White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-hopeful-there-will-be-equally-random-chance,38397/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Nation Hopeful There Will Be Equally Random Chance Of Justice For Future Victims Of Police Abuse

WASHINGTON—Describing the murder charges brought against a white South Carolina police officer who was filmed shooting an unarmed black man as an encouraging step in the right direction, the American populace reported Wednesday they were hopeful that future victims of police abuse would have an equally random chance of receiving justice. “The number of law enforcement officers who have shot unarmed civilians and gone free over the past year has been extremely discouraging, but the fact that this policeman was arrested so swiftly shows that there can be justice for victims so long as a bystander is nearby, has a camera phone on them, captures the whole interaction, and several dozen other circumstances play out in the precise sequence,” said North Charleston, SC resident Jenine Williams, echoing the sentiments of millions of Americans who told reporters they have faith that, as long as a fair-minded eyewitness happens to be passing by at the exact right time; has the inclination to stop and film; an unobstructed view; enough battery life and memory on their phone; a steady hand; the forethought to start filming an interaction with the police before it escalates into violence; is close enough to get detailed footage, but far enough away to avoid being shot themselves or seen by the officer and potentially having their phone confiscated; and it is daytime, then justice would certainly be served. “I have a 17-year-old son who I worry about every day when he heads out into our neighborhood. But now I can take heart knowing that if, God forbid, he were ever in a situation like this, there would be a tiny fraction of a chance that every single element would fall into place and my family would receive the fair and just legal outcome we deserve.” The nation added that they were also hopeful the situation would change the behavior of police officers by making them look around to see if anyone was filming them before they moved from excessive to lethal force.

Typical T response. You say something with a clear meaning, and when you're called out on it, you act like a 12 year old and say "SMH that's not what I said."

Because he as normal put words in my mouth that I never said and meaning I never intended.

Because he as normal put words in my mouth that I never said and meaning I never intended.

You say things just so you can complain about people putting words in your mouth. Your singular goal in responding to this thread is acquiring negative attention from people who you've trained to expect absolutely nothing from you except ignorance and bile. You are using this man's death to validate your feelings about posters on a message board.

You've got a point there. But, that doesn't mean we should grab our ankles and think of Christmas and puppies every time a cop comes around.

We shouldnt run from them when they say stop, either. We shouldn't assault them. We shouldn't verbally lose our **** on them. The suggestions otherwise in this thread are pathetic.

We shouldnt run from them when they say stop, either. We shouldn't assault them. We shouldn't verbally lose our **** on them. The suggestions otherwise in this thread are pathetic.

They shouldn't shoot us if we do those things(Wel minus assault them that is)is the general feeling I get from this thread personally.This is a board populated by mainly civilians so you're generally going to get one side of the argument.

I realize I might as well be asking for the moon here, but I'd kind of hope the standard police are held to would reflect their duty to a civilized society rather than the equipment they've been given and the leeway they're granted by fellow officers and prosecutors. I bet the "good cops" that get talked about in these threads, the ones that wouldn't get caught on camera shooting someone eight times in the back because they wouldn't actually do that in that situation, feel about the same way, especially if they're concerned about the present culture of hostility resulting in a more dangerous climate for police, too.

you wouldnt have to raise taxes. Government is just like any other industry. The people on top make bank and everyone else gets screwed. Quit paying the big dogs so much and they could affors to pay cops a decent salary

you know the big dogs got to eat. That's why you will have to raise taxes. That's life