Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shotfather

White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

593 posts in this topic

Then why post flawed data to prove your point? I missed something. Can't shift the burden of proof to me when you posted the info! Also, when I stated earlier the blacks and whites were statistically dam near the same, I was referring to the stat where 80 (something) percent of blacks die at the hands of other blacks, but for whites killing whites, it was in the mid-seventies (IIRC).

are you really irritated because I tried to verify information that you posted? you made a claim, I went and and looked for info. I posted what I found, expressed doubts about its accuracy, and asked where you got your info

why is that a problem?

Why don't we post all the videos where people kill and attack cops? How about videos where they go after police officers families? How about we post those along with these videos to keep it in perspective

No one is stopping you.

are you really irritated because I tried to verify information that you posted? you made a claim, I went and and looked for info. I posted what I found, expressed doubts about its accuracy, and asked where you got your info

why is that a problem?

Irritated? Really? Actually, I'm laughing at you, and I'll explain why. Is this your statement:

Those ratios are nowhere near equal or within acceptable statistical margin of error.

If I am looking at the wrong statistics, please let me know.

Sounds like a definitive statement to me and you asked me to show you where you were wrong too (and I see your last sentence too)! So, in other words, you admit that your data was flawed, but you went with that anyway, but I'm supposed to be angry because of that fatal flaw in your argument? Enlighten me please!

But, I'll admit, that even I was off with my numbers (notice, I always say IIRC when I'm coming from memory), but I give you this (he!!, I don't know how to cut/paste without the highlights). Let me get out of this post and come back.:

James S. Robbins’ response to the Zimmerman trial uses FBI data to prove this fact. In his article, “White on Black Murder: Who Really is Killing Whom?” he states the following: According to the most recent (2011) FBI statistics, of the 2,695 murders in which the victim was black, 91% were committed by people of the same race. Odds are if the victim was wearing a hoodie, the perp was too. The same pattern of interracial violence holds for whites. 83 percent of white murders in 2011 were within-race killings, and only 14% were black on white. These data tell us that murder in America is decidedly not a matter of racial hatred.”

Irritated? Really? Actually, I'm laughing at you, and I'll explain why. Is this your statement:

Those ratios are nowhere near equal or within acceptable statistical margin of error.

Sounds like a definitive statement to me! So, in other words, you admit that your data was flawed, but you went with that anyway, but I'm supposed to be angry because of that fatal flaw in your argument. Enlighten me please!

But, I'll admit, that even I was off with my numbers (notice, I always say IIRC when I'm coming from memory), but I give you this (he!!, I don't know how to cut/paste without the highlights). Let me get out of this post and come back.:

James S. Robbins’ response to the Zimmerman trial uses FBI data to prove this fact. In his article, “White on Black Murder: Who Really is Killing Whom?” he states the following: According to the most recent (2011) FBI statistics, of the 2,695 murders in which the victim was black, 91% were committed by people of the same race. Odds are if the victim was wearing a hoodie, the perp was too. The same pattern of interracial violence holds for whites. 83 percent of white murders in 2011 were within-race killings, and only 14% were black on white. These data tell us that murder in America is decidedly not a matter of racial hatred.”

So again, I was off because I was coming from memory! Your data, I have no clue, but I will say this, I don't know why the government is having trouble classifying Hispanics (not a race, but you already know this), but didn't have a problem classifying blacks (born in the U.S.) with the one drop rule. Pure data manipulation to me!

But you do realize that you've proven the point that several of us tried to make in this thread, right? Good people being mislead that know better, because otherwise, to go with data that you know is manipulated to counter what I said doesn't make sense, but you say you knew?????

But again, stop projecting, but please articulate to me what was the purpose of quoting me, because I am truly perplexed as to your intent.

So again, I was off because I was coming from memory! Your data, I have no clue, but I will say this, I don't know why the government is having trouble classifying Hispanics (not a race, but you already know this), but didn't have a problem classifying blacks (born in the U.S.) with the one drop rule. Pure data manipulation to me!

But you do realize that you've proven the point that several of us tried to make in this thread, right? Good people being mislead that know better.............

But again, stop projecting, but please articulate to me what was the purpose of quoting me, because I am truly perplexed as to your intent.

Let me see if I can link to the entire article. Hope this works:

http://breakingbrown.com/2014/03/white-on-white-crime-is-on-the-rise-so-wheres-the-outrage/

The problem is not 1 thing but a whole host of things one of which is our plutocracy run media that wants to make sure you keep fighting about race instead of looking at why there is an ever growing gap in wealth distribution in america. It's a magic trick. Keep looking at race and keep looking at the political parties while I take your money and your rights.

Except, there is systemic racism in this country. Yeah, class is the biggest divider in this country, but ignoring the racial aspect of some of the problems in this country is silly.

There's all sorts of racism in this country.

