Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shotfather

White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

593 posts in this topic

Or the problem is weak training.

The two are intertwined. If you are currently hiring ten thousand new people a year and then boost that up to one hundred thousand, who trains the extra ninety thousand?

The two are intertwined. If you are currently hiring ten thousand new people a year and then boost that up to one hundred thousand, who trains the extra ninety thousand?

Except that cops aren't in high supply. We've been cutting their benefits and cutting manpower. Pulling excuses out of your butt may sound good but it doesn't really prove anything when it's not true.

In today's atmosphere who would want to be a police officer? The vets know how bad it is out there now and they are just trying to ride this thing out until retirement. Maybe people who study criminology might want to pursue other avenues in police work like being a detective, police forensic analysts, a profiler, but a beat Officer, no way!

Except that cops aren't in high supply. We've been cutting their benefits and cutting manpower. Pulling excuses out of your butt may sound good but it doesn't really prove anything when it's not true.

Is that a fact? Are you saying that we have lowered the number of police officers?

Is that a fact? Are you saying that we have lowered the number of police officers?

It's not a secret that police departments are overworked and undermanned. What country have you been living in?

In today's atmosphere who would want to be a police officer? The vets know how bad it is out there now and they are just trying to ride this thing out until retirement. Maybe people who study criminology might want to pursue other avenues in police work like being a detective, police forensic analysts, a profiler, but a beat Officer, no way!

So how bad is it out there? How many officers have been gunned down by civilians?

So how bad is it out there? How many officers have been gunned down by civilians?

That happens but that was not the point I was trying to convey. I don't know what you do for a living but imagine every move you made at work was gone over with a fine tooth comb with people that are looking for the smallest infraction of your daily routine in order to get you fired? That is where i was going with the previous statement.

A lot of "beat" officers aren't there by choice. They're either there because they are incapable of promotions, department politics or they're just new.

It's rather foolish to think officers are typically choosing to be a patrolman as their career.

We all have pressures at work. That is a really weak excuse.

In fact, I work in that exact circumstance and never once has it caused me to be sofa king stressed that I'd behave like an animal.

We all have pressures at work. That is a really weak excuse.

In fact, I work in that exact circumstance and never once has it caused me to be sofa king stressed that I'd behave like an animal.

Not saying they are perfect but most our jobs do not entail such pressure. I think you will see less and less people wanting to be police officers...

If they can't handle the pressures of scrutiny in the office, it's good that they aren't on the street with weapons dealing with the pressures of the street. Working as intended.

If they can't handle the pressures of scrutiny in the office, it's good that they aren't on the street with weapons dealing with the pressures of the street. Working as intended.

Agreed, those are the ones we need to get off the street sooner rather than later!

There's not a lot of jobs anymore for people without education or marketable skills, so I don't think the labor pool for cops is gonna dry up anytime soon.

In 2014 there are 50 police officer shot to death.

Caring about the United States being the country with by far with the highest rate of lethal force used by police on civilians != not caring about police officers dying

This is what amazes me about those who always jump against those who speak out against police killings. They act is if caring about the fact that the United States has by far and away the highest use of deadly force against civilians in the western world takes away from caring about police officers killed in the line of duty. As if the average person just has a limited amount of sympathy to expend, and caring about this subject somehow means that they don't care about police officers.