We Won't Be Picking As Low As 8 For A Long Time To Come.

parmenion

The anomoly of the last two seasons has been hard to figure out, other than being 10 yards from the Super Bowl and it breaking our hearts and spirits.

The new coaches and players should take us to new heights in short order.

Let's take the best pass rusher available.

There has been no anomaly, our defense has been terrible due to lack of talent. The GM is responsible for bringing in talent, and the coaches are responsible for coaching it.

No coach would have succeeded with the talent we had the last 2 years.

I like your optimism though.

Let's hope Dimitroff approves Pioli's draft selections

There has been no anomaly, our defense has been terrible due to lack of talent. The GM is responsible for bringing in talent, and the coaches are responsible for coaching it.

while I agree with some of this I also believe that there are roughly 30 other head coaches in the nfl that could have had us at 8 wins and in the playoffs without single handedly giving away 2 wins with horrible clock management. Edited by dirtybirds999

The world isn't black and white. So you cannot directly "blame" like that. The Falcons GM was charged with bringing in talent the coach wanted. After coaching in the senior bowl, Smitty clearly told TD he wanted Hageman and Southward. Thats obvious. We haven't drafted a pass rusher earlier than round 5 for the tenure of Smitty because Smitty clearly wanted to build a defense like he had in Jax with Henderson and Stroud. Big and bulky in the middle. Then you watch all the Jacksonville players and even Jacksonville coaches come to the team. Who do you think wanted that?

It's clear that Smitty had a very big hand in what players were brought in and drafted. Now that Quinn is here, look at what players have ben brought in. 4 Players with Seattle in their past. There is major belief we will take a pass rusher at #8 in the draft.

So did TD have a complete change, start picking Seattle players instead of Jacksonville player; start wanting edge rushers instead of middle DL beef? Or has it been the coach all along.

Evidence is showing you who actually has been picking players in Flowery Branch.

almost every D player we had was played out of position. Talent doesnt matter if you are playing the wrong position

while I agree with some of this I also believe that there are roughly 30 other head coaches in the nfl that could have had us at 8 wins and in the playoffs without single handedly giving away 2 wins with horrible clock management.

I had amazing seats for that Browns game and left the stadium livid.

while I agree with some of this I also believe that there are roughly 30 other head coaches in the nfl that could have had us at 8 wins and in the playoffs without single handedly giving away 2 wins with horrible clock management.

I tend to disagree, especially after so many falcons went down with injuries middle of last year. Alot of players would have quit on a lesser coach (see Jets/Bears/Redskins/Faiders/Titans and other teams that quit on their coach) ........, falcon players continued to play hard and actually were in position to win division until blowout loss to Carolina.....you have to give Smith some credit for that, team did not quit on him.

That was a bad team last year......smitty made some boneheaded decisions in detroit and cleveland games, but not many gave us a chnace to win new orleans and arizona games, so it all evens out. We needed to make a change, if for no other reason this team had gotten stale and lethargic which happens often with same coach for 6 seasons of hearing the same message..... if Quinn last here 6 seasons, it will be a good run.

Edited by Vandy