White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

If the guy didn't hear the officer what prompted him to turn around? Why didn't he stop walking and try to figure out why the cop had a gun drawn on him? Guy turns around with his hands in his pockets, officer is in a bad spot there. It would be nice to be able to know the guy was unarmed but that's not possible. That's my first thoughts from the video. I'd have to know the context of the incident which the op page doesn't give...

laugh.png

If the guy didn't hear the officer what prompted him to turn around? Why didn't he stop walking and try to figure out why the cop had a gun drawn on him? Guy turns around with his hands in his pockets, officer is in a bad spot there. It would be nice to be able to know the guy was unarmed but that's not possible. That's my first thoughts from the video. I'd have to know the context of the incident which the op page doesn't give...

He had his hands in his waist band and partially lifted his shirt. Bottom line though, is that the guy turned around to the guy pointing a gun at him and screaming. We've trained our police force to have itchy trigger fingers and a shock and awe approach to dealing with suspects. There's a reason why our police force had more documented kills in a month or two than some countries have had over several decades.

was the officer justified in his actions?

He had his hands in his waist band and partially lifted his shirt. Bottom line though, is that the guy turned around to the guy pointing a gun at him and screaming. We've trained our police force to have itchy trigger fingers and a shock and awe approach to dealing with suspects. There's a reason why our police force had more documented kills in a month or two than some countries have had over several decades.

I don't disagree that there's a problem, I'm just not certain that this one incident is one of them...

But you can clearly see why! If the man was a black male charging that cop, I can guarantee the policeman would have emptied the clip on him!

Sadly, the police apologists are all focusing on the fact that you said clip instead of magazine

The two are intertwined. If you are currently hiring ten thousand new people a year and then boost that up to one hundred thousand, who trains the extra ninety thousand?

Except that cops aren't in high supply. We've been cutting their benefits and cutting manpower. Pulling excuses out of your butt may sound good but it doesn't really prove anything when it's not true.

The two are intertwined. If you are currently hiring ten thousand new people a year and then boost that up to one hundred thousand, who trains the extra ninety thousand?

In today's atmosphere who would want to be a police officer? The vets know how bad it is out there now and they are just trying to ride this thing out until retirement. Maybe people who study criminology might want to pursue other avenues in police work like being a detective, police forensic analysts, a profiler, but a beat Officer, no way!

Except that cops aren't in high supply. We've been cutting their benefits and cutting manpower. Pulling excuses out of your butt may sound good but it doesn't really prove anything when it's not true.

Is that a fact? Are you saying that we have lowered the number of police officers?

Is that a fact? Are you saying that we have lowered the number of police officers?

It's not a secret that police departments are overworked and undermanned. What country have you been living in?

Edited by Ösiris

In today's atmosphere who would want to be a police officer? The vets know how bad it is out there now and they are just trying to ride this thing out until retirement. Maybe people who study criminology might want to pursue other avenues in police work like being a detective, police forensic analysts, a profiler, but a beat Officer, no way!

So how bad is it out there? How many officers have been gunned down by civilians?

So how bad is it out there? How many officers have been gunned down by civilians?

That happens but that was not the point I was trying to convey. I don't know what you do for a living but imagine every move you made at work was gone over with a fine tooth comb with people that are looking for the smallest infraction of your daily routine in order to get you fired? That is where i was going with the previous statement.

A lot of "beat" officers aren't there by choice. They're either there because they are incapable of promotions, department politics or they're just new.

It's rather foolish to think officers are typically choosing to be a patrolman as their career.

We all have pressures at work. That is a really weak excuse.

In fact, I work in that exact circumstance and never once has it caused me to be sofa king stressed that I'd behave like an animal.

Not saying they are perfect but most our jobs do not entail such pressure. I think you will see less and less people wanting to be police officers...