Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shotfather

White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

True but maybe it would stop some of these idiots from running which if the cops have to chase could put the cops life in danger. Pop them in the leg then there is no chase.

Where's a proper facepalm smiley when you need it....

True but maybe it would stop some of these idiots from running which if the cops have to chase could put the cops life in danger. Pop them in the leg then there is no chase.

and then the cop would be changed with attempted murder or aggravated assault. So the cycle continues smh

Nah just a personal opinion that cops should be able to shoot a person fleeing in the leg.

Potentially disabling them for life if shot in the wrong place? For RUNNING? You do also know that fatal injuries can include leg wounds, right?

Nah just a personal opinion that cops should be able to shoot a person fleeing in the leg.

SO if I got caught with a nick bag of weed and turned to run you think a cop should be able to shoot me for running from a misdemeanor? This thing called freedom isnt guaranteed. The second we allow stuff like that to go on our freedom is gone.

When you sign up to be a police officer, you understand the dangers. They know this when signing up. It is their job. Is it a dangerous one? Sure, but that doesn't mean we give them the authority to take short cuts by shooting their lil pistols every time there's an altercation.

As bad as I hate cops, it is the governments fault that stuff like this happens. There should be a certain level of education you have to reach to become a cop and then they should be paid a real salary. The way it is now, most cops have very little education after highschool, but you cant really blame them because they arent making enough to make it worth going to school. Make them atleast do a 2 year school and then pay them more cash and you would have better people becoming cops.

I hope there aren't any kids walking around where a guy ran off to, one of 'em might take a bullet to the head where an officer was aiming for a junkie's thigh.

As bad as I hate cops, it is the governments fault that stuff like this happens. There should be a certain level of education you have to reach to become a cop and then they should be paid a real salary. The way it is now, most cops have very little education after highschool, but you cant really blame them because they arent making enough to make it worth going to school. Make them atleast do a 2 year school and then pay them more cash and you would have better people becoming cops.

yeah you can blame them. They know when they supposed to use their gun and not. Shooting someone in the back isn't when you supposed to. Teachers are underpaid and stressed. Does that make it ok for a teacher to sleep with a 14 year old student?

yeah you can blame them. They know when they supposed to use their gun and not. Shooting someone in the back isn't when you supposed to. Teachers are underpaid and stressed. Does that make it ok for a teacher to sleep with a 14 year old student?

Is the teacher hot? Just curious....

not exactly what i meant. Ofcourse the cop should pay for his actions but the situation as a whole goes a lot deeper than this one dumbass cop.

not exactly what i meant. Ofcourse the cop should pay for his actions but the situation as a whole goes a lot deeper than this one dumbass cop.

i agree with that but they know the salary before they sign up. I know plenty of people with degrees that lack common sense and make horrible choices.

Should have just popped him in the leg and arrested him.

Yeah, the real world doesn't work like that. When cops pull their guns, they are trained to aim at center mass and keep firing until the target goes down and is no longer a threat.

i agree with that but they know the salary before they sign up. I know plenty of people with degrees that lack common sense and make horrible choices.

true but with salaries as low as a lot of them have, they are only getting people that have no other skills or options becoming cops. Pay them a real salary and let people feel like they can make a very good living doing it and they will get better people becoming cops. Make them pass an actual test about all the different laws and whatever else they will need to know for the job. We live in a country that can pay people 100 mil a year to play a sport. We should be ableto figure out how to pay cops a lot better than we do

true but with salaries as low as a lot of them have, they are only getting people that have no other skills or options becoming cops. Pay them a real salary and let people feel like they can make a very good living doing it and they will get better people becoming cops. Make them pass an actual test about all the different laws and whatever else they will need to know for the job. We live in a country that can pay people 100 mil a year to play a sport. We should be ableto figure out how to pay cops a lot better than we do

tv contracts pay players $100 million a year. You will have to raise taxes to do what you're suggesting. Most Americans are against raising taxes

And that is my view as well, not just regarding police officers but all public employees. Public employees have been demonized by politicians and had their pay and benefits targeted by legislators for far too long. We're expecting more work and knowledge while paying them less and less each year. Being a police officer is a professional job. It should be treated like that in terms of pay and benefits. Same for firefighters, school teachers, and all other public employees.

Don't expect the best and most professional people for these jobs when society and government continues to treat them like s***.

Yeah, the real world doesn't work like that. When cops pull their guns, they are trained to aim at center mass and keep firing until the target goes down and is no longer a threat.

T doesn't understand this real world you speak of.

comparing an accident (hitting someone walking along the interstate) and blatantly shooting someone running away from you is silly. There is no comparison at all of the two

They're both really bad ideas.

You guys have really twisted this situation. He was shot because he grabbed the cop's taser. That's why he was shot. He wasn't shot because he ran.

Now that doesn't make Scott's shooting ok. It's pretty clear that there was nolonger an imminent threat to the cop. Had he shot Scott while they scuffled, we wouldnt be here talking about it.

Some of you are just looking for a reason to skew this situation worse than it already is. It's sad, really.

Yeah, there's a lot of ways this situation could be worse than it is. It could have been a 12 year old with a cap gun and the killer could have the benefit of a much grainier video that made the aggressiveness of the victim in the moment he was killed ambiguous.

You guys have really twisted this situation. He was shot because he grabbed the cop's taser. That's why he was shot. He wasn't shot because he ran.

Now that doesn't make Scott's shooting ok. It's pretty clear that there was nolonger an imminent threat to the cop. Had he shot Scott while they scuffled, we wouldnt be here talking about it.

Some of you are just looking for a reason to skew this situation worse than it already is. It's sad, really.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of right now the only evidence Walker grabbed for his taser is the officer's own account? I've seen in articles it's in the police report, and after he was arrested, but before the video was released, the officer's attorney said that what happened.

I finally watched the video, and I didn't want to, but I wanted to see for myself the alleged struggle. It's not shown on the cell phone video. They're close to one another as they come into the frame, and that's it as far as what the video shows.

tv contracts pay players $100 million a year. You will have to raise taxes to do what you're suggesting. Most Americans are against raising taxes

you wouldnt have to raise taxes. Government is just like any other industry. The people on top make bank and everyone else gets screwed. Quit paying the big dogs so much and they could affors to pay cops a decent salary

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of right now the only evidence Walker grabbed for his taser is the officer's own account? I've seen in articles it's in the police report, and after he was arrested, but before the video was released, the officer's attorney said that what happened.

The witness said the two were on the ground scuffling prior to him videoing. I think I did pick up from the police report, which clearly shouldnt be trusted in this case, that Scott had grabbed the cop's taser.