White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

This comment isn't surprising.

The statement is true though. Doesn't mean the act itself is correct, just a statement of fact. If you decide to run, fight, etc. cops will take the offensive. Again, that doesn't justify the act but the statement is unfortunately true.

What's sad is he ran on a broken taillight because he didn't pay child support for the kids he voluntarily brought into this world and didn't want to go to jail. Guy isn't saint by any means but also didn't deserve to get shot in the back and have his rights completely violated...

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is systematic. The only reason they are throwing this guy to the wolves without a fight is this video, but I promise you it would be a different story otherwise.

Eating butt is what's hot in the streets right now.

Way past time to mount cameras on these supercops.

I think we're playing a game of semantics if we're arguing that T was being consistent by saying he didn't deserve to be shot, but anyone is asking to be shot if they run.

That's hilarious. You aren't asking to be shot by running. WTF. Running away is basic self-preservation.

And I like how it's dumbed down to black and white when we DO have the right to resist, fight and run if excessive force is ever used at any point. So NO, you aren't asking to be shot just by running or by fighting and etc. But it's either bend over or the alternative, right?laugh.png

No it isn't.

So how do you dispute the rest of the post that you didn't quote for some reason? There was nothing unlawful about the attempted apprehension itself. Guy had a busted taillight and then chose to run because he had outstanding warrants. There's nothing unlawful about the actual apprehension so yes, Scott had no legal ground to evade being arrested. He chose to run. Now what happened after that fact is 100% on the officer. You have a 50 year old unarmed man running away from you. There is no imminent threat and a simple pursuit in conjunction with other officers would have brought him to arrest without killing him. This officer just got gung-ho and for whatever his reasons may be (obviously wrong), decided to shoot.

Wow I love how you focused on one part. Let me break this down for the simpletons or perhaps just agenda driven maniacs.

1. He did not deserve to be shot while unarmed and running

2. People need to stop being stupid and messing with someone who has a gun in their hand. Who just had who knows what kind of a day.

Edited by T-Falcon

That's hilarious. You aren't asking to be shot by running. WTF. Running away is basic self-preservation.

And I like how it's dumbed down to black and white when we DO have the right to resist, fight and run if excessive force is ever used at any point. So NO, you aren't asking to be shot just by running or by fighting and etc. But it's either bend over or the alternative, right?laugh.png

It seems that in this ****** up climate of militarization police combined with a training doctrine that teaches "us vs. them, shoot first and ask questions later," you ARE asking to be shot when you run.

Whether or not T meant that though is up for debate.

Link to excessive force that led him to run? You do not have the right to resist a lawful arrest.

If only our society could find itself populated by those that don't need to be told to bow to authority at any possible opportunity. We wouldn't even need police, people could just write the check to the state after driving around with a broken tail light.

You have no right to resist arrest.

You have no right to run.

You have no right to assault police officers.

All of these carry legal penalties and if people would stop doing them we would mousy likely have less police shootings.just saying

If only there were punishments for those kinds of missteps that don't involve being shot.

I guess people are either innocent, or will be shot. What do we need tickets and courts for?

If only there were punishments for those kinds of missteps that don't involve being shot.

I guess people are either innocent, or will be shot. What do we need tickets and courts for?

There is a force continuum as opposed to a force dividing line for a reason. The officer was authorized to use force. But not deadly force.

Apart from the shooting itself, the thing I find most horrifying thing about this video is how he nonchalantly plants the taser next to the body - in front of another officer, no less - as if standard operating procedure.

I have no idea if this is truly why, but I'm assuming this is a large part of the reason they skipped the GJ and just indicted him on murder.

One of my (many) problems with suggesting this was even 1% the fault of the victim is the idea that a cop has some reasoning to shoot a 50 year old man if he runs. What's the absolute worst-case scenario of not shooting him? He gets away and they have to put out a warrant for his arrest, and the cop catches some flak for being outrun by a much older man? Plus they have to call the company that tows cars and have some officers ask around for his whereabouts? It isn't always black-and-white when a cop shoots someone, specifically if someone's life is in danger, but this cop shot a guy for pissing him off and giving him more paperwork than he probably expected when he pulled the guy over. There isn't a scenario where that's less than cold-blooded murder.