All black people are criminals

All white people are racist white devils

All Mexicans are illegals

Classism is a far more prevalent and dangerous situation with even greater impact seeing as it effects the entire population regardless of race, religion, politics or sexual orientation.

Deflection. Systemic racism against minorities, especially blacks, exists in this country. It's a problem that should be addressed.

Bunchy Carter likes this

Why don't we post all the videos where people kill and attack cops? How about videos where they go after police officers families? How about we post those along with these videos to keep it in perspective

How does that in anyway alleviate the responsibilities of the cops in question? What does that have to do with the fact that there's a problem with a lot of cops today?

So because someone may go after a cops family(show it), that makes it ok for people to be shot and killed? No more crack.

But you do realize that you've proven the point that several of us tried to make in this thread, right? Good people being mislead that know better, because otherwise, to go with data that you know is manipulated to counter what I said doesn't make sense, but you say you knew?????

you made a statement about statistics without listing a source or even stating the specific type of crime you were referencing. I went to check it myself and posted what I found and questioned its accuracy. no more, no less. it is the same thing that is done here all the time except this particular time you have an issue with it

why do you have an issue with someone posting government statistics and at the same time questioning its validity? or asking you to provide correct information or the facts behind the statement you made?

you made a statement about statistics without listing a source or even stating the specific type of crime you were referencing. I went to check it myself and posted what I found and questioned its accuracy. no more, no less. it is the same thing that is done here all the time except this particular time you have an issue with it

why do you have an issue with someone posting government statistics and at the same time questioning its validity? or asking you to provide correct information or the facts behind the statement you made?

Dago, let's redo this, and I'll try to be clearer this time:

(It appears) you're asking me to defend info I didn't write or cite! As for discussing it, what is there to discuss, it is obvious that the info was flawed, I pointed that out and you said that you knew it. The only people that will be mad when Uncle Sam finally (properly) classify Hispanics (or Latino's, IONO) are Cubans and euro-spaniards. Do I think it's neferious, I "think" the FBI got caught up in bureaucracy, but even they realize the error! Furthermore, I came back into this thread where you quoted me, but there were others that picked up on the flaw too, only more nuanced, but they thought it was BS too! Where's the problem? You act as if someone is here in D.C. with some and flames coming out of their ears mad at you, it's neither! I was being honest when I asked you to help me understand where you were coming from. So, where did we go wrong?

It does not excuse him in any way. He is guilty. Im simply asking why we have a discrimination against cops here. We only post the bad things some of them do here. Thats just as bad as any other discrimination.

Because cops are the servants. They are held to a higher standard because of a higher responsibility and duty to serve the public?

Dago, let's redo this, and I'll try to be clearer this time:

(It appears) you're asking me to defend info I didn't write or cite! As for discussing it, what is there to discuss, it is obvious that the info was flawed, I pointed that out and you said that you knew it. The only people that will be mad when Uncle Sam finally (properly) classify Hispanics (or Latino's, IONO) are Cubans and euro-spaniards. Do I think it's neferious, I "think" the FBI got caught up in bureaucracy, but even they realize the error! Furthermore, I came back into this thread where you quoted me, but there were others that picked up on the flaw too, only more nuanced, but they thought it was BS too! Where's the problem? You act as if someone is here in D.C. with some and flames coming out of their ears mad at you, it's neither! I was being honest when I asked you to help me understand where you were coming from. So, where did we go wrong?

Andrew, this is specifically what I was addressing from Post 401

To be honest, dam near everything that is blamed on blacks (for example, crime and welfare), we are either statistically equal to whites (or within the margin of error), or whites outnumber blacks by far, but you wouldn't know it by watching TV, listening to talk radio or politics (again, IMNSHO), which plays a LARGE role in shaping the minds of a lot of people, both good and bad, and perpetuating (mostly negative) stereotypes of black people!

It looks like a case of simple mis-communication. When you made this statement, it seemed like you were making a definitive declaration for all crime in general....not just inter-racial. Obviously, as you stated, this goes against everything we are told and shown in the media so I went searching but all I found were the FBI stats. I posted the results of my search, stated that it seems flawed, and asked where your info for this statement came from which clarified in post #421 at the beginning of this page.

We haven't ever had a problem and I apologize if it came as negative

Andrews_31 likes this

I, again, want to point out that black females are the least represented demographic in this country. Black people and leadership are so misguided that black thugs shot by cops get more support and voices then black females who are far more deserving of a voice.

The Atlanta cheating scandal has bothered me ever since I saw all the photos with all the black female teachers, who are being prosecuted under RICO, a law designed to take down the mafia. They face major jail time, and the one who was in charge is dead. I believe most of these teachers to be good people who were forced to do something by higher ups and are being prosecuted to send a message, but I think it is just to harsh. As if this is the only district that has cheated.

