Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shotfather

White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

593 posts in this topic

I don't know you. You come across as #2

7: There are white people that feel threatened when another of their race can acknowledge a racial issue. So they must exaggerate.

Bunchy Carter likes this

there is in today's society much oppression that is perpetuated on other races by themselves along with continued racism from every side.

This is orchestrated by passive discrimination and passive segregation. Look at any city. You have your "Mexican area," your "Black area" and everything else. People accept it as the norm. People commit crimes by proximity so therefore they turn on each other.

There are people that try to resist the cycle of discrimination and ignorance and, at times, are crucified for other people's sins. Every action has a reaction. Someone may see a typical face in the South and think we are just like every other. That is also natural but a thing to resist.

You won't get anywhere by finger pointing at the very people you need on your side to fight the real enemies. Get caught in the game. Throw out the "cops get treated badly, too" rhetoric. Watch that cycle turn.

Makaveli96 likes this

After being convicted, the cheating defendants were offered negotiated plea deals in lieu of the judge's sentence, which a couple of them accepted, and the judge even urged them all to accept the deals in lieu of his sentences. http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2015-04-13/judge-urges-ex-atlanta-educators-accept-sentencing-deals-test-cheating?v=1428959391

BTW, before you launch some misplaced reverse-racism crusade, consider the fact that District Attorney Paul Howard, the prosecuting attorney, is himself African American.

I'm not even going to get started with you over trying to piecemeal your moral framework of the allegedly "victimless crimes" (they weren't) vs. the crimes against people with criminal records. Like Walker, the victim in this case, who yes had a criminal record for several instances of contempt of court, but no violent crimes on his record.

This is the simple thing. We can keep using white people as the reason for all that ills blacks, yet nearly 150 years after slavery and 50 years after the civil rights movement, many of the same problems are being dealt with, and until someone in the black community realizes that the problems are cultural, we will deal with them for another 50 years. Rap music and the thug culture needs to go so black males can have more positive influences in their lives. Fathers, education, science, there are so many successful black people who cannot get the attention that the rappers and athletes do.

50 years of affirmative action, favorable access to education, welfare, and other sorts of programs has not done it. However, the bigger problem coming is when Hispanics and Asians acquire a whole lot more power within the next 25 to 50 years. The white guilt thing cannot be used against them, and they will probably be a whole lot less sympathetic to blacks complaints.

There is a closing window, and if things go the next fifty years like the last fifty years, things could get worse for blacks. Call me whatever name you like, but a new breed of black leadership is needed desperately. Yes, a cop murdered a black man. He should go down, and he will, but acting like that is the panacea of what ills some parts of the black community is naive and just ignorant. Get it done now or the future majority may not be willing to even care.

I, again, want to point out that black females are the least represented demographic in this country. Black people and leadership are so misguided that black thugs shot by cops get more support and voices then black females who are far more deserving of a voice.

The Atlanta cheating scandal has bothered me ever since I saw all the photos with all the black female teachers, who are being prosecuted under RICO, a law designed to take down the mafia. They face major jail time, and the one who was in charge is dead. I believe most of these teachers to be good people who were forced to do something by higher ups and are being prosecuted to send a message, but I think it is just to harsh. As if this is the only district that has cheated.

No, I do not condone cheating, so why does it bother me? Well, this is why. These women are hardly dangers to society. They cheated the kids, but these women are redeemable. They contributed to society. Sending them to prison for this would really do nothing but remove good people, who did not commit violence of any sort, who did not steal anything, who were simply put in a bad position by those in power, from a society that needs them.

Contrast that to the black males that have been shot of late who were not only not contributing to society, but most likely just taking away from it. Despite the fact all had records, or had been suspected of criminal activity, or had warrants, they got screaming voices and protest on their behalf. They got support as if they were pillars of the community, and I know these black females wish they could muster only a fraction of that, but no one seems to care.

How screwed up is that????

So black females and the cheating scandal have what to do with this again?

2. All cops are racist murderers who only kill black people

3. All white people should feel race guilt for what some other white people.

And who here fits these two categories? Beat on that straw man.

