Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K26dp

Braves @ Marlins, 4/6 - 4/8

532 posts in this topic

Lost in all the other nonsense is that Julio Teheran looks like the total package.

And there is our first highlight of the 2015 season!

K26dp likes this

Listening to the Marlins announcers now... they like that the Braves brought in vets like Gomes, Markakis, Callaspo, and Grilli to bridge the gap to the young talent they brought in, wish the Marlins had done that when they went through their last rebuild.

Yes, our offense is good enough that we can give away outs.

I know what all the metrics say, but you should get used to this. I just had the epiphany that I've been trying to attain all season. I finally know who this team is mirroring. It's the mid-80s St. Louis team that had Jack Clark and a bunch of slap hitters.

I know what all the metrics say, but you should get used to this. I just had the epiphany that I've been trying to attain all season. I finally know who this team is mirroring. It's the mid-80s St. Louis team that had Jack Clark and a bunch of slap hitters.

There's no Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, or Terry Pendleton on this team.

Small ball Braves. Not bad. On another note CJ was upset he wasnt in the lineup.

He's make a better case if he were better at playing baseball.

Small ball Braves. Not bad. On another note CJ was upset he wasnt in the lineup.

He's a hothead. I wouldn't be surprised if Fredi held him out as some sort of punishment.

There's no Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, or Terry Pendleton on this team.

I am painfully aware of this. That's the goal, though.

Freeman strikes out! Cut him!

I wonder how many times in 2014 we had zero strikeouts through the first five innings.

I wonder how many times in 2014 we had zero strikeouts through the first five innings.

I'm guessing none. But I'm also guessing last year never let the starting pitcher go six innings with less that 70 pitches thrown.

I am painfully aware of this. That's the goal, though.

Those '80s Cardinals and Royals teams were of that time. Maybe if we had a race-track artificial turf stadium it could work, but we really need a balanced offense.