Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K26dp

Braves @ Marlins, 4/6 - 4/8

After this taste of the 2015 Braves I don't think they're going to be good but they're going to be that team no one wants to play since they're such a pain in the *** to go against.

If nothing nothing nothing else, we're building up some trade bait.

Looks like we landed the good versions of Jim Johnson and Jason Grilli. This team is so fun to watch! Love it!

Eh, it was just typical Braves. Wait around all night until someone hits a homer. tongue.png

Guest Homer the Brave

Grilli 2, Kimbrel 0 for those who care to keep score.

This is really starting to prove my theory that closers with lots of saves is more a product of a good bullpen that holds leads for the closer to have opportunities.

Last night for example. Grilli could have come in and allowed a run and still got a save. ERA of 9.00 and he is the hero, even though he is the only guy who allowed a run all night. Miller would have bested him with 5 scoreless innings and got no credit for anything.

Proves to me that the save is the stupidest statistic in all of sports. It should be a team statistic, not an individual award.

Grilli 2, Kimbrel 0 for those who care to keep score.

This is really starting to prove my theory that closers with lots of saves is more a product of a good bullpen that holds leads for the closer to have opportunities.

Last night for example. Grilli could have come in and allowed a run and still got a save. ERA of 9.00 and he is the hero, even though he is the only guy who allowed a run all night. Miller would have bested him with 5 scoreless innings and got no credit for anything.

Proves to me that the save is the stupidest statistic in all of sports. It should be a team statistic, not an individual award.

Relax it's only a 3 game sample

The only stat more useless is pitcher wins.