Just How High Of A....

To answer this question honestly there is several things to take into consideration. I think the single biggest factor in a players ascension to greatness is environment. Did he go to the team that knows how to use his skills to the fullest? If not, all the hard work and talent is for naught. And secondly, without being able to get to know someone, can you know what burns in their chest and motivates them?

Teams tend to make their biggest mistakes when they select a player based solely on tape. Anderson and Konz are two recent players that meet that profile. The team didn't know their motivations or desires. And neither was or has been really used to their strengths. If they even HAVE/HAD strengths.

Can the Falcons find the right players for the right scheme and harness their desires to make complete players? So really, could not anyone of the players you list be potentially brilliant? How many times have we seen a player anointed as the next big thing just fade away into obscurity?

To answer this question honestly there is several things to take into consideration. I think the single biggest factor in a players ascension to greatness is environment. Did he go to the team that knows how to use his skills to the fullest? If not, all the hard work and talent is for naught. And secondly, without being able to get to know someone, can you know what burns in their chest and motivates them?

Teams tend to make their biggest mistakes when they select a player based solely on tape. Anderson and Konz are two recent players that meet that profile. The team didn't know their motivations or desires. And neither was or has been really used to their strengths. If they even HAVE/HAD strengths.

Can the Falcons find the right players for the right scheme and harness their desires to make complete players? So really, could not anyone of the players you list be potentially brilliant? How many times have we seen a player anointed as the next big thing just fade away into obscurity?

Lol the end of that reminded me of Glenn Dorsey. Thankfully, I think the falcons have hired one of the best talent evaluators and developmental coaches in today's NFL. Everywhere he's went, he improved a players knowledge of the game, there production and technique.

Talking strictly best case, maxed out potential? I'll include comparisons for kicks.

Harold - 12-16 sack peak, best athleticism + motor combination of PRs, all issues are technique and overpursuit, often compared to Clay Matthews

Beasley - best in the draft, double digits and approaching 20 sack potential, Demarcus Ware esque
Fowler - 6-8 sacks on a good year, Derrick Morgan is his ceiling tbh
Dupree - Mario Williams esque, but not as bendy, so probably in the low double digit sacks while also a good run stopper, high bust potential
Gregory - most complete defender on the list, great against the run and Jason Taylor 12-14 sacks/yr type pass rush, incredible versatility
Ray - solid 10 sack a year guy if he gets it together, could start off very slowly with initial bust label, very similar to Jerry Hughes
Iggy - potential for 8-12 sacks, similar to Everson Griffin, built on his great power rush

Don't think they'll all reach that, but who knows.

Lol the end of that reminded me of Glenn Dorsey. Thankfully, I think the falcons have hired one of the best talent evaluators and developmental coaches in today's NFL. Everywhere he's went, he improved a players knowledge of the game, there production and technique.

I could not agree more Master Shropshire. You can take a great player, but without scheme coaching and guidance you may just have a hood ornament. Or you take the hungry driven kid in need of polishing and bring havoc to opposing teams.

I could not agree more Master Shropshire. You can take a great player, but without scheme coaching and guidance you may just have a hood ornament. Or you take the hungry driven kid in need of polishing and bring havoc to opposing teams.

Quinn is the reason why I sometimes daydream of a draft like: 1) Collins LG 2) Dorsett WR 3) Ajayi RB. He's just that good. Our defense already will be top 20. Then I remember we sorely need pass rushers and CBs lol. Quinn with a defensive draft will make us into a perennial top 10 defense from year one, eventually into a perennial top 5.