd. and move Jake to Left guard. I feel he will be a perennial injury risk at LT, much like Scam Baker. He struggles on the edges.

And a true RT as high as the 3rd or 4th Rounds.

I wouldn't care who had a problem with it, cause the results would bare me out.

The D-line and LB's can be coached up. After all, isn't that what the new staff is known for ?

We have a gluten of front 7 potentials.....

O-line talent on this team has been utterly atrocious. Regardless of scheme.