No, I do not condone cheating, so why does it bother me? Well, this is why. These women are hardly dangers to society. They cheated the kids, but these women are redeemable. They contributed to society. Sending them to prison for this would really do nothing but remove good people, who did not commit violence of any sort, who did not steal anything, who were simply put in a bad position by those in power, from a society that needs them.

Contrast that to the black males that have been shot of late who were not only not contributing to society, but most likely just taking away from it. Despite the fact all had records, or had been suspected of criminal activity, or had warrants, they got screaming voices and protest on their behalf. They got support as if they were pillars of the community, and I know these black females wish they could muster only a fraction of that, but no one seems to care.

How screwed up is that????

Zaphod likes this

I, again, want to point out that black females are the least represented demographic in this country. Black people and leadership are so misguided that black thugs shot by cops get more support and voices then black females who are far more deserving of a voice.

The Atlanta cheating scandal has bothered me ever since I saw all the photos with all the black female teachers, who are being prosecuted under RICO, a law designed to take down the mafia. They face major jail time, and the one who was in charge is dead. I believe most of these teachers to be good people who were forced to do something by higher ups and are being prosecuted to send a message, but I think it is just to harsh. As if this is the only district that has cheated.

No, I do not condone cheating, so why does it bother me? Well, this is why. These women are hardly dangers to society. They cheated the kids, but these women are redeemable. They contributed to society. Sending them to prison for this would really do nothing but remove good people, who did not commit violence of any sort, who did not steal anything, who were simply put in a bad position by those in power, from a society that needs them.

Contrast that to the black males that have been shot of late who were not only not contributing to society, but most likely just taking away from it. Despite the fact all had records, or had been suspected of criminal activity, or had warrants, they got screaming voices and protest on their behalf. They got support as if they were pillars of the community, and I know these black females wish they could muster only a fraction of that, but no one seems to care.

You can blame the media and the moral decline of this country for that.

Great post.

That is just bait. Sly attempt to troll without actually saying, "we're better off without them."

You can blame the media and the moral decline of this country for that.

Great post.

Also bait.

Area51, why don't you post here more? I always enjoy reading your contributions but you don't post often and I'm stuck reading the filth posted by serge and a few others.

I'll be honest, as a 12 year old that spent all his time staring at all the glowing stars on his ceiling, blazing and listening to Pink Floyd, I always kind of wished I would one day grow up to be the kind of man that can look down on someone that was shot in the back because he had a warrant. I disgust myself with my childish sentimentality.

Area51, why don't you post here more? I always enjoy reading your contributions but you don't post often and I'm stuck reading the filth posted by serge and a few others.

I appreciate that, but the post above your's pretty well explains that. As you know, alternative view points are not tolerated much, so one gets harassed and insulted until you just go find something else to do. I do realize when I stop posting, it is exactly what they wanted in the first place. They want to dominate opinion here, and the more of the people like me they can run off, the better.

I try to pop in now and then, but I am hardly inclined to get back into those old, ugly, insulting "dialogues" anymore.

Zaphod likes this

We have people that are genuinely concerned with cops shooting people in the back, and we have people that split their time between decrying our lack of threads about dead cops and race-baiting for the **** of it. It's probably not an even split but more than once voice is heard.

Bunchy Carter likes this

You are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuny as all heII!!!!laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

After being convicted, the cheating defendants were offered negotiated plea deals in lieu of the judge's sentence, which a couple of them accepted, and the judge even urged them all to accept the deals in lieu of his sentences. http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2015-04-13/judge-urges-ex-atlanta-educators-accept-sentencing-deals-test-cheating?v=1428959391

BTW, before you launch some misplaced reverse-racism crusade, consider the fact that District Attorney Paul Howard, the prosecuting attorney, is himself African American.

I'm not even going to get started with you over trying to piecemeal your moral framework of the allegedly "victimless crimes" (they weren't) vs. the crimes against people with criminal records. Like Walker, the victim in this case, who yes had a criminal record for several instances of contempt of court, but no violent crimes on his record.

I appreciate that, but the post above your's pretty well explains that. As you know, alternative view points are not tolerated much, so one gets harassed and insulted until you just go find something else to do. I do realize when I stop posting, it is exactly what they wanted in the first place. They want to dominate opinion here, and the more of the people like me they can run off, the better.

I try to pop in now and then, but I am hardly inclined to get back into those old, ugly, insulting "dialogues" anymore.

I was going to say the same thing when I saw his post above mind LOL!

Your right though, by leaving and not giving your viewpoint they get exactly what they want. Don't be run off because of the childish insults of the kids here living in their moms basement.

4: Racial profiling is a problem in this country.

5: Blacks are being incarcerated at much higher rates.

6: Regardless if you care, it still affects you.(people like you like to call it "reverse racism) a cycle.