Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shotfather

White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

You get your ticket or taken to jail? Again, that's my perception of it. Not going to pretend other races have that same experience, no way for me to know that...

Actually, there is a way for you to know that. Look at the data. Listen to people's direct experiences.

Because you are talking about things you have no idea about in an "objective" tone with a past for the same systemic profiling that is a problem among cops today. Then you mention "acting like a fool" and etc. And you're speaking about it from a white point of view as if that is ever applicable in this discussion.

"Well I dont have problem with cops so it must just be the victims acting the fool."

So passive.......

Have you never watched Cops and seen the drunk white people on there? They are generally "acting a fool" which is how they got on the show. Nothing even remotely racist about that except that you want it to be for whatever reason.

Again, sorry you feel that way but I have no control over what you think. What I don't get is why you go to the lengths you do to not include the statement following right after it which tells you that it's my experience from the WHITE perspective. So if you apply the statement to WHITE people, which I made clear, then you clearly see you are reaching big time for whatever reason...

So, have you or have you not taken part in the same type of systemic profiling that cops engage in today? Simple question.

I know that some people like to sweep their dirt under the rug and keep the closet doors tightly locked but we all have a responsibility to learn from our past. Even if it is on a freakin messageboard with your E-Balls.

Absolutely I have and sometimes some of the profiles are right more times than not kind of like if you see a white dude wearing a camo hat and has a deer decal on his truck that he probably likes to hunt. Now with that said, can we get back to the actual subject matter of the thread instead of playing "Let's dissect Cappy today"?

without getting into the discussion of whether it is your right to act a fool or carry on, it should be noted that each of the black males that died recently at the hands of cops were in fact acting a fool.

Perhaps. When the cops start shooting white people 8 times in the back, or white kids playing stupid games in the park, get back to me.

The unequal treatment of black Americans is undeniable, and it often involves deadly force for actions that are barely criminal. That's a problem for me.

Have you never watched Cops and seen the drunk white people on there? They are generally "acting a fool" which is how they got on the show. Nothing even remotely racist about that except that you want it to be for whatever reason.

Again, sorry you feel that way but I have no control over what you think. What I don't get is why you go to the lengths you do to not include the statement following right after it which tells you that it's my experience from the WHITE perspective. So if you apply the statement to WHITE people, which I made clear, then you clearly see you are reaching big time for whatever reason...

And do those people get shot? No...they get arrested. Because that's what's supposed to happen.

Absolutely I have and sometimes some of the profiles are right more times than not kind of like if you see a white dude wearing a camo hat and has a deer decal on his truck that he probably likes to hunt. Now with that said, can we get back to the actual subject matter of the thread instead of playing "Let's dissect Cappy today"?

Dude. You should probably stop now.

And do those people get shot? No...they get arrested. Because that's what's supposed to happen.

I don't think they've ever shown anyone on the show actually get shot but I'm sure there are white deaths too (albeit a much smaller percentage--again, I don't deny there's a problem)...

Who said anything about the show Cops, which ironically, thrived off of people running from Cops and there you saw what Cops are supposed to do. They don't shoot the suspects that run. What you see on TV isn't necessarily how things go down when the cameras aren't around.

We shouldn't form our viewpoints from TV or who we see on a porch when riding by or whether or not the guy is using a cellphone in a movie theater. See how that works?

You can already be cuffed and faced down in the dirt and the cops might still shoot you.

Only way to avoid getting shot by the police is to avoid the police at all costs.

I see them coming I cross the street, if I'm driving and they get behind me I immediately pull over and let them go by.

I've avoided a bullet thus far...knock on wood.

Actually, there is a way for you to know that. Look at the data. Listen to people's direct experiences.

That's how I know there's a problem for sure but there's no way I can personally "know" that because I can't experience it as they have...

Why because he asked me a question and I'm man enough to admit to my past faults?

You didn't admit a fault. You just said that you profile them and that "more times than not, you're right." I don't think you've learned a thing. Hence, why it is still relevant today!

Who said anything about the show Cops, which ironically, thrived off of people running from Cops and there you saw what Cops are supposed to do. They don't shoot the suspects that run. What you see on TV isn't necessarily how things go down when the cameras aren't around.

We shouldn't form our viewpoints from TV or who we see on a porch when riding by or whether or not the guy is using a cellphone in a movie theater. See how that works?

You were insinuating that "acting a fool" was somehow racist, that's what brought it up. It was an example of acting a fool, not constructing a viewpoint.

Perhaps. When the cops start shooting white people 8 times in the back, or white kids playing stupid games in the park, get back to me.

The unequal treatment of black Americans is undeniable, and it often involves deadly force for actions that are barely criminal. That's a problem for me.

It is totally a problem. You'll never find me saying it isn't a problem.

The problem goes both ways. Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. It's one of the fundamental reasons they don't get the benefit of doubt. You aren't going to fix the racial bias epidemic of cops without fixing the crime epidemic among black males.

You didn't admit a fault. You just said that you profile them and that "more times than not, you're right." I don't think you've learned a thing. Hence, why it is still relevant today!

LOL, your reading comprehension sucks dude. I said sometimes the stereotypes end up right more times than not which is ENTIRELY different than I'm right more times than not. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong. Hate to break it to you but everyone on some level has some degree of prejudice so again, sorry you feel that way but you are very wrong. Now can we PLEASE get back on topic?

