White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

Imagine if in a way to stop jaywalking, cops started shooting offenders upon seeing them do so. Now imagine somebody saying "if they don't want to get shot, they shouldn't jaywalk!" That to me is the same as condoning a rogue cop killing an African American because the man chose to run.

T-Falcon, I'm certainly not saying you said this, but believe it or not, some are. I was just linked to a conservative message board on Facebook that is almost unanimously defending the police officer simply because the man didn't follow orders.

What's so hard about following orders from police? I've never run from a police officer, and guess what, I've never been shot. I'm also not a criminal but whatever. Let's keep attacking those that keep us safe.

What's so hard about following orders from police? I've never run from a police officer, and guess what, I've never been shot. I'm also not a criminal but whatever. Let's keep attacking those that keep us safe.

i have ran away from the police and i wasn't shot. And not all cops are here to keep you safe. Only the ignorant will think that

So, are you gonna tell me when being murdered by police became legal action for fleeing them or nah?

Good Lord. Nobody said it was legal. It's just a really bad idea. Sort of like walking along the side of the interstate doesn't allow anyone to legally hit you. You're just an idiot for doing it.

It seems that in this ****** up climate of militarization police combined with a training doctrine that teaches "us vs. them, shoot first and ask questions later," you ARE asking to be shot when you run.

Whether or not T meant that though is up for debate.

In this climate, is anyone surprised to see a black man run from a white cop? Anyone?

Good Lord. Nobody said it was legal. It's just a really bad idea. Sort of like walking along the side of the interstate doesn't allow anyone to legally hit you. You're just an idiot for doing it.

comparing an accident (hitting someone walking along the interstate) and blatantly shooting someone running away from you is silly. There is no comparison at all of the two

not a good idea at all to run from a cop. You are bringing attention to yourself. And bringing attention to yourself is bad when dealing with cops

The punishment for running is not death. Therefore, no one is asking to be shot. That is not the supposed penalty. For people to now act like "he was asking for it" is sickening and transparent.

Edited by Mèφhì§τö

And it's not surprising which way you want to lean now. Just go all the way. Don't tease.

I lean with the law. The guy running was an idiot and he broke the law obviously more than once with outstanding warrants and should have been arrested, but he did NOT deserve to be shot in the back. The cop committed a crime by killing an unarmed man who was running away from him.

I agree but not everyone does. He was scared, he had an outstanding warrant, it was not the smartest decision at the moment he could have made, but he did not deserve to be shot in the back for minor infractions.

I lean with the law. The guy running was an idiot and he broke the law obviously more than once with outstanding warrants and should have been arrested, but he did NOT deserve to be shot in the back. The cop committed a crime by killing an unarmed man who was running away from him.

The law never states that the punishment for running away is to be shot and killed. Therefore, "he asked for it" is just stupid.

Another one of my problems with suggesting this was even 1% the victim's fault is the idea that a civilian has to take into consideration that a cop might be a monumentally poor decision maker and it's up to the civilian to not force an officer to have to interpret a situation. A lot of these cases are made to seem more ambiguous than they are because the cop (or, you know, Zimmerman) created or helped create the context in which they ended up killing someone, who then no longer has a side of the story to dispute the killer's.

Moral of the story:

If you're black:

1. Don't run.
  2. Don't resist.
  3. Don't say a word.
  4. Don't stand your ground.
  5. Don't hold toy guns.
  6. Don't have a pellet gun.
  7. Don't sell cigarettes.
  8. Don't reach in your vehicle for your registration when the cop asks(conflicts with rule # 2)

"Well you see, I'm white and I've never had a problem with the cops so obviously the fault lies with the victim. Just be a good boy and roll over."

Moral of the story:

If you're black:

• Don't run.
  • Don't resist.
  • Don't say a word.
  • Don't stand your ground.
  • Don't hold toy guns.
  • Don't have a pellet gun.
  • Don't sell cigarettes.
  • Don't reach in your vehicle for your registration when the cop asks(conflicts with rule # 2)
"Well you see, I'm white and I've never had a problem with the cops so obviously the fault lies with the victim. Just be a good boy and roll over."
Lol rule #1 always be a victim even if you are the aggressor

The punishment for running is not death. Therefore, no one is asking to be shot. That is not the supposed penalty. For people to now act like "he was asking for it" is sickening and transparent.

i know he wasn't asking for it. He wouldn't have ran if he thought he would get shot I'm sure

Lol rule #1 always be a victim even if you are the aggressor

You may want to learn the law a little more that you support. There are cases where you can be killed for running. All it takes is, "he was dangerous." Where has your head been the last year?