Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shotfather

White Cop Shoots Unarmed Black Guy In Back 8 Times, Plants Taser On Him. Just Another Day In America.

593 posts in this topic

So what you're saying is that blacks aren't responsible for a disproportionate amount of violent crime?

Question, why can't blacks be individuals instead of being lumped in with the criminals? These cops (now) aren't seeing criminals when they encounter black males, they're seeing demons and monsters! These cops, and unfortunately society, have been CONDITIONED to see the absolute worst in black people, to the point that your average black person minding his own business can get gunned down by these rogue azz cops and vigilantees. This BS has to stop! And anyone who is saying that this guy (Scott) caused his own death by running away from this cop is full of sh!t (edit: not aimed at you Kicker)!!! Get real!!

Question, why can't blacks be individuals instead of being lumped in with the criminals? These cops (now) aren't seeing criminals when they encounter black males, they're seeing demons and monsters! These cops (and unfortunately) society have been CONDITIONED to see the absolute worst in black people, to the point that your average black person minding his own business can get gunned down by these rogue azz cops and vigilantees. This BS has to stop! Any anyone who is saying that this guy (Scott) caused his own death by running away from this cop is full of sh!t!!! Get real!!

The fact the cop was white and the criminal was black had no bearing on this case except for those with an agenda.
Jimsmusic™ likes this

Exhibit A.

Believe me hoss, I'm not trying to dialogue with you at all, you quoted me, and I'm not the only one that thinks you are trolling. Good night!

One of us is in this thread because a man being murdered gave him an opportunity to antagonize people on this message board.

The fact the cop was white and the criminal was black had no bearing on this case except for those with an agenda.

The fact that you label the murderer as a cop and the victim as a criminal says alot about you honestly.So who is the criminal again?
JDaveG, silentbob1272, iQue and 1 other like this

The fact that you label the murderer as a cop and the victim as a criminal says alot about you honestly.So who is the criminal again?

So the guy with warrants is not a criminal? And the guy with a the badge was not a cop?
Jimsmusic™ likes this

Believe me hoss, I'm not trying to dialogue with you at all, you quoted me, and I'm not the only one that thinks you are trolling. Good night!

How exactly did I troll you "hoss"

So the guy with warrants is not a criminal? And the guy with a the badge was not a cop?

If we're purely speaking in past tense you could be right but past complaints on the officer make me think the guy with warrants wasn't the only criminal before the shooting.Now if we're talking about the video they'ree both criminals but their crimes don't compare.

Also tons of criminals have badges.

How exactly did I troll you "hoss"

Maybe you missed where the Moderator realized the game you were playing and knows you're going to get some good posters tossed if they play along with your silly game. Miss me with that BS, and again, good night to you!

Maybe you missed where the Moderator realized the game you were playing and knows you're going to get some good posters tossed if they play along with your silly game. Miss me with that BS, and again, good night to you!

That was not me hoss that was Worzone

As a white person I don't feel "responsible" for the disproportionate rate of hard drug use in my race compared to black people, much less the failure of law enforcement to recognize that predisposition and treat me as a likely junkie as a result, it'd be a tad unfair of me to acknowledge that and then say the African American race is "responsible" for both for a higher crime rate and experiencing police brutality as a result.

Just to expand on this point so we can get back to the last interesting part of this conversation, depending on the study and the year you're using, blacks could be considered more likely to use marijuana, ecstasy, and/or crack cocaine than whites, but whites do as much or more of virtually everything else, powder coke, heroin, meth, hallucinogens, etc., and as whites represent a much larger percentage of the population than blacks and put money into more expensive drugs, they represent a much bigger part of the drug trade than blacks. In addition, the federal government that has criminalized the drug trade and makes the underground economy as vibrant as it is, is also disproportionately white. The only part where blacks are a disproportionately large part of the equation is our prison population, where blacks are sent at a rate vastly disproportionate to their usage of drugs compared to whites. If we're blaming blacks for their perception in the eyes of the law, then we have to blame whites for fueling the drug trade and painting minorities as disproportionately responsible for violent crime in the U.S.