It is totally a problem. You'll never find me saying it isn't a problem.

The problem goes both ways. Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. It's one of the fundamental reasons they don't get the benefit of doubt. You aren't going to fix the racial bias epidemic of cops without fixing the crime epidemic among black males.

Don't you see the breakdown of telling a completely innocent black male that he's being abused by the police because of the disproportionate amount of crimes committed by people who are economically disadvantaged?

'Innocent guy, you're being hassled because you're black. Sucks for you.' is essentially what that boils down to. And you're suggesting that those innocent black people somehow have a responsibility to do something differently?

Sure, it may go both ways, but one person has a gun and has the entire government behind him, and the other guy's been getting harassed for his entire life, and is just trying to go about his business. Let's put the onus on the people who have the power and the control. Let's expect cops to act like public servants.

You were insinuating that "acting a fool" was somehow racist, that's what brought it up. It was an example of acting a fool, not constructing a viewpoint.

No, I think you have misunderstood.

It's not that simple.

No, I think you have misunderstood.

It's not that simple.

I'll be happy to have this discussion in PM's with you but I will not participate in derailing this thread further than what you already have. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to have this discussion with you...

LOL, your reading comprehension sucks dude. I said sometimes the stereotypes end up right more times than not which is ENTIRELY different than I'm right more times than not. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong. Hate to break it to you but everyone on some level has some degree of prejudice so again, sorry you feel that way but you are very wrong. Now can we PLEASE get back on topic?

No, that's not different. That's just the excuse that you tell yourself. Read this again:

I said sometimes the stereotypes end up right more times than not which is ENTIRELY different than I'm right more times than not.

Explain the difference.

And this IS on topic. The prejudice and ignorance you have displayed in the past is the same prejudice and ignorance(most likely spawned from fear) that is leading to systemic racism we have today. As long as we have people walking around thinking their stereotypes are right, the cycle continues.

I'll be happy to have this discussion in PM's with you but I will not participate in derailing this thread further than what you already have. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to have this discussion with you...

This isn't a derailed topic.

White cop shoots unarmed black man(a clear symptom of systemic prejudice)

Capologist stereotypes and profiles people he views on the street. Thinks he is right more times than not.

Same mindset. Relevant!

This isn't a derailed topic.

White cop shoots unarmed black man(a clear symptom of systemic prejudice)

Capologist stereotypes and profiles people he views on the street. Thinks he is right more times than not.

Same mindset. Relevant!

Cappy states indisputably that cop was wrong and should get the harshest penalty possible but never mentioned by you because it doesn't fit the game you are trying to play. One more time nicely, stay on subject please and any personal inquiries you have, take them to PM's...

No, that's not different. That's just the excuse that you tell yourself. Read this again:

Explain the difference.

And this IS on topic. The prejudice and ignorance you have displayed in the past is the same prejudice and ignorance(most likely spawned from fear) that is leading to systemic racism we have today. As long as we have people walking around thinking their stereotypes are right, the cycle continues.

How do you fear for your life when the guy is running away from you?

Definitely excessive and the cop deserves whatever comes his way for it.

Per me yesterday so incorrect...

Cappy states indisputably that cop was wrong and should get the harshest penalty possible but never mentioned by you because it doesn't fit the game you are trying to play. One more time nicely, stay on subject please and any personal inquiries you have, take them to PM's...

Don't start that harrassment claim stuff again.

Yes, cop was wrong. Cop was wrong due to systemic prejudice that goes ignored. Capologist has shown the same mindset in the past. Today, Capologist can't understand why they just can't stop "acting the fool." Capologist thinks that racial stereotypes are right more times than not.

It's no game and you may consider it personal because it hits home but that doesn't mean it isn't relevant. How else are we supposed to change the ignorant mindset without confronting it head-on?

Don't start that harrassment claim stuff again.

Yes, cop was wrong. Cop was wrong due to systemic prejudice that goes ignored. Capologist has shown the same mindset in the past. Today, Capologist can't understand why they just can't stop "acting the fool." Capologist thinks that racial stereotypes are right more times than not.

It's no game and you may consider it personal because it hits home but that doesn't mean it isn't relevant. How else are we supposed to change the ignorant mindset without confronting it head-on?

Again, your reading comprehension sucks. I never said "they can't stop acting a fool"--never even once said that. My statement was in regards to WHITE people which I made very clear. I also said (for the 2nd time now) that I said sometimes the stereotypes are right more times than not. That is entirely different than all stereotypes are right more times than not. I will say this one more time, please get back on subject in this thread. If you wish to engage me on this personal level (because quite frankly you are harassing me at this point) then please do so in PM's).

My stance is and has been the cop was 100% wrong and deserves any and all punishment coming his way. All this other stuff you are spewing is highly peripheral and should be in PM's. I've asked you nicely so how about showing you are an adult, okay?

Mentioning COPS several posts AFTER your acting the fool comment was not your point. Especially when YOUR history is of the same nature in reference to another race.

If you don't want to discuss your public comments in public, don't post them in public. If you feel harrassed(which is certainly laughable), ignore is there for a reason. Just because something hits home, that doesn't make it harrassment. You aren't entitled to an atmosphere of everyone powdering your butt, bro.

Let's just sweep it under the rug......