Makaveli96 likes this

This is the simple thing. We can keep using white people as the reason for all that ills blacks, yet nearly 150 years after slavery and 50 years after the civil rights movement, many of the same problems are being dealt with, and until someone in the black community realizes that the problems are cultural, we will deal with them for another 50 years. Rap music and the thug culture needs to go so black males can have more positive influences in their lives. Fathers, education, science, there are so many successful black people who cannot get the attention that the rappers and athletes do.

50 years of affirmative action, favorable access to education, welfare, and other sorts of programs has not done it. However, the bigger problem coming is when Hispanics and Asians acquire a whole lot more power within the next 25 to 50 years. The white guilt thing cannot be used against them, and they will probably be a whole lot less sympathetic to blacks complaints.

There is a closing window, and if things go the next fifty years like the last fifty years, things could get worse for blacks. Call me whatever name you like, but a new breed of black leadership is needed desperately. Yes, a cop murdered a black man. He should go down, and he will, but acting like that is the panacea of what ills some parts of the black community is naive and just ignorant. Get it done now or the future majority may not be willing to even care.

Oh. My. Goodness.

"They've had gub'mint cheese for 50 years, they should have pulled themselves up by their boot straps like the rest of us God fearin' folks."

Bunchy Carter likes this

IAM51 strikes me as the kind of guy that read Rising Sun and was terrified by its tremendously deep, intellectual commentary on Japanese takeover of American society.

Very good post however you can't discount the emotional and mental impact that losing friends in the line of fire has on an individual that is put in the same situations repeatedly.while it is they're job they're not superhuman.

You also can't find justification in another person's needless death simply because someone you know was killed.

IAM51 strikes me as the kind of guy that read Rising Sun and was terrified by its tremendously deep, intellectual commentary on Japanese takeover of American society.

Wasn't that the Sean Connery/Wesley Snipes movie?

Wasn't that the Sean Connery/Wesley Snipes movie?

An all-time classic in Western Art, right up there with that Rob Thomas single.

Because that is the only side of the police this board ever focuses on and with guys like gorillapmping calling for people to kill the cops because they aren't protecting anyone but themselves only reinforces that poisonous mentality.

Then your energy might be better served also trying to prevent the injustices that cause reactions like that instead of complaining about the reaction?

Personally I'm outraged that our board focuses so centrally on the "murder" aspect of police brutality in a thread about a cop shooting an unarmed man in the back and then planting a weapon on him, if we hadn't then spent this entire thread arguing about the role of race in this and similar incidents and the complications of the job police are tasked with as both officers of the law and human beings, we really should have had a discussion about the role of race in this and similar incidents, and perhaps some of the complications of the job police are tasked with, as both officers of the law and human beings.

Then your energy might be better served also trying to prevent the injustices that cause reactions like that instead of complaining about the reaction?

Or perhaps you could actually contribute ideas as to how to fix the problems instead of condemning everyone else who has an opinion contrary to yours?

silentbob1272 likes this

Or perhaps you could actually contribute ideas as to how to fix the problems instead of condemning everyone else who has an opinion contrary to yours?

Or I could cruise through Macon 10% of the time and pass judgment on everyone I don't know while 90% of the time being a hermit that buries nickles.

Bunchy Carter likes this

That's very specific do you do that often? Lol

Sure. I put on a police hat, a Ron Paul sticker badge and a money clip and patrol the hoods. Not that I ever use the money. I just like to have it so I can say I have it and I know they want it.

Personally I'm outraged that our board focuses so centrally on the "murder" aspect of police brutality in a thread about a cop shooting an unarmed man in the back and then planting a weapon on him, if we hadn't then spent this entire thread arguing about the role of race in this and similar incidents and the complications of the job police are tasked with as both officers of the law and human beings, we really should have had a discussion about the role of race in this and similar incidents, and perhaps some of the complications of the job police are tasked with, as both officers of the law and human beings.

serge you did it, you turned a sentence into a paragraph!

Or I could cruise through Macon 10% of the time and pass judgment on everyone I don't know while 90% of the time being a hermit that buries nickles.

Or you could just be the prick that you are acting like to everyone who disagrees with you...

Can't wait to buy our next house to ruin the home values in the area... Just hope they don't file a false report against me to get them to raid my house...

Is there any doubt this guy isn't a troll?