Now, I personally think that perspective fails to recognize a great deal of nuance in our society, class struggle, the difficulties of representative politics in the modern era, growing pains from attempting to address drug use when a template didn't exist for a society as big and as wealthy as ours, of course international politics and our, uh, "relationship" with Mexico, Central and South America over the last few decades, and it's simply not accurate or at all appropriate to turn it into a matter of one race being more prone to criminal activity. But if we have to pretend there's something morally ambiguous about a cop shooting a black man if it were cold-blooded murder had the man been white, then that conversation's necessarily going to end up a lot bigger and a lot uglier than one death.

As a black man I'm responsible for myself and myself only. What other black men do isn't my concern cause i can't control that. Now some people will lump me with the rest of them. I'm a single never married father of one. People have their stereotypes and I'm sure the ignorant ones have one for me. It's whatever. Control your actions cause you can't control how others perceive you.

Which one is in jail right now?

Question, why can't blacks be individuals instead of being lumped in with the criminals? These cops (now) aren't seeing criminals when they encounter black males, they're seeing demons and monsters! These cops, and unfortunately society, have been CONDITIONED to see the absolute worst in black people, to the point that your average black person minding his own business can get gunned down by these rogue azz cops and vigilantees. This BS has to stop! And anyone who is saying that this guy (Scott) caused his own death by running away from this cop is full of sh!t (edit: not aimed at you Kicker)!!! Get real!!

I do not think they are. What we get is the media publicizing white cops shooting black men, but the police interact with, I would guess, thousands more people each day of all colors without an incident. No one pays attention to that, despite the fact that the sheer number of people the police interact is bound, statistically speaking, to have a few end badly with either the cop or the person they are dealing with ending up hurt or dead.

I read stories of white suspects being shot by police with little fanfare to follow. I am not naive, there are cops who do think certain ways, including black cops. Do we think a black cop going into a redneck meth house would not have a stereotype of those inside? A white cop surely would.

They are cops, but they are human. They deal with nothing but bad people day in and day out. I have said many times, that there is not enough done to aid police in keeping a healthy mind whatever color they may be. White cop, black cop, Hispanic cop, it does not matter. A darkness can set in when all you see is the worst in humanity all the time.

As for Slager, I think he just snapped, pure and simple. There is nothing on this earth that would have most professional law enforcement think they could put eight bullets in the back of a person and explain it away. Color might not have had anything to do with it. Slager might have just been ready to go off, and Scott just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and after the struggle on the ground, Slager's rage took over.

As opposed to you stating the opposite as fact? Makes perfect sense.

I'm pretty sure if the cop didn't fire his weapon, the guy wouldn't have been shot. That's just common sense.

I never said it was equal. In reality, violent crime committed by blacks is a much much bigger problem.

Wait a second, didn't this guy have warrants over child support and not a single violent mark on his record?

Yeah, it's not like blacks are shot more than whites or anything. Nevermind that the guy isn't a violent criminal but that didn't stop the officer from assuming that he would be simply because he was black. Backwoods mindset.

Of course they are individuals. It isn't the race that is committing these crimes, it's person. Though I would argue atrongly that the black community bears a heavy burden in fixing the disproportionate crime, which should be noted is overwhelmingly intrarace.

On your second point, cops enter a situation and prejudice and training are at odds with one another. The cop that shot that guy just reaching for his license is a perfect example. That never happens if the guy is white. I don't know how that gets fixed conpletely until the prejudice is gone.

Wait a second, didn't this guy have warrants over child support and not a single violent mark on his record?

No he apparently did have an assault and battery charge like 20 years ago which I would say makes it pretty much irrelevant.

My point wasn't in relation to this instance. It was in discussion to the fact that black men are exponentially more likely to be killed by another black man than by a cop. It's a bigger problem by a wide margin but gets very little attention.

It was in discussion to the fact that black men are exponentially more likely to be killed by another black man .......................................

Kicker, are you referring to the stat that was released a few years ago that showed blacks are eighty (something) percent more likely to be killed by another black person.................but here's the kicker (see what I did there, hehehehe)..................that same study showed whites were more likely to be killed by another white person was in the high seventies (and that is never mentioned). Point being, we're just a violent society as a whole, and dam near the same statistically, so why are blacks singled out again for being hyper-violent?

Oh, as to your point that training plays a part in how these cops operate, I beg to differ. The fact that these cops are seeing demons, devils, and the hulk when they encounter ANY black male (I take that back, any person of color............see what happened to the Indian grandad in Alabama) is straight up conditioning, not training! Also, I appreciate that the conversation remains civil.